• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Espanyol match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=35034.msg916784#msg916784 date=1249241459]
I blame Lucas.
[/quote]

You won't be alone. I think he's started well... it would be nice if he were to seize the chances he's been handed.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=35034.msg916786#msg916786 date=1249241585]
My stream is like an acid trip.

[/quote]

since when does LSD make you freeze every 5 seconds?

We really lack the cutting edge, and I'm growing quite concerned about the start of the season.
We don't look ready at all.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=35034.msg916803#msg916803 date=1249242580]
We really lack the cutting edge, and I'm growing quite concerned about the start of the season.

[/quote]

We didn't last season either, but the results were good in the end.

To be fair some of these guys havent really played many games this preseason.......

Plus the fact when Rafa mixes the team up we are usually shit.... Its only when we pick our 1st eleven does it click together.

I shouldnt take too much from this, apart from the fact that Aquilani better be a fucking good replacement for Xabi.

Our defence has looked poor, Benayoun still infuriates me with his decision making, De La Pena has still got it. All in all, a decent game and a good workout for the lads.

We also need Skrtel and Agger fit soon as San Jose hasn't been playing well at all.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=35034.msg916805#msg916805 date=1249242635]
[quote author=Hansern link=topic=35034.msg916803#msg916803 date=1249242580]

[/quote]

We didn't last season either, but the results were good in the end.

[/quote]

We didn't lose one match last year, now we're headed for the 2nd loss in this years pre season...

Yes, it's only pre season, but it's 14 days until kick off.

the opposition had the ball for about 3 minutes without liverpool getting a touch, the ball fall to carra who immediately gives the ball straight back to them. where's agger?

On Agger, Benitez added: "He had an injury before and we decided not to take him to Switzerland. He has a problem again and we do not want to take any risks in this game.

"He wanted to come to Spain, but it was not necessary because we will have two more games before the start of the season and it was better for him to stay at Melwood."

I know its early days but i'm concerned we spent 18m on a defender who has proved time and again that his weakness is defending.

Degen and Dossena at FB now, Spearing and Alonso in CM. And Babel at LW.

Hard to imagine we're going to improve, given those changes...

[quote author=monsieurdantes link=topic=35034.msg916806#msg916806 date=1249242680]
we look like we need gerrard and torres to paper over the cracks for a couple of months until we get used to playing without alonso
[/quote]

Yep.

We always start the season slowly. We're going to really need to grind out some early results (like we did last year with last minute goals). Else, the title campaign will be over almost as soon as it started.

If we start well, we'll challenge. But I don't think we'd do so well playing catch up from September.

[quote author=eecheerow link=topic=35034.msg916816#msg916816 date=1249243701]
Dossena (Insua), Degen (Johnson), Spearing (Mascherano) and Babel (Benayoun) are on to start the second.
[/quote]

adios Xabi.

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=35034.msg916817#msg916817 date=1249243713]
I know its early days but i'm concerned we spent 18m on a defender who has proved time and again that his weakness is defending.
[/quote]

He wasn't voted best right back in the league for nothing though. The defending isn't a problem

You can see why Ronaldo wanted to go to Spain, you get a free kick every time you lose the ball.
Apperantly you're not allowed to get anywhere near the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom