• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Espanyol match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pleased to see that Rafa made his substitutions early yesterday, ususally he'd wait until at least the 60th min before contemplating any changes.

This is a good sign.

His substitution policy has deserved criticism in the past.

It's been to rigid.

Theres not been alot wrong with his subs. Hes got a very good record when it comes to players coming off the bench and scoring goals.

[quote author=Whitey85 link=topic=35034.msg917125#msg917125 date=1249303720]
Theres not been alot wrong with his subs. Hes got a very good record when it comes to players coming off the bench and scoring goals.
[/quote]

I agree he has swung games alot but there have been times when he's left things too late and this 60 minute thing is too rigid, as Squiggles said.

Mourinho was never afraid of making a change or two at halftime to change the face of a game.

i remember olympiacus - now that was brave half time substitutions.

but last season, especially when we were on top of the league, he didn't change it soon enough. it seemed like the pressure had got to him and he'd settle for the point.

infact that's the problem with his subs - he'll sub to chase a game but he won't sub quick enough when we're drawing.

[quote author=rage link=topic=35034.msg917140#msg917140 date=1249304964]
he'll sub to chase a game but he won't sub quick enough when we're drawing.
[/quote]

On the money.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=35034.msg917126#msg917126 date=1249303953]
Mourinho was never afraid of making a change or two at halftime to change the face of a game.
[/quote]

I don't know the answer to this, but how often did this turn the game in his favour? I don't remember many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom