• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Martin Zubimendi

He is a 25yr old man who may play LFC for 3-5yrs? With flights 4hrs away. Not a huge ask if there is any desire to play elsewhere. If he wants to come, he will come. If not, we should move on quick. Would be another summer wasted like Caicedo on a key position if that is the case but assume we had good reason to go for him.

One of the la liga journos was saying that the basque players tend to be very insular & he's known to just camping with his mates & mountain climb, bike etc rather than flashy holidays.

I guess appealing to that side makes perfect sense in this case.

What will be will be, I guess we'll see how ambitious he is.

Personally I'd stay, but I'm not a footy player who got his first taste of CL footy last year & just picked up a Euros medal 🤷🏼‍♂️
Welcome back Jon.

You'd stay even if you were gonna get your wages doubled? You could always travel back to see your mates and the mountains. Apparently he's only on 58k a week.
See, if I was gonna get my wages doubled I'd move.
But, importantly, I'm not on 58k a week. Maybe I'm naive but I don't see much difference between 58k a week & 116k a week, it's still a helluva lifestyle, & there he has more time to enjoy that lifestyle in much nicer surroundings.

To go against what I'm actually arguing though, I always think to get to professional footy player standard, esp nowadays, you need to be exceptionally driven & self confident, so the majority will always want to test themselves at the highest level they can.

Dont think you can compare him to Jesus Navas or use this as some sort of indication of how his mentality is, as thats just a very simplified view.

Local lad, settled, all his family there and the club/fans/manager playing to his emotions.
Of course its something he’ll have to think about before moving to another country.
Add to that we dont know what he thinks bar whats reported in the media.

There’s an amnesty until midnight tonight for anyone who flounced off from the campsite like a big tart today.

Come and re pitch your tent and join in the celebrations tomorrow…there’ll be food, booze and dirty slots everywhere.

The good beans are out. We’re soon celebrating and partying!

There’s an amnesty until midnight tonight for anyone who flounced off from the campsite like a big tart today.

Come and re pitch your tent and join in the celebrations tomorrow…there’ll be food, booze and dirty slots everywhere.

I'll get my sleeping bag out but I'm not pitching a tent again. I'm saving that for when the ink has dried

I think its his club that have to make it look like they are doing everything to keep the player, as they are about to lose potentially two of their main midfield players if Arsenal are successful with the the other guy. Imagine us having to release 3 midfielders in one season ... wait a minute - we did that last season/summer and did not give a fuck with Milner/Ox/Naby pissing off and to add to it we also decided to tell Fab and Henderson they can go get their Saudi money.

Let’s get this wrapped up by mid-morning…else there will be little time left to set up the pending Anthony Gordon site.
I like how you think - transfers mean new threads on SCM !!!! - love people on here who put SCM content high on the agenda, it gives life to the site, and we really appreciate that.

One of the la liga journos was saying that the basque players tend to be very insular & he's known to just camping with his mates & mountain climb, bike etc rather than flashy holidays.

I guess appealing to that side makes perfect sense in this case.

What will be will be, I guess we'll see how ambitious he is.

Personally I'd stay, but I'm not a footy player who got his first taste of CL footy last year & just picked up a Euros medal 🤷🏼‍♂️
Take him to the Lake District. Sold. He'll sign tomorrow.

See, if I was gonna get my wages doubled I'd move.
But, importantly, I'm not on 58k a week. Maybe I'm naive but I don't see much difference between 58k a week & 116k a week, it's still a helluva lifestyle, & there he has more time to enjoy that lifestyle in much nicer surroundings.

To go against what I'm actually arguing though, I always think to get to professional footy player standard, esp nowadays, you need to be exceptionally driven & self confident, so the majority will always want to test themselves at the highest level they can.
Most footballers move on for far less than an extra 58k per week! That said I'm not sure what the tax situation would be. It may be a lot less than double when it hits his pocket.

@rurikbird , @King Binny

You guys like looking at stats right ?

Do you really think if Zubi is the answer to our DM issues ? - I get that he is a more of a technical controller type - but I was watching this channel, and they were comparing his stats over 90mins in games played against Wataru and give or take differences between leagues/teams - it looks like Wataru's stats are well above in most areas over Zubi stats.

Given that Slot has not played a single PL game do you think the style he wants to play will fit into the PL like he seems so sure of it, and we still lack the athletic type DM that I was hoping for. Given all this I don't think we should be letting go of Endo, as I think Slot might realize that a physical presence and a proper defence minded player like Endo is better needed in more games than what he is predicting/realizes.

MORON

Let’s get this wrapped up by mid-morning…else there will be little time left to set up the pending Anthony Gordon site.

Sign in the morning.

Then take one last hike in the afternoon, and a siesta before a final paella, then on to his flight. His friends can take the time to compile a farewell video and sign his yearbook. There's even enough time to put together a care package of milk and cookies.

Perfect.

I still can’t believe no-one sought to find out how many forms of communication he’s fluent in - only then will we get an idea of his DM suitability.

Back
Top Bottom