• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Crystal Palace (A) - Sat October 5th 12:30

One of our most wasteful games in a long time and Ali dead.

Our attackers still don’t have the intensity we need from them. Jota should have the match ball. Shockingly poor.

Szobo replacing Macca and CP switching to 4-4-2 changed the momentum but we still had chances. Seems a bit last season in that respect, missing loads

One of our most wasteful games in a long time and Ali dead.

Our attackers still don’t have the intensity we need from them. Jota should have the match ball. Shockingly poor.
Thing about Jota is you can trust him defensively and scrapping for headers and freekicks.

Nunez you can't trust away from home defensively, nor does he give us any hold up play.

we’re starting to walk the line where the poor performances might begin cost us

but international break, a win and top of the league

hopefully plenty of time for kelleher and even alisson to return

Ali looked like a hamstring more than anything severe, but it's very frustrating with the upcoming fixtures. We didn't do enough in the second half. Ali had to do far too much, but the records will show another clean sheet.

Gakpo, Tsimikas and Jones all did themselves no harm today.

Ali looked like a hamstring more than anything severe, but it's very frustrating with the upcoming fixtures. We didn't do enough in the second half. Ali had to do far too much, but the records will show another clean sheet.

Gakpo, Tsimikas and Jones all did themselves no harm today.
The last player I would expect to pull a hamstring will be the keeper though. The ref probably runs more than him.

We're pretty boring to watch now but you're willing to let that slide if the wins keep coming, and they are.

All the new guys that came in the side, Jaros included, all did well.

Only negative was Ali picking up a hammy....hopefully not too bad and he'll be back after/not long after the break.

I think this is a good international break. Hopefully some don't go.

We look quite jaded and we aren't even really in the thick of it completely, and we've had such an easy run of fixtures. We need to go up some gears in attack.

fucking stressful end to what should have been a canter. wasteful again in the first half and panic stations at the end

Yep, they did well.

Don’t think it’s so surprising that the players that haven’t played as much looking fresher.

Want to see more of the Jones, Gravvy and Macca midfield.

Absolutely still believe jones should start the next game ahead of szob. Macca and gravy work well as the double, and jones is better as a 10 that szob. At the very least creatively he is looking for the killer pass

All must fall when Elliott returns however. The golden child should just saunter in

Szobo replacing Macca and CP switching to 4-4-2 changed the momentum but we still had chances. Seems a bit last season in that respect, missing loads
And Hughes coming into midfield. Far more aggressive. They also pushed another into midfield for the last 10-15 mins making it more difficult to get out.

Did we look jaded? Thought we finished the game strongly after their inviteable effort to get a goal.
I didn't think we looked jaded but this style of play can be a bit boring to watch at times. Not that I'm complaining with 9 wins from 10 matches !

Great result all things considered.

Ali injured is a disaster. I did wonder why we rushed him back. Fucking idiots.
And Macca had ice on his quad.

Jones should be starting on today’s showing and Gakpo is unlucky not to be, he was superb today.

VVD was sublime, Kostas and Jota very good (missed chances and not releasing Diaz early aside).

Honourable mention for Jaros, I doubt waking up this morning he thought he’d be on the bench nevermind making his first appearance for Liverpool in 7 years at the club. In the league no less, while making a telling interception, a punch, a save, multiple clearances and a clean sheet to take us 4 pts clear.

Hooray!!

I love the early kick off when we win.

We can comfortably sit back and enjoy the bad results whether it be City, Arsenal, Utd or Everton.

Free rolling!

I didn't think we looked jaded but this style of play can be a bit boring to watch at times. Not that I'm complaining with 9 wins from 10 matches !
See i think boring football but controlled football is what the goal is. That isn't what we're seeing though for 90 minutes. We're seeing slow starts (another game with an offside goal within the first 10), then controlled exciting spell, then we lose the wheel and struggle. By the 80th we usually wrestle just enough control, but still sloppy play. Prime example today; we have a throw in in the 90th by their corner flag.....so keep it in the corner? No, we throw it to jota, who loses the ball and then they get a quick counter.

I don't think we're boring to watch; i think we're just haphazard for decent spells in the game. I wish we were controlled and boring

Jones was shit.

In the first half he looked ok as did all of our players. As the commentary team pointed out several times, Palace played with no intensity and our midfield had all the space in the world……even I would have looked ok against Palace’s midfield

When Palace brought on Hughes and Mateta the game changed. They took off Wharton and the commentary team even mentioned that he had been playing with a groin injury…..he hobbled off like an old man. The Palace manager should be fired for risking him in the first place.

After the substitutions Palace played WITH intensity and Curtis Jones became the invisible man! He was the worst player on the pitch for the last 30 minutes because Palace players went past him with ease. Look at the Eze chance which Allison saved, it started with Hughes beating Jones too easily and then Jones making a half-hearted effort to tackle back.

Endo did more in 6 or 7 minutes than Jones did in the 40+ minutes he played in the 2nd half.

It’s typical Jones, he’s ok as a squad player against weaker opposition but he will never be a regular starter because he’s not good enough.

Back
Top Bottom