• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Annual optimism poll

Prefix for Poll Threads

What will 24/25 bring for Liverpool FC

• Full on Quad (I can't help myself)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Champions and a Cup

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Top 3 and a cup

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Top 3 and deep into multiple cups

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Top 5 and KO rounds of Champions League

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • None of the above (in a bad way)

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
So the usual "How will we do this season" given we are just two weeks from the start of the season.

I know the answer from the Sluts and the Heroes will be full on Quad, but just for this thread what do you REALLY think!

I'm hoping for top three and cup.

But I think we could finish anywhere from 2nd to 6th.

Not that optimistic, lack of energy in Midfield is the biggest issue for me especially with more games this season. Happy to give Slot a go and hope to be wrong but currently a little more optimistic than that season when Hodge the podge took over after Rafa.

The Team is good. We should be challenging for CL. But other Teams have strengthened and we haven't so it's hard to judge until we see who/if we get anyone.

I think Slot’s gonna enter into the 1st half of the season all naive, unaware of the huge gulf in levels, get knocked out of the CL and struggle in the league. Then he’s gonna wise up and mount a Rocky style comeback in the 2nd half to finish 3rd.

I think Slot’s gonna enter into the 1st half of the season all naive, unaware of the huge gulf in levels, get knocked out of the CL and struggle in the league. Then he’s gonna wise up and mount a Rocky style comeback in the 2nd half to finish 3rd.
WHY didn't I make that an option :facepalm:

Every time I see these kinds of threads Im reminded of how Benny won us the CL in his first season.

How fucking amazing was that. Must be the biggest upset in LFC history.

Every time I see these kinds of threads Im reminded of how Benny won us the CL in his first season.

How fucking amazing was that. Must be the biggest upset in LFC history.
Only beat 2 or 3 of the best club sides on earth on the way as well.

Fucking WILD

Never got to the point I was trying to make...

Anyway...the point is, the sky is the limit.

Slot arguably has a better starting XI than Benitez, definitely a better squad, access to more funds.
Can't use the excuse that players arrived late from the Euros because Benitez started off without Gerrard, Carra, Owen, Baros and more because they were also in the Euros.
Owen leaves.
Didn't Cisse miss half the season because of a broken leg?

That said, if Slot really is the beez knees, he should at be able to get us a cup. A cup. Not the necessarily the cup!

Its too early to say. Personally I think we have a really good squad, but an average first 11.
GK Elite
LB injury prone (elite on his day)
CB Elite
CB shite
RB Good

DM shite
CM okay
CM okay

AM none
LM/W okay
CF cows arse/banjo
RM/W maybe past it? Regression is happening

The mark of a GREAT side is that you wouldnt want to replace any of them.
I think Ali aside id replace every other player in this team.

New manager, new system, desperate need of LB, DM, CB and (consistent) CF (and really an orthadox 10

A lot to learn in the next 20 days

* rubs eyes in disbelief *

At both poster and post !

* looks at the clock and wonders if Oncy now lives in Brazil (and if he robbed a train)*

Klopp football gave me anxiety, even though I love the man. The create chance and concede chance, regardless of how exciting it was, aged you.
Slott ball feels easier to watch, well that's been the experience so far. I want to see boring football after a 2-0 lead, killing the game by hogging the ball like the 80s

Back
Top Bottom