• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

It's Back! - First games of the season (8/8/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs are their own worst enemy as usual, Utd have all the luck in the World.
Nothing has changed.

Spurs have just collapsed aswell.

oh do fuck off

Howard Webb talking us through an offside decision or two when there's a still image and a line drawn across the pitch

Kane, unfortunately, isn't gonna be a one season wonder.

He'll end up at United before long and do very well. £45M will be a smart investment. They'll remember missing out on Shearer and throw the money down. He's young, shits goals and looks set to be among the Premier League top scorers for a long time. Shame really, I actually like him.

He'll end up at United before long and do very well. £45M will be a smart investment. They'll remember missing out on Shearer and throw the money down. He's young, shits goals and looks set to be among the Premier League top scorers for a long time. Shame really, I actually like him.
Agreed. He's got a lot to his game, so much so that you can't see him being 'figured out' & easily negated in a match.

It's also hard not to imagine him being much more effective with better players around him.

Kane doesnt shit goals though and he's had one great season.
Will be a very good player but far to early to compare him to any of the other top English strikers

I don't think you can predict future Utd players like you could under Ferguson. This thing of them hoovering up all the best young English players was basically his doing.

Their strategy will likely be much more diverse from now on.

That's actually a good point Peter. Hopefully Van Gaal will spunk it all on a star name in their 30s or something instead.

That's actually a good point Peter. Hopefully Van Gaal will spunk it all on a star name in their 30s or something instead.

I was talking to mr moo the other day about how all these Utd signings don't *feel* like Utd players.

You know cos clubs tend to have certain players that suit them.

I think he thought I was nuts.

I'm not sure Spurs have got their tactics right for this. They've got to Old Trafford and tried to dominate the match through possession, but their players have frequently given it away and their movement hasn't been smart enough. There's mistakes in the United defence, but they haven't pressed them hard enough. Whether it's a lack of fitness or lack of desire I don't know, but they've played like a beaten side since the goal. United have had this very easy. However despite having plenty of possession they're failing to create many clear cut chances and given their strengths in their squad is supposedly their attack, I reckon that's encouraging sign. There's was little link up between Depay and Rooney so they could be a failed experiment by LVG. In contrast their defence has been well sheilded by Carrick and Schneiderlin. They look more solid than I'd have hoped.

Pigclimber is fucking running this show.

Whether he'd be able to against a team who actually pressed & pressured them I don't know, Spurs are just standing off their midfield.

Pigclimber is fucking running this show.

Whether he'd be able to against a team who actually pressed & pressured them I don't know, Spurs are just standing off their midfield.

He's going to get sent off throughout the season. He's a dirty player and has no pace over the first 5 yards. Smart players will be able to send him to the stands.

Pigclimber is a very good player. Its his fitness thats the main issue.

Shouldnt Young get a 3 game ban with the new rules then? Looked a dive that.

Good post that squiggles (didn't want to quote cos it's quite long), agree about the Utd defence, I've watched them a few times & been amazed how solid & organised they have been in the main, even more so when compared to ours.

They seem to have been drilled enough to know where each other will be when the ball is coming in, contrasting it to our defenders practically jumping into each other or both watching each other as it flies between them is quite sad.

CL48MUXWEAAihvz.jpg

If Kane gets injured Spurs are fucked. Have they even got another striker.

Moss is awful btw.

Utd are a bit lucky here even though Spurs have been toothless.
Schneiderlin gives them great protection but Romero looks well dodgy.

Surely Utd will buy again. Did the job today but they look pretty weak compared to the other top 4 teams, and probably us too.

Man United won while hitting just 1 shot on target for the first time since August 2011 at West Brom.
CL5CNECWcAAjhMn.png

Morgan Schneiderlin led the #MUFC midfield with 77 touches, 54 passes and 12 defensive actions
CL5D69cWoAAEFSR.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom