• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

the fan base wants a signing for the sake of making a signing. Ask the fan base who they want, they'll say CDM. Ask them how they make room for another CDM if Endo, Steph and Morton are part of the 1st team squad? you get the shrug of the shoulder.
People should not fret, its important we get the right players in. Why get upset if Lenny Yoro goes to Man U, we know they don't have the best record on transfers. Besides, how many of us see Lenny play week in week out?
hacked?

I imagine most clubs are looking at end of month/early August to get business sorted to dovetail with international returnees and 'proper' pre-season

I think the financial package for Yoro is enough to understand why we arent in the race.
50 mill fee, massive agent fees to Mendes and a reported 150k a week for a 18 year old is crazy no matter the potential. He's only played 1 full season for Lille but so far looks like a generational talent imho.

Its a kick in the nuts not to get him and seeing him sign for Utd, but I can kind of understand it given the financial part of the deal.
The likes of Pogba, Ronaldo and martial have all failed there. He may indeed become a world beater, but their track record isn't great with 'generational talent'

the fan base wants a signing for the sake of making a signing. Ask the fan base who they want, they'll say CDM. Ask them how they make room for another CDM if Endo, Steph and Morton are part of the 1st team squad? you get the shrug of the shoulder.
People should not fret, its important we get the right players in. Why get upset if Lenny Yoro goes to Man U, we know they don't have the best record on transfers. Besides, how many of us see Lenny play week in week out?

I’m liking this new ultra-zen you to the point of wondering whether your account has been hacked - this would be like Dreamie telling people not to cash out at half time or Moron declaring that CJ is nothing but a squadie who should barely make the bench.

I imagine most clubs are looking at end of month/early August to get business sorted to dovetail with international returnees and 'proper' pre-season
It helps with PSR not having 3 players with an extra months pay in their back pocket.

The likes of Pogba, Ronaldo and martial have all failed there. He may indeed become a world beater, but their track record isn't great with 'generational talent'
Oh come on. Straws. There's a much longer list of success stories.
All we can do is hope that Ten Hags continues his wonderful record.

I have this wild idea... that FSG is betting on City getting hit hard... and going in for their players.

Rodri? Nunes? Gvardiol? Mind you it wouldn't be a smart bet. But we aren't very smart are we?

I’m liking this new ultra-zen you to the point of wondering whether your account has been hacked - this would be like Dreamie telling people not to cash out at half time or Moron declaring that CJ is nothing but a squadie who should barely make the bench.
CJ is part -time squaddie, the other times he is injured. I was all for a new CDM until Leipzig showed interest in Morton, and then I changed my mind.

If preseason goes the way i think it will go, then I expect Morton, Steph, Danns and Fab C to be part of the 1st team squad. That's 4 new signings there and they know the culture of the club. A big club promoting with in will act as beacon for other young players wanting to join us as opposed to our rivals
If Slot has done his homework, there isn't much to do, just tighten up the defence and we might run Man City close.

I like Guehi, but we already have Van Dijk, Quansah, Konate, Gomez and possibly Sepp.
What's the thinking process behind signing Guehi?

24, right profile, homegrown.

Sepp is unproven, Gomez versatile, konate injury prone, quansah developing and vvd needs to be replaced within a few years. I'd rather be proactive in that particular one

I don’t think there is any point in spending a huge amount of money on a defender unless we’re selling someone (Konate), have decided the kids aren’t (ever) going to be good enough or there is a one off opportunity in the market this summer that we can’t afford to miss out on.

If we think Quansah can become a top class player, we should rotate him and Konate for another season to see how he develops.

An expensive center back is someone that would be starting 90% of matches.

24, right profile, homegrown.

Sepp is unproven, Gomez versatile, konate injury prone, quansah developing and vvd needs to be replaced within a few years. I'd rather be proactive in that particular one
can't disagree, but it feel like someone has to go for that to happen.

I think the centre back issue we have is who steps in for Van Dijk, or who is his eventual successor. All of the other CBs we have are more comfortable on the right. I don't think we have anyone coming through the youth ranks to play LCB, unless Chambers is that person. So there's an issue of succession planning.

I don’t think there is any point in spending a huge amount of money on a defender unless we’re selling someone (Konate), have decided the kids aren’t (ever) going to be good enough or there is a one off opportunity in the market this summer that we can’t afford to miss out on.

If we think Quansah can become a top class player, we should rotate him and Konate for another season to see how he develops.

An expensive center back is someone that would be starting 90% of matches.
Yep, Quansah is a very talented young CB, and played very well last year. Konate's still very young too, albeit injury prone. Gomez had a great season last year as well. Doesn't make any sense to fork out a big sum of money for a 4th CB unless we're selling one of them.

Would perhaps make sense to get someone who can play both LB and CB, especially if Slot is interested in inverting Trent and using 3 at the back for build-up play.

The likes of Calafiori or Inacio could still make sense if we want to do that.

I think the centre back issue we have is who steps in for Van Dijk, or who is his eventual successor. All of the other CBs we have are more comfortable on the right. I don't think we have anyone coming through the youth ranks to play LCB, unless Chambers is that person. So there's an issue of succession planning.

But equally there is no point signing someone now when VVD is still expected to play week in, week out.

If we think this is the season VVD shows he can't play at the highest level anymore then absolutely, yes, we need a CB waiting in the wings to push VVD down to the bench. If not, there is just no point spending 50M on someone to keep Tsimikas company on the bench.

But equally there is no point signing someone now when VVD is still expected to play week in, week out.

If we think this is the season VVD shows he can't play at the highest level anymore then absolutely, yes, we need a CB waiting in the wings to push VVD down to the bench. If not, there is just no point spending 50M on someone to keep Tsimikas company on the bench.
I sort of agree but we have a similar situation developing with Salah and at some point we'll have to do something about it.

After watching him I am pretty envious of the signing by United, but why we did not entertain his wages is understandable. We have had Quansah come through, costing us peanuts. United have had to shell out big money. The fact Real wanted him shows he is already at an advance level for his age. However we should not forget that United will probably turn him shit anyway - about 1 percent of United players have improved since signing for them in the past 15 years, which their fans all seem to be forgetting.

Thats probably why they want to see how Sepp performs during pre season first. He can play LCB.
His stats are pretty good and he clocked in the 4th highest speed of all the CBs in the Bundesliga.
Second on the 6 minute test after Salah so far as well.

View: https://x.com/AhmedLulat/status/1813535922459455624

After watching him I am pretty envious of the signing by United, but why we did not entertain his wages is understandable. We have had Quansah come through, costing us peanuts. United have had to shell out big money. The fact Real wanted him shows he is already at an advance level for his age. However we should not forget that United will probably turn him shit anyway - about 1 percent of United players have improved since signing for them in the past 15 years, which their fans all seem to be forgetting.
But they couldn't have wanted him THAT badly as they obviously don't believe he is worth the money. He was desperate for real madrid but they obviously aren't desperate for him.

Back
Top Bottom