• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool line up Gaetano D'Agostino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Liverpool have reportedly lined up Udinese playmaker Gaetano D'Agostino as a replacement for Xabi Alonso.

Numero uno: Udinese's Gaetano D'Agostino takes on Spurs' Aaron Lennon in a UEFA Cup clash last season

Reports in Spain suggest Alonso and Anfield team-mate Alvaro Arbeloa will complete moves to Real Madrid in the next few days, if not hours.

Udinese are prepared to sell either D'Agostino or Manchester United target Alexis Sanchez if bidding exceeds £17million.

Liverpool are losing the battle to hang on to 27-year-old midfielder Alonso, who is thought to be keen on a move to the Bernabeu.

They also face a raid from Barcelona for holding midfielder Javier Mascherano.

Rafael Benitez is happier to cash in on right-back Arbeloa - who has a year left on his current contract - following the signing of Glen Johnson from Portsmouth for £17m.

Juventus also want D'Agostino, who made his Italy debut against Northern Ireland last month, but have not been able to meet the asking price.

The 27-year-old is keen to move to Juve, but Udinese president Giampaolo Pozzo has become exasperated by negotiations.

Pozzo told Sky Italia: 'The deal must be resolved one way or another. If it isn’t completed by July 6 then it is destined to collapse.

'In my opinion, Juve have underestimated the value of the player. They don’t think he is the champion he actually is, and we’ll prove them wrong next season. He is worth all the money we are demanding.'

Aquilani?

I think Oncey would jizz his pants if we got him.

He also signed an extension a while back and I think it's fair to say he's a Roma player fo' life

If we're going to spunk 17m on a passing midfielder from Serie A I'd rather go for the 30 year old Pirlo. He might be getting on but he's technically brilliant, has never relied on pace, and we'd get at least 4 excellent years out of him.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=34507.msg898987#msg898987 date=1246561106]
Aquilani?

I think Oncey would jizz his pants if we got him.

He also signed an extension a while back and I think it's fair to say he's a Roma player fo' life
[/quote]I truly would.

[quote author=thelurker link=topic=34507.msg899079#msg899079 date=1246572934]
The Times linking us with Hamsik now.

Few people here rate him, but I have never seen him...
[/quote]

From the little I've seen of him (against Norn Iron) he's very good.

Everyones wet dream transfer link for the summer is coming true :-[

*Waits for Daily Mails 'Liverpool want Santi Cazorla' story to run.

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=34507.msg899092#msg899092 date=1246573846]
Everyones wet dream transfer link for the summer is coming true :-[

*Waits for Daily Mails 'Liverpool want Santi Cazorla' story to run.
[/quote]

Please God no.

[quote author=thelurker link=topic=34507.msg899079#msg899079 date=1246572934]
The Times linking us with Hamsik now. [/quote]

**happy face**

From Today's Repubblica:

Ora, Gaetano D'Agostino, diventa una pedina importante anche del mercato internazionale. Tutto ruota intorno al 'cannibalismo' del Real Madrid, che dopo aver conferito potenzialità stratosferiche al settore offensivo (ultimo nel mirino è David Silva, 25 mln offerti al Valencia), cerca di dare equilibrio alla squadra. Per dare ordine alla mediana piace Xabi Alonso: secondo il quotidiano spagnolo "As", il Liverpool sarebbe rassegnato a perdere il centrocampista spagnolo, e già si starebbe muovendo per cercare il sostituto. Obbiettivo numero uno, proprio Gaetano D'Agostino, individuato personalmente da Rafa Benitez.

It basically says that according to AS (Sapnish newspapaer) Liverpool are resigned to losing Alonso and that Benitez "has personally identified" D'Agostini as his replacement.

http://www.repubblica.it/2009/05/sp...italia/mercato-2-luglio/mercato-2-luglio.html

For some reason, I'm inclined to believe this rumour. Not sure why.

On a brighter note, he was apparently 're-invented' last season as a deep-lying playmaker, and performed admirably. That presumably is why he only has one cap for Italy, which he earned on the strength of this season's performances.

This smacks of Dossena all over again in that he's a mid-20's that is just starting to make a name for himself and break into the Italian squad.

Fuck this guy. I don't ever want take a punt on a player from Serie A again, much less from Udinese.

If we're going to be signing one of them (an Italian late bloomer), I'd much rather go with Palombo. At least he's good on FM09 (amazing even)!

[quote author=koze link=topic=34507.msg899254#msg899254 date=1246610412]
Melo would be good.
[/quote]

I think he signed a new contract the other day mate.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34507.msg899247#msg899247 date=1246609496]
If we're going to be signing one of them (an Italian late bloomer), I'd much rather go with Palombo. At least he's good on FM09 (amazing even)!
[/quote]

SOMEBODY CALL RAFA!

Where is Glock when you need him. I'm sorry, okay?

Get onto your man Rafa and tell him to sign Palombo.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34507.msg899300#msg899300 date=1246614016]
Where is Glock when you need him. I'm sorry, okay?

Get onto your man Rafa and tell him to sign Palombo.
[/quote]

I would have though that if (ha) Glock ever did manage to get through to Rafa, it'd be a very short call.

Juventus have failed in their efforts to sign Udinese's Gaetano D'Agonstino after being unable to agree a fee.

Only last month Udinese revealed two bids had been tabled for the playmaker, who made his Italy debut in the recent friendly victory over Northern Ireland.

One of the offers was from an 'important' Italian club, who are now believed to be Juve, although the Old Lady have been unable to reach an accord.

Udinese have revealed Juventus' negotiatons are well and truly over, however, it remains to be seen whether the reputed interest from a Premier League side - believed to be Liverpool - remain in the running.

"The negotiations are definitely over," Udinese owner Gianpaolo Pozzo told Italy's Sky television.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=34507.msg904340#msg904340 date=1247340132]
from soccernet.com:

Serie A side Udinese have confirmed that Real Madrid are interested in signing Italian midfielder Gaetano D'Agostino.
[/quote]

Have you seen the fee quoted?? €20.5m

[quote author=Mr_V link=topic=34507.msg904353#msg904353 date=1247341432]
from soccernet.com:

Serie A side Udinese have confirmed that Real Madrid are interested in signing Italian midfielder Gaetano D'Agostino.
[/quote]

[/quote]

they can have him for that ... 🙂

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=34507.msg904354#msg904354 date=1247341464]
[quote author=Mr_V link=topic=34507.msg904353#msg904353 date=1247341432]
from soccernet.com:

[/quote]

[/quote]

they can have him for that ... 🙂
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom