• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions League Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantes

Very Well-Known
[article]
[bcolor=transparent]Dejan Lovren: Liverpool defender shouted at team-mates to 'wake up' at half-time[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren says he found himself shouting at his team-mates to "wake up" as they trailed Manchester City 1-0 in the Champions League quarter-final second leg.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent] [/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Liverpool responded to win 2-1 at Etihad Stadium and 5-1 on aggregate. But Lovren, who hopes to avoid Real Madrid in the last four, says it fell to him to remind the Reds at half-time there was a semi-final place at stake. "To be honest I was shouting a bit at half-time," said the 28-year-old. "I told the lads to wake up because it was not good enough and I said we were sitting too deep. "I needed to remind the guys that we had 50 minutes to be in the semi-finals of the Champions League and we needed to give more."[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]The Bosnia international insisted his input was "all positive, nothing negative" and says manager Jurgen Klopp agreed. "Of course Klopp said 'yes, you are sitting too deep because you are not pushing up'," added Lovren. "He wanted me and Virg (Virgil van Dijk) to be more compact and push the team up, but it was quite difficult to push up when City had the ball."[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]Real Madrid and Bayern Munich lead their respective quarter-final ties against Juventus and Sevilla after the first legs, and are expected to join Liverpool and Roma in the semi-finals. "From a personal point of view I don't want Real Madrid in the semi-finals," said Lovren. "They have a lot of experience in the Champions League, a lot of records and over the past three seasons it is always them. "But whoever we get will find it difficult to come to Anfield and score some goals. "People talked from the beginning about Manchester City being favourites and they were favourites, but I think after this there should be more respect for Liverpool."
[/article]
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent][bcolor=transparent]
I just don't get this motherfuckers problem. This now works one of two ways, he's either jinxed the fuck out of them and Juventus pull off the comeback. Or, as I suspect, he's fucked us yet again, we'll draw Real on the back of some record 9-0 aggregate win, and we'll duly roll over in the semis by way of an unforgettable Dejan Lovren disasterclass. I'm done. His daughter's life now depends upon which outcome comes to pass and that's it.​
[/bcolor]
[/bcolor]

I cant see anything wrong with what he has said there Edmond.
He was obviously asked who he wanted in the semi finals.

Seems a legit quote to me.

I cant see anything wrong with what he has said there Edmond.
He was obviously asked who he wanted in the semi finals.

Seems a legit quote to me.

Firstly, he doesn't even have the grace to wait and see if Juventus can make it into the draw. Secondly, he's indicated to the remaining teams we might draw that he thinks they're shit compared to Real. Thirdly, he's indicated to his own team that we're also shit compared to Real, having just gloated about berating them all in the dressing room for playing shit. Fourthly, he's demoted Klopp to some irrelevant yes man who silently nods his head to the real man who stood up and dragged us into the semis, which is himself. Apart from those four things, I agree with you.

Firstly, he doesn't even have the grace to wait and see if Juventus can make it into the draw. Secondly, he's indicated to the remaining teams we might draw that he thinks they're shit compared to Real. Thirdly, he's indicated to his own team that we're also shit compared to Real, having just gloated about berating them all in the dressing room for playing shit. Fourthly, he's demoted Klopp to some irrelevant yes man who silently nods his head to the real man who stood up and dragged us into the semis, which is himself. Apart from those four things, I agree with you.

You're a very strange bloke.

I wrote to Peter Moore last week, asking him to put a stop to this numbnut from giving interviews. The letter obviously hasn't arrived yet.

The key to playing Sevilla next time is simply to not field Moreno. Additionally Van Dijk wasn't around for our 2 recent matches against them, and if the group games were a knockout match, we'd have gone through on away goals anyway.

Bosnia had a good night in the CL last night, between Dzeko and our real manager, Buvac, if you believe Balague anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom