• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lucas can replace Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

Will he believe again?
LIVERPOOL midfielder Lucas believes he can ease the impact of Xabi Alonso’s departure and finally show that he can cut it in England.

The Brazilian is likely to be handed the chance to impress at Anfield that he has always craved, with Alonso having left for Real Madrid and new signing Alberto Aquilani sidelined for two months.

Manager Rafa Benitez’s faith in Lucas, 22, has yet to be justified and sections of the Liverpool crowd turned on the youngster last season.

But he has impressed in pre-season and the player is acutely aware he must seize the opportunity to prove himself as he begins his third season on Merseyside.

“I feel as though I’m at the same level of strength and fitness as everyone else in the squad,†he said. “Now I can start to mature in the Premier League.

“I’m looking to play more games now that Xabi has gone. The competition between the players in central midfield is really fierce and even Stevie [Gerrard] can drop back into that position.

“I know I’m going to have to play well and work hard, that’s the only way I will be in the team. “I’m pleased with my own form. Last season I played some games and this season I want to play more. I’m doing extra work on the weights and that’s helping me a lot. I’m just trying to be focused on the season.†Lucas also distanced himself from quotes claiming he would be interested in a move back to Brazil with Corinthians.

“I have been hearing these stories about me, and I don’t know where they are coming from,†he said.

“Rafa has told me I am in his plans for the season. He has told me that I’ve been working hard in pre-season and that this is my opportunity. I’m just looking to stay at Liverpool, be focused on playing games and helping the team to win silverware.â€

Martin Skrtel proved his fitness for Sunday’s Premier League opener against Tottenham in a behind-closed-doors friendly with Oldham yesterday.

Slovakian defender Skrtel damaged his hamstring on Liverpool’s tour of the Far East but played in the 2-0 win.

Jamie Carragher is also expected to recover from an ankle problem to ease Benitez’s defensive concerns before the trip to White Hart Lane

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=35232.msg924033#msg924033 date=1250223534]
Everybody can get the fuck off my Lucas bandwagon.
[/quote]

Why? Has the Lucas bandwagon started running already?

[/quote]

Lucas will have another "nowhere near good enough season".

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=35232.msg924044#msg924044 date=1250230648]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Much like you Dreamy.

lifted from LTW, couldn't get it out me head.

25 secs in
[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/TCeD_6Y3GQc[/flash]

Number 21, Lucas Leiva,
There's no Brazilian braver,
So give the ball to Lucas Leiva,
He's Liverpool's midfield saviour,
LOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOO
Lucas Leiva!
Lucas Leiva!

[quote author=Redshrek link=topic=35232.msg924046#msg924046 date=1250230778]
lifted from LTW, couldn't get it out me head.

25 secs in
[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/TCeD_6Y3GQc[/flash]

Number 21, Lucas Leiva,
There's no Brazilian braver,
So give the ball to Lucas Leiva,
He's Liverpool's midfield saviour,
Lucas Leiva!
Lucas Leiva!
[/quote]

That's superb.

Let's hope the fans have a reason to adopt it, or another song for him this coming season & this isnt just the type of self-hype we've seen from so many over the years.

I think he can comfortably replace Alonso.

Im so chuffed that our team hasnt had huge changes this summer this is pretty much the team that ended last year. The team that hammered United 1-4 with only the addition of Johnson, who looks every inch the Liverpool player. We're going into a new season without upheaval, without huge personell or tactical change.
Reina.
Insua.
Skrtel.
Carra.
Johnson.

Mascherano.
Lucas.

Riera.
Gerrard.
Kuyt.

Torres.

Pretty much the team that tore up the league and Europe last year, whats not to be excited about. Lucas can fill in for a few weeks, and im quite happy that Aquilani will have a few weeks of watching the team before he plays, it should give him a really gøod grounding in the team and our league.

Im 'piss my pants' excited

Losing Xabi is a big deal.
Lucas will not fill that void, whether he improves or not.
It's just not possible. We will need Aqulani to come in and do the business and hope that we have picked up enough wins with Lucas in the side, which in more than ove occasion last season, we did not.

I do agree with the overall sentiments of Oncy's post though.
I am giddy like a child on Christmas eve about this season.

i will be too, with one more attacking signing

it amuses me these lads, talking themselves up, like lucas.

Let's see it. no talk needed

Lucas was surprisingly good against Athletico Madrid, showed good skill, strength and a good pass. I think he can fill the void left by Alonso. Lucas also gives more energy and gets forward well. I'm expecting him to finally 'emerge' this season.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=35232.msg924143#msg924143 date=1250242581]
I think he can comfortably replace Alonso.

Im so chuffed that our team hasnt had huge changes this summer this is pretty much the team that ended last year. The team that hammered United 1-4 with only the addition of Johnson, who looks every inch the Liverpool player. We're going into a new season without upheaval, without huge personell or tactical change.
Reina.
Insua.
Skrtel.
Carra.
Johnson.

Mascherano.
Lucas.

Riera.
Gerrard.
Kuyt.

Torres.

Pretty much the team that tore up the league and Europe last year, whats not to be excited about. Lucas can fill in for a few weeks, and im quite happy that Aquilani will have a few weeks of watching the team before he plays, it should give him a really gøod grounding in the team and our league.

Im 'piss my pants' excited
[/quote]

Don't know about 'comfortably' Andy. I don't know whether you're underrating Xabi or overrating Lucas. I think he has the potential the be a relatively important member of the squad this year, but to think he'll comfortably replace Alonso is ridiculously optimistic.

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=35232.msg924044#msg924044 date=1250230648]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He's bound to have a cracker then

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=35232.msg924205#msg924205 date=1250245297]
Quite right

We will be lifting the title come May.
[/quote]

i think your right, but i would like to see ginsoak lifted shortly after and tipped over!!!

Cow Tipping Style!!

Where has this almost guaranteed optomism came from regarding Lucas? Andy, comfortably!? Come on thats ridiculous he is nowhere near the player Alonso is. People on this site are having Babel syndrome this will be his year, id love to be proven wrong but i doubt i will.

Bring on the humble pie, otherwise therell be fucking plenty of eggs to dished out.

I'm really hoping that Lucas can mature into one of the League's best midfielders this summer.

I'm also hoping that my cock grows to 18 inches and that someone deposits £14Million into my bank account and decides not to ask for it back.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=35232.msg924444#msg924444 date=1250266997]
An 18 inch cock wouldn't be very practical.
[/quote]

I know. That extra 2 inches would be a killer.

[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=35232.msg924447#msg924447 date=1250267349]
[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=35232.msg924444#msg924444 date=1250266997]
An 18 inch cock wouldn't be very practical.
[/quote]

I know. That extra 2 inches would be a killer.

[/quote]

lol....indeed.

[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=35232.msg924383#msg924383 date=1250260247]
Where has this almost guaranteed optomism came from regarding Lucas? Andy, comfortably!? Come on thats ridiculous he is nowhere near the player Alonso is. People on this site are having Babel syndrome this will be his year, id love to be proven wrong but i doubt i will.

Bring on the humble pie, otherwise therell be fucking plenty of eggs to dished out.
[/quote]Lucas is in my fantasy team. Fact.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=35232.msg924557#msg924557 date=1250283012]

[/quote]

Lucas shits trophies.

[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=35232.msg924717#msg924717 date=1250331026]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=35232.msg924557#msg924557 date=1250283012]

[/quote]

Lucas shits trophies.
[/quote]

A horny Brazilian I met on the interweb reckons Lucas is gonna be brilliant for us, and I trust his judgement.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=35232.msg924752#msg924752 date=1250336576]
[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=35232.msg924717#msg924717 date=1250331026]

[/quote]

Lucas shits trophies.
[/quote]

A horny Brazilian I met on the interweb reckons Lucas is gonna be brilliant for us, and I trust his judgement.
[/quote]

I often consult the oracles of brazilian sex farms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom