• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Martin Zubimendi

This has Stevie G vibes written all over it. He'll stay at Sociedad, sign a new contract and release a book with a chapter dedicated to how his love for the mountains was too hard to move away from.

All that's missing is burning effigies.

I thought this was the case in all honesty. That the club was stalling while trying to convince him to stay.
Lets hope the deadline set is about triggering the buy out clause.

Sociedad is trying to buy time, which, unfortunately, they seem unlikely to get. Ideally, their plan, based on loyalty, would involve Zubimendi playing in the league opener, where the overwhelming support from his own fans would make him realize that there's no better place than home.
@MikRec

I think this Spanish journo wants to make it look like its a tough decision, likely at request of the club. He's coming to Anfield if we stump up the cash - ball is 100% in our court. There is no way that we hit the right transfer fee and he doesn't come.

I think this Spanish journo wants to make it look like its a tough decision, likely at request of the club. He's coming to Anfield if we stump up the cash - ball is 100% in our court. There is no way that we hit the right transfer fee and he doesn't come.

No way you say?

Or he'd rather not come here but would, at a push, with doubts, and was hoping some other club entered the discussion.

Or he'd rather not come here but would, at a push, with doubts, and was hoping some other club entered the discussion.

Seems weird given that he has rejected Arsenal x 3, Utd x 2, Bayern and Barcelona. The two last attempts someone made to sign him were quickly rebuffed by the player in the media.

Nah, I think its only us in this case.

It would be absolutely tragic if another team has joined in and that's causing the delay

No way you say?

I know a guy. I will try to keep his identity safe, as the club might track the leaks. In our group of mates we call him Eddie, but his name is Mike.

Tempted to get back in touch with my backup source, used to be a yoga instructor to the stars (and @Red Astaire) but got stuck off the register by the Association of Yoga Practitioners last autumn.

Anyway.. as you were.

Real Sociedad have cranked up the pressure on Liverpool’s target Martín Zubimendi by telling him he must trigger his own £51million release clause from his boyhood club.
@_pauljoyce

In other words, we must pay the 51 mill in one payment. Guessing we're fine with that.

Real Sociedad have cranked up the pressure on Liverpool’s target Martín Zubimendi by telling him he must trigger his own £51million release clause from his boyhood club.
@_pauljoyce

In other words, we must pay the 51 mill in one payment. Guessing we're fine with that.
Why would he have to trigger it? Surely we can do that without him?

@_pauljoyce

Translation.

Cash now or fuck off.

Same with Szoboszlai last year.

Isn’t it weird like that we have to pay the player who then pays out his own contract????? Isn’t that what happened with Neymar?

From what I understand its a bit different in Spain. La Liga take the money first of all Then its given to the club there after.

Yes, the player himself has to buy out the contract. Pretty standard. Iow there are no negotiations and putting further pressure on him.

I'm pretty confident this gets done in all honesty.

Isn’t it weird like that we have to pay the player who then pays out his own contract????? Isn’t that what happened with Neymar?
Wouldn't that have tax implications on the player and drive up the price of the deal?

I'd imagine that the language of these release clauses differ from contract to contract, but even the ones requiring the player to trigger it can always be negotiated around with the selling club simply agreeing to receive money directly from the buying club.

I would think that this is an attempt by Sociedad to screw the deal by telling Zubimendi that he must adhere to the strict terms of the contract - pay the money himself. Now we'd obviously fund that amount, but not sure if that gets taxed as income for Zubimendi, in which case the cost of the deal may go up significantly.

Where's @Beamrider when you need him

Wouldn't that have tax implications on the player and drive up the price of the deal?

I'd imagine that the language of these release clauses differ from contract to contract, but even the ones requiring the player to trigger it can always be negotiated around with the selling club simply agreeing to receive money directly from the buying club.

I would think that this is an attempt by Sociedad to screw the deal by telling Zubimendi that he must adhere to the strict terms of the contract - pay the money himself. Now we'd obviously fund that amount, but not sure if that gets taxed as income for Zubimendi, in which case the cost of the deal may go up significantly.

Where's @Beamrider when you need him
Then I’d guess he would have that go as an expense the other side of the process with a nil net effect.

If I was in this situation, I would let LFC know that I'm good to go, get the money in my account and then ghost them and claim I knew nothing about this £51 million and that they have been scammed.

£51m richer and I'd get to stay with the mountains and goats. I'd also make sure my agent was setting the whole thing up so if shit did hit the fan, it'd be on them.

1000047737.jpg

Back
Top Bottom