• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Martin Zubimendi

we’ll eat him too, my closets are full

I wouldn’t eat him if I were you… it will allow Dreamie to pass into you and become you.

Trust me… you don’t want to feel like signing Ryan Fraser in a heartbeat!!!

Is this guy really supposed to be that good? I'm bored of this saga and I'm getting homesick bogey eyed Alberto vibes

Do you know how long it takes to create a PowerPoint presentation especially if it has audio and video? then there's the slide transitions. Formatting the images correctly, you can't be stretching images in PowerPoint.
Great, so Martin is going to speedrun powerpoints as well. FFS. IS his shirt going to say

Screenshot 2024-08-10 115443.png

Even if we do end up signing him, it won't have that same buzz feeling a new signing should bring.

It shouldn't take 3 days to make a breakthrough with a player to commit.

This feels a little like a luxury signing… like there is a biggish overlap with the players we already have and maybe we end up with a midfield that’s a little too same same.

If this is what Slot needs to build his team then fair enough, sounds good on paper, hope it works out.

Is it just me or is this thread not visible on the Football Forum page anymore? Need to go to my notifications to access this thread

Its not a luxury signing if we dont have this type of player in the team or squad.

I also think we had a major challenge connecting front to back last season and this fits the bill. Our midfield was awful when it came to misplaced passes, so a metronomic player old this could get the best out of other parts of the squad

Is it just me or is this thread not visible on the Football Forum page anymore? Need to go to my notifications to access this thread
I've had that issue before, but it's usually when I've got the thread starter on ignore....

This feels a little like a luxury signing… like there is a biggish overlap with the players we already have and maybe we end up with a midfield that’s a little too same same.

If this is what Slot needs to build his team then fair enough, sounds good on paper, hope it works out.

Agreed, but I will say that with the squad we had there's a case to say any signing has a luxury element to it. There was not glaring and essential gaps that needed filling without some tempting offers landing.

If we are going to start remodeling the side in Slots vision then starting with the engine room makes some sense. Slot was heard shouting 'Kill them with passes' during this pre-season, which certainly fits more into Zubimendis profile then Endos. If Slots wants two ball-playing deeper CMs then 4/5 players who can do it will likely prove essential over the year.

I suspect we're going to see Szoboszlai and Elliott in a ten-ish role and then Jones, Mac, Gravenberch, Zubimendi in the deeper roles. And then one of Endo / Baj getting sold / loaned respectively.

Back
Top Bottom