• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp vs Slot

Who would win?

• Slot's team

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Klopp's team

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

bluebell

Well-Known
We have more or less have the same players as last season.
So if we could clone the players so Klopp and Slot would have exactly the same, they play a sequence of 10 games, who wins the most games in your opion?

Early days, but I don't believe Slot's team would have came back from 0-3 down to beat Barcelona at Anfield.

Slot could ultimately prove to be a stable hand, and potentially be even more successful than Klopp, but I don't think he would be able to top the magical nights we have had with Klopp.

Another reason the comparison doesn’t work is that Slot is literally building on the foundations of Klopp’s team. This is like comparing an interior designer to an architect. Slot is doing a great job making the place sparkle, but let’s not forget it was a barren wasteland before Klopp came in.

While I'm getting involved in this debate by typing this message it's a total nonsense. I know it's been about ten years but try to think back to the squad Brenton left and compare it to the squad Slot picked up.

I love what shankly did in even more difficult circumstances, but the debate isn't klopp v slot, it's klopp v shankly. They're the two best managers we've ever had because they grabbed a team on its arse, changed the entire philosophy of the club, won the fucking league and then gave a great club to someone that we all hope will take this embarrassment of riches to another level.

If Slot is Klopp's paisley then let's talk about who is best. Paisley won six league titles in nine years with the infrastructure Shankly gave him. Three European cups. Probably the best return in world football ever... but the jury is still out on who was the best manager because Paisley was standing on the shoulders of a giant. They clearly had different complimentary qualities.

So in five or six years we might be having the klopp v slot debate, and I hope we are. In the meantime, win three European cups, not three league games against utter dross like Man United.

Another reason the comparison doesn’t work is that Slot is literally building on the foundations of Klopp’s team. This is like comparing an interior designer to an architect. Slot is doing a great job making the place sparkle, but let’s not forget it was a barren wasteland before Klopp came in.
It's Klopp's team except for the Italian with the above average-looking wife.

I admire Slot for taking on the job. The pressure to work when everything you do is going to be compared to Klopp - from the players who must be thinking 'who's this guy'?,to the entire media waiting for him to lose a game when inevitably they'll say 'he's no Jurgen Klopp'; to a post icon fanbase worried and resentful about the loss of a loved one.

Of course comparisons are way too early but we're already talked about as 'title contenders' (again way too early) but an awesome start.

In a Klopp's team vs Slot's team it'd be a draw as they are one and the same at present.

While I'm getting involved in this debate by typing this message it's a total nonsense. I know it's been about ten years but try to think back to the squad Brenton left and compare it to the squad Slot picked up.

I love what shankly did in even more difficult circumstances, but the debate isn't klopp v slot, it's klopp v shankly. They're the two best managers we've ever had because they grabbed a team on its arse, changed the entire philosophy of the club, won the fucking league and then gave a great club to someone that we all hope will take this embarrassment of riches to another level.

If Slot is Klopp's paisley then let's talk about who is best. Paisley won six league titles in nine years with the infrastructure Shankly gave him. Three European cups. Probably the best return in world football ever... but the jury is still out on who was the best manager because Paisley was standing on the shoulders of a giant. They clearly had different complimentary qualities.

So in five or six years we might be having the klopp v slot debate, and I hope we are. In the meantime, win three European cups, not three league games against utter dross like Man United.

/close thread

We are talking about systems, formation and choosing an 11 out of the 22. Yes, Its only 3 games in but we are seeing divergent style from Slot. Slot plays from the back, has far less XG but also concedes far less XG where as with Klopp its the reverse. Klopp likes to play with a traditional 6 where as Slot's is more of a hybrid.

So in Klopp's 11 you might have Salah, Nunez and Diaz or Jota on the LW and Endo in the middle and play a high line with rapid attacks. While with Slot, it will be more compact with more accurate short passing. We know he prefers Diaz, Jota and Salah upfront Grav as that #6 hybrid
Klopp's 11 will probably focus on forcing mistakes when Slot's team try to pass from the back and Slot's team will probably try to exploit the highline Klopp plays as well knowing Klopp's rightside is suspect.
I imagine over 10 games some Klopp will win and some Slot, but will it fine margins and errors that's the decider between the 2 systems over 10 games?
With young fast players, I believe Klopp would beat Slot's system and over 10 games it might be 7-3 in Klopp's favour. With the players much older, and conserving energy is a priority, Slot may shade it and win 6-4

Back
Top Bottom