• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Martin Zubimendi

I know this is wise after the event and everything but was anyone else not a bit dubious about the whole thing once he obviously didn't really want to leave his midtable home town club? Doesn't exactly scream ambitious warrior king, does it?

Plus the fact that he's got the most shifty looking rodent face you can possibly imagine.
Oh absolutely. I packed my tent up on Friday, and only lingered through optimism rather than expectation

Edwards isn't doing this though; it's his mates and business partners.

I don't think we had a backup. We're 5 days before kick off and we've seemingly wasted a month and let the negotiations get in the press; something Edwards didn't do

We only briefed the press after Zubimendi said yes and gave us his word. Which in the end meant fuck all.
We’ll probably hear even less going forward now so the no nr 6 news isnt surprising.

Don't follow, sorry.
First time round Edwards primary targets were zielinski and brandt. When they failed we got goni and Salah instead.

I don't think Edwards has backups this time, because it's not Edwards; it's hughes

The extensions of all the players we want to do will be buoyed by the fact that this halfway decent player wants fuck all to do with us.

Go again FC. We aren't asking you to run just a little more this year, but you do have to just be technically superior somehow, without us improving the weak links. It was a hard market, all one week of it

We only briefed the press after Zubimendi said yes and gave us his word. Which in the end meant fuck all.
We’ll probably hear even less going forward now so the no nr 6 news isnt surprising.

But that should be irrelevant. Until the inks dry, do not release info. We had an agreed deal with Brighton last year, and that panned out similarly.

Release nothing

And I dont think Hughes is to blame for a player having a change of heart. But if we go into the new season without a new nr 6 after the manager said publicly that we need one, then that isnt a good look at all.

Time to step up.

The extensions of all the players we want to do will be buoyed by the fact that this halfway decent player wants fuck all to do with us.

Go again FC. We aren't asking you to run just a little more this year, but you do have to just be technically superior somehow, without us improving the weak links. It was a hard market, all one week of it

Doubtful. Arsenal, Utd, Bayern and Barca have all signed players and targets after getting rejected by Zubimendi.

It changes nothing for other players.

It's almost like we have a type

"Are you interested in a move"

Yes? Then you aren't the one for us.

Maybe? Ooooh, we have a live one here boys.. get monitoring the fuck out of this player and prepare the bids.

No? We didn't want you anyway mate.

If slot thinks he needs that type of player in midfield you’d think we’d have a shortlist of 5-10 most similar players and develop moves concurrently.

Amateur hour if this wasn’t the case.

New boys off to a shit start.
What do you mean? We were told there would be a war chest this summer to support slot, and so far we've signed a 16 year old child for free.

Borderline par for the course with our transfers

So last summer we tried to sign Caicedo and Lavia (who still sounds like a bit of a fanny to me) to be our 6. When we failed, we signed Endo.
We just failed to sign another 6, but we don't need to sign Endo because we've already signed Endo.
And you know what, Endo's pretty good, and a really likeable guy to boot.
It's disappointing and all, but I reckon our boy Wataru will be even more fired up than ever.
What's that you say, he won't feel wanted? How do you reckon he felt last year when everyone talked him up as a stop-gap. The lad's a pro, he'll be ready to go. Ipswich won't know what's hit them.

If slot thinks he needs that type of player in midfield you’d think we’d have a shortlist of 5-10 most similar players and develop moves concurrently.

Amateur hour if this wasn’t the case.

We've now dragged our heels to a week before the season starts. I genuinely don't think clubs are going to be willing to sell unless we pay over the odds and the player is desperate to come. We won't sign a 6 now.

Don’t forget we fumbled the gordon move by trying to shoe horn in the only defender more injury prone than Reece James.

And I dont think Hughes is to blame for a player having a change of heart. But if we go into the new season without a new nr 6 after the manager said publicly that we need one, then that isnt a good look at all.

Time to step up.

He is to blame for being led on a dance and compromising our season on an indecisive player who had turned away other CL clubs before.

I am betting if Xabi Alonso wanted to take his time deciding where to manage next, we would still be without a manager now.

Our season starts in five days. No contract extensions for even one of TAA, VVD, Salah. We need a Matip replacement and a Salah understudy.

It is not just about next season. We either continually improve or fall back. If we don't buy anyone this season, we will feel the effect two three seasons down the line. Of course, if we don't get a number 6, we will feel it this season.

So last summer we tried to sign Caicedo and Lavia (who still sounds like a bit of a fanny to me) to be our 6. When we failed, we signed Endo.
We just failed to sign another 6, but we don't need to sign Endo because we've already signed Endo.
And you know what, Endo's pretty good, and a really likeable guy to boot.
It's disappointing and all, but I reckon our boy Wataru will be even more fired up than ever.
What's that you say, he won't feel wanted? How do you reckon he felt last year when everyone talked him up as a stop-gap. The lad's a pro, he'll be ready to go. Ipswich won't know what's hit them.
Based on pre season I think endos on the bench

He is to blame for being led on a dance and compromising our season on an indecisive player who had turned away other CL clubs before.

I am betting if Xabi Alonso wanted to take his time deciding where to manage next, we would still be without a manager now.

Our season starts in five days. No contract extensions for even one of TAA, VVD, Salah. We need a Matip replacement and a Salah understudy.

It is not just about next season. We either continually improve or fall back. If we don't buy anyone this season, we will feel the effect two three seasons down the line. Of course, if we don't get a number 6, we will feel it this season.

It's happened for years. We're not proactive and we're always playing catch up to replace leaving players or aging players.

Based on pre season I think endos on the bench
Which means we didn't even need Zubimendi. Save our pennies for someone else.
We can sign Rodri on a free in January once City are fucked by the FFP tribunal, go into administration and all their players go out of contract and can leave. Sometimes you have to play the long game.

In a weird way I genuinely want endo or gravy to submit a transfer request, just to watch the communal head loss of our fan base

Back
Top Bottom