• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Martin Zubimendi

i hear he’s worried that he’ll be laughed at when he plays his zambomba in england

Nice of us to wait around till when the season starts before we get into these long boring sagas. Could we not have triggered it in July if we were really interested? Oh yes, we have to now off load of a bulk load of youth first.

This better fucking kick off a flurry of activity for us. Heels have dragged so much and it seems pointless

Our management is the elite of the elite. I know this because their press releases told me so. It's why the next time my wife wonders what I'm up to when I'm just sort of laying on the bed doing fuck all, I'm going to tell her that I'm thoughtfully considering my options.

On second thoughts she'd accurately go right to suicide.

Not to worry, I'm sure I'll get a newer better way of putting it soon enough, I only need to watch this space.

What is this gimme gimme gimme entitlement bullshit?

We used to take some fucking responsibility and put in the work to get to 100 pages.

Welcome to the Kelly's Heroes generation. Dirty Slots was formed to restore us to former glory.

If the player had made it clear to Sociedad that he wanted the move, would they have put this much pressure on him not to go ahead with it? If I'm right in thinking the answer to that is probably "no" then sorry, but it's a Do Not Want from me.

Sociedad are about to lose the engine room of their midfield in Zubimendi and Moreno (whose transfer saga to Arsenal is far longer btw).

They’re obviously pushing Zubi to not agitate whilst they hold out for full payment from us and identify / talk to replacement targets.

This gets done by 3pm tomorrow so hold steady and enjoy the sunshine.

In the meantime get ready for our new cb target to be leaked in the next 24 hours too…what a time to be alive!

Sociedad are about to lose the engine room of their midfield in Zubimendi and Moreno (whose transfer saga to Arsenal is far longer btw).

They’re obviously pushing Zubi to not agitate whilst they hold out for full payment from us and identify / talk to replacement targets.

This gets done by 3pm tomorrow so hold steady and enjoy the sunshine.

In the meantime get ready for our new cb target to be leaked in the next 24 hours too…what a time to be alive!

Yes - and they also sold their best CB already.

Wouldn't that have tax implications on the player and drive up the price of the deal?

I'd imagine that the language of these release clauses differ from contract to contract, but even the ones requiring the player to trigger it can always be negotiated around with the selling club simply agreeing to receive money directly from the buying club.

I would think that this is an attempt by Sociedad to screw the deal by telling Zubimendi that he must adhere to the strict terms of the contract - pay the money himself. Now we'd obviously fund that amount, but not sure if that gets taxed as income for Zubimendi, in which case the cost of the deal may go up significantly.

Where's @Beamrider when you need him
When the money goes out of his account it is an expense no? Evens out?

Back
Top Bottom