• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ancelotti and Mancini to the Premier League ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekay

Very Well-Known
Carlo Ancelotti has announced his contract at AC Milan has been terminated by mutual consent, and the Italian club have wasted no time by immediately installing Leonardo as his replacement.

The news clears the way for the Italian coach to be installed as Guus Hiddink's replacement at Chelsea.

Club vice-president Adriano Galliani confirmed former AC Milan and Brazil playmaker Leonardo, who has been working for the club as technical area activities manager, will be his successor.

Galliani said on Sunday evening: "Leonardo is our new coach and will be presented at the San Siro tomorrow at midday.''

It had been widely expected that Ancelotti would leave the San Siro at the end of the Serie A season. Milan claimed second spot on the final day of the season with a 2-0 win at Fiorentina.

The 49-year-old has been consistently linked with Chelsea, though he refused to confirm he had agreed to take over at Stamford Bridge.

He had another year on his contract but Milan's failure to mount a serious challenge to Inter Milan at the top of Serie A meant he had been under pressure.

He told Sky television: "In agreement with the club, we have decided to bring forward the expiry of my contract. This beautiful adventure at Milan is over.

"I can't say anything else official. I have not made any agreement with any other club.

"I am certainly not staying in Italy. But it is not certain that I am going to London for sure.'' However when he was told "good luck" in English, he replied: "This I won't understand until I arrive."

He was Serie A's longest serving manager having been appointed in 2001 after a spell at Juventus and led the Rossoneri to one Serie A title and two Champions League triumphs.

He had previously served the club with great distinction as a player for over 15 years.

Chelsea are on the lookout for a new permanent coach after sacking Luiz Felipe Scolari in February.

Leonardo, meanwhile, joined Milan from Paris St Germain in 1997 and remained at the San Siro for four seasons before going back to his native Brazil.

He returned to Milan in 2003 before hanging up his boots after making 60 appearances for his country.

Since then he has spent his time working in the media and helping out with various charities.

He was named as part of Milan's technical staff early last year.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=651460&sec=europe&cc=5901

Roberto Mancini claims he has been offered the chance to manage Sunderland.

Roberto Mancini

StefaniaD'Alessandro/GettyImages

Roberto Mancini: Bound for Wearside?

The 44-year-old former Italy forward was sacked by Inter Milan 12 months ago, despite leading the club to three successive Serie A titles.

He has been out of football since leaving the San Siro club.

Mancini told Sky Italia: "I am honoured to have had an offer from Sunderland Football Club. It is a fantastic opportunity.

"It will be truly wonderful to lead such a prestigious and historic club in England after a year of sitting on the sidelines.

"I feel I am ready to start again with immense enthusiasm.''

Mancini appeared to be an outsider, with Steve Bruce emerging as the firm favourite for the Stadium of Light post soon after Ricky Sbragia's resignation seven days ago.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=651429&sec=england&cc=5901

[quote author=23carragold link=topic=33889.msg879472#msg879472 date=1243794450]
is ancelotti only 49?? he looks well old!
[/quote]

I said the same thing when I heard it on TV. It's like he's been around forever. Still young in managerial terms and makes his past achievements all the more impressive.

Did anyone hear the latest about the Mancini to Sunderland ?

His agent said he knows nothing about it, and Sunderland have said nobody has spoken to Mancini. He looks a little bit silly.

Abramovich desperately want Chelsea to win Champions League trophy and Ancelotti can win it for them. After all, he has managed Milan 8 years and won the trophy as many as Slur Alex have. He could be the right man. Having said that, i don't wish Chelsea to do well in everything. Fuck them.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=33889.msg879668#msg879668 date=1243846650]
Its been confirmed that Ancelotti is the new Chavs Manager.
[/quote]

Terry: Boss, please sign Villa and Ribery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom