• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2024 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
England were woeful. So negative. Southgate is soo lucky that he’s manager with the talent that he has available.

I feel sorry for the people running the pubs. I went to two. One was half empty and the second one had more staff than customers. English fans just can’t be bothered going out to watch such a negative football team.

If Klopp was England manager, both pubs would have been rammed as he sets outs his teams to play attacking adventurous football

England wont beat Switzerland.
They might. After 4 abysmal performances surely that Yellow Spineless Twat has to see what has been in front of his eyes since the first 45 mins in the tournament. No width on the left (Foden AWOL time and time again) and Trippier should be confined to barracks.

They just might find a performance.

They might. After 4 abysmal performances surely that Yellow Spineless Twat has to see what has been in front of his eyes since the first 45 mins in the tournament. No width on the left (Foden AWOL time and time again) and Trippier should be confined to barracks.

They just might find a performance.
You know I want to believe you, but he has played the same players against lesser teams (IMO) than the Swiss team, so you really think he is going to change ? - I doubt it very much, he is going to persist with Foden - what gets to me is that he could see Foden not getting into the game, yet when Trent was showing little involvement he couldn't fucking wait to drop him. Playing with Foden in a Southgate system is like playing with 10 men.

He’ll start the exact same team. Cause he’s a cunt.

I’d go:

Pickcunt
Trent Stones Konsa Gomez
Wharton Rice
Palmer Bellingham Gordon
Kane

He’ll start the exact same team. Cause he’s a cunt.

I’d go:

Pickcunt
Trent Stones Konsa Gomez
Wharton Rice
Palmer Bellingham Gordon
Kane
I love that setup - it works for me, and I think its the right one. It is very much Southgate proof, and by that I mean - there is an instinct on the right and left wings with both Palmer and Gordon and a willingness from Jude in the middle to not pass back or keep going sideways for long periods in the game. Although I would love to see Gomez at the back - I still want Walker for his experience - and he can I think do the job at LB, which will allow Trent to play his usual RB role with a bit of inverting.

A2-A5-AFF0-20-B1-4-C37-8-C22-00-F3508-B7-F18-COLLAGE.jpg
Cole Palmer reminds me of someone. It's been bugging me for ages. I worked it out tonight....
Doofus Rick.

England were woeful. So negative. Southgate is soo lucky that he’s manager with the talent that he has available.

I feel sorry for the people running the pubs. I went to two. One was half empty and the second one had more staff than customers. English fans just can’t be bothered going out to watch such a negative football team.

If Klopp was England manager, both pubs would have been rammed as he sets outs his teams to play attacking adventurous football

I would have thought getting blind in a pub is the best place to watch England.

From a clip of Bellingham, he writes the scripts himself apparently.

So he'll have it as a dramatic England win.

He became unlikely very quickly.

Bellingham comes across as a massive dick. From forcing tears to making it all about him. Awful.

Bellingham is coming across as a right prick this tournament
I can't stand him anymore, I hate the way he keeps going up to the crowd and telling them to cheer the team on, or the way he goes up to the Real Madrid fans and puts his arms aloft like he is Christ the Saviour. Does my head in - you can tell he is engulfed in his how hype now.
That said - am so glad England are through - because it means the party continues and we get to see what they are really made of against an organised team like the Swiss.

------------Dilong
Trent Stones Konsa Gomez
-------Bellingham Rice
--Palmer Foden Gordon
------------Kane

Can revert to a back three with Trent adding to midfield. Bellingham better as an 8 than a 10. Rice stays deeper as DM.

------------Dilong
Trent Stones Konsa Gomez
-------Bellingham Rice
--Palmer Foden Gordon
------------Kane

Can revert to a back three with Trent adding to midfield. Bellingham better as an 8 than a 10. Rice stays deeper as DM.
There is no version of a Southgate world where his England team does not have Kyle Walker in it.

Watching England was the usual rollercoaster. From the vantage point of TV there seemed to be little movement hence much of the play was side to side. I saw various players at times with their arms outstretched as if to say 'I don't have a passing option'.

I was surprised by the lack of impact of Saka and Foden neither really got into the game for me; I wasn't surprised by the schizophrenic Stones who never fails to irritate me.

I thought things improved with the introduction of Palmer and the later introduction of Toney. A fairly flat performance, I guess it's better to be lucky than good?

Bellingham is unbearable at 20, imagine what he would be like when older. He is all over the place and no longer wants to be just no 8 it seems.

Reactions: jan
Bellingham is unbearable at 20, imagine what he would be like when older. He is all over the place and no longer wants to be just no 8 it seems.
I was thinking this, and wondering what will happen next year when Mbappe arrives. They will either become the unbearable brothers, or Jude will feel his noise pushed out of joint by a bigger star with a bigger ego, and might just sort his shit out.
Be nice if one or more senior pros in the England or Madrid set-up had a word, but I'm not sure who would do that.
Because right now, I find it hard to admire him as a player as he's such an insufferable arse.
I wonder if this is how non-LFC fans felt about Gerrard (although Stevie's ego never reached these levels, he just had a cocksure arrogance about him that matched his talent).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom