• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian of Nazareth could negotiate better than these clowns. Southampton should just tell us there's a 50 million buyout clause as they are the only deals we seem capable of this summer.

The thing is we don't even need to make negotiations this hard for ourselves, we do it as we think we can just assert our authority on these smallers club into agreeing everything we lay out to them.

You can just imagine our stance and tactic when it comes to negotiating. Strolls into Jason's office Vince Mcmahon style "We want you to sell ABC for what we want to pay for him because that's what we think he's worth"

& we make it doubly harder for ourselves going into these talks knowing full well they're gonna be overvalued by their clubs in the first place. Stupid wankers.

Southampton are a club we've had to apologise to for our misconduct after concluding the Virgil deal because we were being a bunch of cunts and now we think they're gonna bend over and feather stick our arses?

The same shit happened with Lallana, Lovren and Van Dijk when buying from Southampton. We put a low bid in, they told us to do one, we upped the price incrementally until we reached the fee that Southampton had asked for in the first place (or very close to it). No one falls for our penny pinching act anymore and why should they? Either someone else pays them what they want, they keep the player or we end up giving them the asked for fee but delay having the player integrate into the squad earlier.

The same shit happened with Lallana, Lovren and Van Dijk when buying from Southampton. We put a low bid in, they told us to do one, we upped the price incrementally until we reached the fee that Southampton had asked for in the first place (or very close to it). No one falls for our penny pinching act anymore and why should they? Either someone else pays them what they want, they keep the player or we end up giving them the asked for fee but delay having the player integrate into the squad earlier.

Exactly, we clearly haven't got it through our pregnant heads yet that if you show interest in another player....you have to play ball because the selling clubs are the ones who will dictate the terms....they will present to us (as the buying party) what terms they're willing to accept.

& whether we even wanted Lavia THAT much or not is irrelevant, weeks have been wasted on this and we've got absolutely fucking nowhere + we look like a right dickhead.

If we keep fanny flapping around for the next 3 weeks like this, guess what will happen? We'll end up with fucking no one, an 8th place finish, no trophies and in search OF A NEW FUCKING MANAGER because these cunts who are never around the club to see what's happening will have driven Klopp out.

Player transfer fees have almost doubled or gone up 2.5 times this summer for various reasons - main being the Saudi inflation. We are still sticking to the original valuations. Based on the transfer fees this summer, 50 million is actually not that bad of a value for a young homegrown midfielder who has a lot of upside and will be on relatively low wages compared to established players.

Precisely. We KNOW what they want. If we don't even want to make a bid in the ball park, why even bother bidding - twice - and telling the whole world about it?
Just move on to the 100 other cheaper targets we can afford in the Conference League.

No one's saying that he's worth 50m or that we should pay that for him but expecting Southampton to lower the asking price because we need all available funds to try and compete with other wealthier clubs is unrealistic and not their problem. Either buy him or move on to another player.
Sometimes it can appear these protracted transfers of ours are designed to drag on all summer so that when they ultimately fail we can claim that there wasn't enough time left to get anyone else in. Look how long the Bellingham farce went on for and the club were quite happy to see us constantly linked with him even though we must have known we'd never stump up the expected fee.

Also, we have put ourselves in such a desperate situation that if I was the owner, DOF of a club and LFC approached me for a DM, I would immediately add 20 million to the value. It would be incompetent not to. You cant back yourself into a corner like this and then send out feelers that there is no value.

We also just received 40 million for a player whose legs have gone for all practical purpose and was stuck on a high wage contract for years. We shouldn't be complaining about value for money.

I find it hard to believe that the hold up is over a difference of ~5M. If he is our main target - and given all the coverage we have to assume he is - it simply doesn't stack up, penny pinchers or not.

The general desperation and concern in the air says a lot of about the state of trust between the club and the fans right now. A real shame given where things were not so long ago.

Maybe we should have tempted Southamptons Sporting director to sign for us at the end of last season and then....... Taps nose.

Also, we have put ourselves in such a desperate situation that if I was the owner, DOF of a club and LFC approached me for a DM, I would immediately add 20 million to the value. It would be incompetent not to. You cant back yourself into a corner like this and then send out feelers that there is no value.

In England, of course you take advantage.....maybe not quite to the extreme you wanna describe but notwithstanding.

However.....I do wonder exactly how well informed clubs in Europe for example or how much attention they pay to these things. Will a PSV or Lyon or Juve or Leverkusen etc know we've been desperate and haggling with Soton over Lavia for the past 10 days?

I find it hard to believe that the hold up is over a difference of ~5M. If he is our main target - and given all the coverage we have to assume he is - it simply doesn't stack up, penny pinchers or not.

The general desperation and concern in the air says a lot of about the state of trust between the club and the fans right now. A real shame given where things were not so long ago.

A lot of things we do nowadays don't stack up. I don't think we had a club doctor for 4 months of last season. In a couple of months, it will be close to 1 year since Ward announced his departure plans and we still don't have a permanent sporting director. Lackadaisical is the word I would use to describe our overall approach.

In England, of course you take advantage.....maybe not quite to the extreme you wanna describe but notwithstanding.

However.....I do wonder exactly how well informed clubs in Europe for example or how much attention they pay to these things. Will a PSV or Lyon or Juve or Leverkusen etc know we've been desperate and haggling with Soton over Lavia for the past 10 days?

They do have internet and access to newspapers in France, Netherlands, Italy or Germany 😉

They do have internet and access to newspapers in France, Netherlands, Italy or Germany 😉

Yeah no I get that but it's like here in the UK, other than Bayern tracking Kane (primarily because it's an English player at an English club) we wouldn't hear about any news from those clubs if they were trying to sign other players outside the Prem....unless we actively tried to find something about it online.

I really doubt the headlines of Corrello or Bild are reporting "Liverpool in search for DM after failed talks over Lavia", they'd cover their own national news wouldn't they?

Yeah no I get that but it's like here in the UK, other than Bayern tracking Kane (primarily because it's an English player at an English club) we wouldn't hear about any news from those clubs if they were trying to sign other players outside the Prem....unless we actively tried to find something about it online.

I really doubt the headlines of Corrello or Bild are reporting "Liverpool in search for DM after failed talks over Lavia", they'd cover their own national news wouldn't they?

Fairly confident the DOF and scouts of those clubs know that we are desperate for a DM.

Fairly confident the DOF and scouts of those clubs know that we are desperate for a DM.
Mmmh. Am not so convinced and even IF it were true, I don't think that would stop us getting some other top value alternative. It's reported Sangare has a £32m release clause....should be all over that. Ajax want £30-35m for Alvaraz, another 1.

Fluminense, how well informed would they be on our situation? Go get the Brazilian Masch.

Tyler Adams still at Leeds, why? Match Villa's £25m bid and he'll choose us.

You don't need to spend weeks negotiating these things, it should come instinctively.

Palhinha and Doucoure were both available last summer for £20m, after 1 successful season in the Prem their clubs are valuing them at £70m.......what are we doing???

Mmmh. Am not so convinced and even IF it were true, I don't think that would stop us getting some other top value alternative. It's reported Sangare has a £32m release clause....should be all over that. Ajax want £30-35m for Alvaraz, another 1.

Fluminense, how well informed would they be on our situation? Go get the Brazilian Masch.

Tyler Adams still at Leeds, why? Match Villa's £25m bid and he'll choose us.

You don't need to spend weeks negotiating these things, it should come instinctively.

Palhinha and Doucoure were both available last summer for £20m, after 1 successful season in the Prem their clubs are valuing them at £70m.......what are we doing???

I cannot comment on potential signings as my knowledge is very limited. But the more time we spend lowballing Southampton for Lavia, more I am convinced @StevieM was right that we dont have money for signings. If not for the Hendo and Fabinho sale, Szoboszlai and Mac Allister would have been the end of our summer transfers. I am not complaining. It is what it is.

Stevie is a top red though, we all know this. He doesn't actually believe half the things he says and likes to play devil's advocate.

If the owners weren't prepared to spend more than £50m net when we were in the CL and winning titles, it doesn't take a columbo to work out not in a million years would they do so when we're not.

We were at our lowest of lows under these fucking gimps & let's be honest if it wasn't for Klopp that's where we'd still be.

Personally, i feel like the europa conference is where all the cool kids hang out, so i'm braced for the next few years

Reactions: jan
Aren't you the one who hates half the players, and we're winning the league. I think we have a fair shot of winning the league if we get 1-2 MFs and a CB.

We have a delicate ecosystem built on the balance of hatred and love, optimism and pessimism all optimized over fifteen years of experience to maximize our chances of success. Don't disturb the force and jinx it.

Before the internet - unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom