• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Martin Zubimendi

I have a feeling Endo is writing a book or an educational course based on his time at Liverpool and doesn’t want to cut his tenure short at least until he has enough material.

We’re not in desperate need of signings, are we? At the beginning of summer, everyone thought Diaz and/or Salah would be off, Nunez might be sold, maybe Tsimikas and maybe even Trent as well. Now it looks like all the senior players are staying, so there is not quite the same urgency.

This doesn’t mean we shouldn’t invest in long-term squad planning, of course. There are positions we could improve. But I don’t think we’re in “Arthur on deadline day” situation this time. The squad is fairly balanced and has quality and potential to develop further.

It is the third summer in a row that we have not been able to get a number 6 because we are fixated on certain players. I have said this before—we are so focused on the value of incoming players that we forget to assess the cost of not signing any player for a crucial position.

In the next two years, we may have to replace one or more of the greatest central defender, goalkeeper, attacker, and rightback who played for us in the last thirty years. Our passive approach does not make sense at all.

We’re not in desperate need of signings, are we?

We’re not… but some people are.

As things stand, anything short of a resounding victory against Ipswich and it’ll be back FSG, sack Edwards, sack Hughes, sack Slot, sack the Tea Lady, sell Trent/Virgil/Mo/Diaz/Endo/Nunez and all the kids and sign everyone that Todd Boehly hasn’t already managed to acquire!!!

AND IT MUST BE DONE BY END OF AUGUST OR THE SKY SHALL FALL!!!!

The thing with Endo is that slot isn't wrong. If he wants to try and get all tippy tappy, it won't go well anyway, but it definitely won't go well with Endo in that role.

But as I said earlier, fuck it, either buy some other more technically competent dm, or just buy a left back/CB and a forward.

🎵If you want to call me "baby"
Just go ahead now
And if you like to tell me "maybe"
Just go ahead now🎵

The clubs view is that we can play people out of position, and steal from Peter to pay Paul. Its this logic that causes cascade failures of injuries, and it has in my mind cost us at least one league.

But we should be able to get cl, and if we got tons of luck we might be competitive for a title

The thing is the club is actually ruthless from top to bottom, it's just we aren't playing the same game.

I'm very sure Endo will make everyone eat their own words this season again. No doubt about it. Tiki-taka ? They eat that for breakfast in Japan.

The only concern is when he inevitably gets injured, which we have more than able cover.

Until we get the right 6 in, i say we wait patiently, and don't rush it.

Last season was the perfect example. Look how Caicedo and Lavia turned out. Some of us never learn.

We would have won the League last season with Caicedo and Lavia in our team.

Thinking otherwise is delusional

Lavia was a complete non-factor, in short-term that was definitely a bullet dodged. Caicedo vs Endo - not sure who had a better season, Caicedo improved after a poor start, but he also showed he’s not a #6 in a ball-dominant team and couldn’t get the partnership with Enzo going.

So what is it then?

We’ve had absolutely nothing from them for 2 months, nada. Fans have remained patient only to be told there’s no one available to improve the squad? How fucking stupid do they take us for to believe this shit that’s blatantly untrue?
How the fuck would I know!

Better Zubimendi decided he wanted to stay now than got here then decided he didn’t really want to be here and spend the next 4 years homesick and shit until we release him back to his homeland.

It’s disappointing but we move on.

Six months ago, it was inconceivable that we'd be one week from the start of the season with no signings, but we've done it.

You can only judge someone on their track record and so far Hughes has failed almost every test.

He seems to be decent at is selling players so I'm sure the lizards love him and his "asset stripping" abilty

Back
Top Bottom