• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

For @moron’s eyes only

Thanks @rurikbird - lots of love to you for posting that ( but I am not gay )- what a performance by my man Curtis yesterday - I expect more of the same at the Emirates next week. I really hope the child in his life brings him enough luck so that he can prove to the world he is one of the best midfield talents in world football. I know he is - I just want the rest of the world to know he is.

Oh - big-up to @Brizzle - I think who predicted he was going to score.

Goes without saying, but Jones needs to keep fit. Jones can put pressure on Szobo's place even if that means Mac Allister shifting across. It's more nuanced, but in simple terms there will be loads of games when we need Jones technical ability over Szobo's running and work-rate.

Jones was excellent in the cup game against West Ham and he did a lot of the things he did well in that game again. Taking the ball on the half-turn repeatedly in a very competitive midfield and then looking to do something positive. I was flabbergasted he got hooked instead of Slobby, who wasn't really doing a hell of a lot to justify staying on.

I had a bet on him to score and Konate to get booked and us to draw for big odds and glad I didn't pick up the £350 on the day.

Jones was excellent in the cup game against West Ham and he did a lot of the things he did well in that game again. Taking the ball on the half-turn repeatedly in a very competitive midfield and then looking to do something positive. I was flabbergasted he got hooked instead of Slobby, who wasn't really doing a hell of a lot to justify staying on.

I had a bet on him to score and Konate to get booked and us to draw for big odds and glad I didn't pick up the £350 on the day.
the reason Slobby is played and is not likely to get hooked in most games - is because despite is lack of actual game changing moments - he provides the energy and running cover that the midfield is clearly lacking in our other midfielders. Although I understand everyone's frustrations with him I can also see why the manager plays him regularly and is reluctant to take him off. I think Jones spent most of his energy by the time he was taken off yesterday being the most combative midfielder in yesterdays game.

Very good performance from Curtis and deserved motm, but a very good performance is all it will be if we’re waiting 3 months for the next star showing.

I had Jones to score, Konate booking and Jota 2+ fouls…Jota’s injury cost me a fortune!!!

Very good performance from Curtis and deserved motm, but a very good performance is all it will be if we’re waiting 3 months for the next star showing.
He has been injured and only played 3 games. He has been MOM in two of those 3.

He has been injured and only played 3 games. He has been MOM in two of those 3.
We’ll need to get Momo to confirm or deny.

If you’re referring to the cup game against West Ham, then on the 2nd half alone it’s valid to say but yesterday he showed up from minute 1 to the time he was subbed out and this is what we need more of from all the midfielders.

"Keeping up with the Jones" is a title thread that me thinks saw somewhere here.

ps WTF was he doing for that failed penalty? Why did he not touch the f. ball? The most f. ridiculous failed penalty attempt I ever saw. It would be hard to conceive a more ridiculous one.

pps Shit like that not happen in Italy. In Italy there is a super strong knowledge about how to act in a near-penalty situation. If Liverpool let Curtis Jones go I think no Italian clubs come after him. Chiesa and Szoboszlai are I think different matters. I think some Italian clubs watch very carefully what happen w Szoboszlai and Chiesa. And yeah, less so with Chiesa than with Szoboszlai.

We’ll need to get Momo to confirm or deny.

If you’re referring to the cup game against West Ham, then on the 2nd half alone it’s valid to say but yesterday he showed up from minute 1 to the time he was subbed out and this is what we need more of from all the midfielders.
He came third against West Ham. It’s too early to collate the inevitable Chelsea points.

"Keeping up with the Jones" is a title thread that me thinks saw somewhere here.

ps WTF was he doing for that failed penalty? Why did he not touch the f. ball? The most f. ridiculous failed penalty attempt I ever saw. It would be hard to conceive a more ridiculous one.

pps Shit like that not happen in Italy. In Italy there is a super strong knowledge about how to act in a near-penalty situation. If Liverpool let Curtis Jones go I think no Italian clubs come after him. Chiesa and Szoboszlai are I think different matters. I think some Italian clubs watch very carefully what happen w Szoboszlai and Chiesa
Your boy Chiesa has to show he is not some cripple first, let him get past that first.

3.jpg

Your boy Chiesa has to show he is not some cripple first, let him get past that first.
Sure. But that would then also surely be the club's fault. He was very carefully evaluated. Passed the medical and all. In any case, the way it's been going I don't think he'll anyhow get much of a chance.

It’s times like these that I feel for the buggering the frog community took over the last few days.

I am so happy at what Jones did, do you all think Slot will give him a start this Wednesday ? I cant wait to see him.play again, I just love that moment where he beats those three players, so good to watch .. so so good.

I am so happy at what Jones did, do you all think Slot will give him a start this Wednesday ? I cant wait to see him.play again, I just love that moment where he beats those three players, so good to watch .. so so good.

frog sleeping GIF

He came third against West Ham. It’s too early to collate the inevitable Chelsea points.
I just looked at the voting in that and was flabbergasted. I thought he was head and shoulders the player of the game. Neglected to vote myself though.

I just looked at the voting in that and was flabbergasted. I thought he was head and shoulders the player of the game. Neglected to vote myself though.
My recollection of the game was he was poor until he got the goal and then relaxed more and improved.

Back
Top Bottom