• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Even with 1 year. Things went crazy a few years ago with mega deals on those with season left.

@bluebell - where are the signings and concrete news/speculatuion etc...

Also to the rest of the forum, does it not worry you if Slot buys another Dutch player or if all the news is focussed around potential buys from the Dutch league ?

Also to the rest of the forum, does it not worry you if Slot buys another Dutch player or if all the news is focussed around potential buys from the Dutch league ?

He hasn't bought a single Dutch player. Not even an Eredivise one.

(nor a French one... nor a German...)

There is most likely will be signings, they have a short list of candidates as to who they are, I have no idea. No one should be fretting over signings as we have a packed squad as it stands. There are 1 or 2 chinks but nothing that needs addressing here and now. Considering the largest 2 regional competitions in world football ended just two days ago, with players now going to spend time with family and friends, I really don't expect there to be any moving of the needle
Slott has had plenty of time to work with the kids, and if they make the grade, why not let them fill the voids we have?
Sorry to be A Debbie Downer.

If Trent wants to go then it will hurt, but I could not blame him. He is a Real Madrid-type player and he would be adored there. They are building one of the most dominant football teams Europe has ever seen. He's won the PL and CL here already. Slot is an unknown appointment. He does have Bellingham there to make the transition slightly easier. The emergence of Bradley whilst doesn't threaten him, means he can leave knowing we have a decent attacking RB in hand.

The balance for him will be how to not burn his bridge with Liverpool and its fanbase, and the best thing he can do is to do what it takes to ensure Real Madrid pays a fair market price for him either by leaving this summer or signing an extension. Trent will be acutely aware of the Michael Owen situation and how things can easily unravel. We were more reliant on Owen than we are on Trent now, but he wasn't a proper scouser and he wasn't as liked as an individual. He may well want to return someday as a player or in retirement. All of that can be forgotten when agents get involved and the biggest club in the world want you, but he does need to remain pragmatic and have his eye on the long-term and now just the short-term glitz.

It will be interesting to see how both Trent, Real, Slot and Liverpool play it. We've already given him the vice-captaincy so a commitment to making him captain, plus high wages, seems the cards the club can play. We shouldn't get drawn into promising him a certain position whatver happens.

If Trent wants to go then it will hurt, but I could not blame him. He is a Real Madrid-type player and he would be adored there. They are building one of the most dominant football teams Europe has ever seen. He's won the PL and CL here already. Slot is an unknown appointment. He does have Bellingham there to make the transition slightly easier. The emergence of Bradley whilst doesn't threaten him, means he can leave knowing we have a decent attacking RB in hand.

The balance for him will be how to not burn his bridge with Liverpool and its fanbase, and the best thing he can do is to do what it takes to ensure Real Madrid pays a fair market price for him either by leaving this summer or signing an extension. Trent will be acutely aware of the Michael Owen situation and how things can easily unravel. We were more reliant on Owen than we are on Trent now, but he wasn't a proper scouser and he wasn't as liked as an individual. He may well want to return someday as a player or in retirement. All of that can be forgotten when agents get involved and the biggest club in the world want you, but he does need to remain pragmatic and have his eye on the long-term and now just the short-term glitz.

It will be interesting to see how both Trent, Real, Slot and Liverpool play it. We've already given him the vice-captaincy so a commitment to making him captain, plus high wages, seems the cards the club can play. We shouldn't get drawn into promising him a certain position whatver happens.
I am not too bothered if he leaves, for all the assists, I dont believe he likes RB position and I domt think its worth playing him in midfield, just lacks the fight and awareness in CM, LM positions. If he leaves ...he leaves, we just need the money.

I’d be worried if this «news» didnt come from an account that cant even get the Bayern info correct.

As reported by the journos following Liverpool, the noise from Trent is that he’ll sign a new deal.

The position stuff is something we fans think about. I seriously doubt Trent would demand that in his contract.

At Madrid, he will be competing with a homegrown player who started and won 6 CL finals and a Euros. Unless he thinks he is the replacement for Toni Kroos.
I was about to type something similar (but not as pointed).

Exactly!

Carvajal has only got one year left on his contract, like Trent, and is 32 unlike Trent. So that may not be an obvious barrier. I hope Trent stays, but I also think he needs to decide what he wants to be. The hybrid RB role suits him but he needs to still be able to play like a conventional RB if the situation calls for it. He still needs to be overlapping if necessary and I feel like he's stopped doing that. If he wants to be a midfielder, fine, but there are things he then needs to develop, such as press-resistance and positioning.

What would we consider to be a fair market price for TAA?

It's going to be quite subjective given that a) he's a local kid that's come good and b) when we sell we need a big pay day to make it worthwhile.

I just can't see Real giving us a fee we'd be happy with, particularly given his contract situation. They'd just tell him to wait if they wanted him. They don't actually need him.

Basically, if he leaves, it's with bad blood.

Seems like we need to make a signing soon or our fanbase will go crazy. The Yoro to Utd stuff is making some question Hughes already it seems.

Seems like we need to make a signing soon or our fanbase will go crazy. The Yoro to Utd stuff is making some question Hughes already it seems.
the fan base wants a signing for the sake of making a signing. Ask the fan base who they want, they'll say CDM. Ask them how they make room for another CDM if Endo, Steph and Morton are part of the 1st team squad? you get the shrug of the shoulder.
People should not fret, its important we get the right players in. Why get upset if Lenny Yoro goes to Man U, we know they don't have the best record on transfers. Besides, how many of us see Lenny play week in week out?

What would we consider to be a fair market price for TAA?

It's going to be quite subjective given that a) he's a local kid that's come good and b) when we sell we need a big pay day to make it worthwhile.

I just can't see Real giving us a fee we'd be happy with, particularly given his contract situation. They'd just tell him to wait if they wanted him. They don't actually need him.

Basically, if he leaves, it's with bad blood.

I suspect you're right.

This summer £80M would be enough for me to go after the best Salah replacement we can.

the fan base wants a signing for the sake of making a signing. Ask the fan base who they want, they'll say CDM. Ask them how they make room for another CDM if Endo, Steph and Morton are part of the 1st team squad? you get the shrug of the shoulder.
People should not fret, its important we get the right players in. Why get upset if Lenny Yoro goes to Man U, we know they don't have the best record on transfers. Besides, how many of us see Lenny play week in week out?

I think the financial package for Yoro is enough to understand why we arent in the race.
50 mill fee, massive agent fees to Mendes and a reported 150k a week for a 18 year old is crazy no matter the potential. He's only played 1 full season for Lille but so far looks like a generational talent imho.

Its a kick in the nuts not to get him and seeing him sign for Utd, but I can kind of understand it given the financial part of the deal.

I think it's a bit justified. High profile target we might miss out on, only because slot wants to run the rule over VDB? Nah. Personally, I don't mind yoro going because 18 year old CBS tend not to work out initially. I'm more excited by the guehi links

I think it's a bit justified. High profile target we might miss out on, only because slot wants to run the rule over VDB? Nah. Personally, I don't mind yoro going because 18 year old CBS tend not to work out initially. I'm more excited by the guehi links

Not that in to Guehi tbh. I dont like shortarse CBs.

Have you stopped drinking the loopy juice?

We just need to start doing stuff. It made sense waiting until the international football finished, but that's done, and the time to start sorting the squad out is now. If we get to August and we've heard nothing, it's going to be a long season I feel.

I like Guehi, but we already have Van Dijk, Quansah, Konate, Gomez and possibly Sepp.
What's the thinking process behind signing Guehi?

We just need to start doing stuff. It made sense waiting until the international football finished, but that's done, and the time to start sorting the squad out is now. If we get to August and we've heard nothing, it's going to be a long season I feel.
This just isn’t us though is it? Everything seems to be very slow this break. I don’t recall any big signings other than Mbappe to Madrid which was done and dusted months ago.

Guehi would be great. I liked Konsa too.

Back
Top Bottom