• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alonso On Bench VS Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddy

Very Active
Xabi Alonso is set to return to action after being named on the bench for Liverpool's clash with Singapore this afternoon - a game you can watch live only on Liverpoolfc.tv from 12pm BST.

The Spain international joins new signing Glen Johnson amongst the Reds' substitutes, while Javier Mascherano will start in the centre of midfield.

Liverpool team in full: Cavalieri, Degen, Carragher, Agger, San Jose, Babel, Mascherano, Lucas, Benayoun, Voronin, Ngog.

Substitutes: Johnson, Plessis, Torres, Riera, Pacheco, Dossena, Gulacsi, Insua, Alonso, Kelly, Arbeloa, Kuyt, Reina, Spearing, Nemeth.

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=34919.msg912306#msg912306 date=1248604986]
Xabi Alonso is set to return to action after being named on the bench for Liverpool's clash with Singapore this afternoon - a game you can watch live only on Liverpoolfc.tv from 12pm BST.

The Spain international joins new signing Glen Johnson amongst the Reds' substitutes, while Javier Mascherano will start in the centre of midfield.

Liverpool team in full: Cavalieri, Degen, Carragher, Agger, San Jose, Babel, Mascherano, Lucas, Benayoun, Voronin, Ngog.

Substitutes: Johnson, Plessis, Torres, Riera, Pacheco, Dossena, Gulacsi, Insua, Alonso, Kelly, Arbeloa, Kuyt, Reina, Spearing, Nemeth.
[/quote]

is agger at LB? If so, a good sign that dossena is going and that we are experimenting to see whether agger can do ajob.

Voronin is shit.
Babel and Benayoun very lively. Best players so far, attacking wise.

I can't for the life of me understand how Ngog is picked ahead of Pacheco. Sure Ngog is bigger and stronger but Pacheco oozes class.

Pacheco couldn't play the Torres one-up-front role though.

Mind you, Wash has a way to go before I'd want to rely on him doing it for any length of time.

I was about to say the opposite about Ngog.

He's looking for the ball and when he gets he puts the defense under pressure.

[quote author=Modokay link=topic=34919.msg912337#msg912337 date=1248608590]
I can't for the life of me understand how Ngog is picked ahead of Pacheco. Sure Ngog is bigger and stronger but Pacheco oozes class.
[/quote]

Putting Pacheco aside, N'Gog is a player who does look like he has potential. He has a couple of class touches about him. He just needs to get more confidence, more strength and improve his finishing, and I could see him being a very good target man. A bit of a crouch, with pace.

I like Ryan Babel.. good pace, good strength, good skill, good shot.. some good tools to be a solid player.. despite what others say, even his touch is good (a bit like Nando's, a bit inconsistent). Also, whilst some criticise his work rate, it's just one typical of any forward playing out wide. But anyhow, from what I see, there's one HUGE problem which seems to be stopping him from establishing himself in our team unit..

The guy has next to no game intelligence, at all. He has simply NO clue where to run when we are going forward, or where to be defending/covering when going back. Benayoun, just had a good break forward there, and he whilst N'gog was darting one way and Voronin trying to make space with a diagonal run going the other way, Ryan was literally jogging forward in a straight line with no clue how to make space. Just typical of a lot of his movement.

(.. and I don't think it's laziness either, as i've seen it too often. The guy just has very little football intelligence, which is usually the reason managers invariably play forwards out wide - to improve their game intelligence before moving them up top).

[quote author=ibromurph link=topic=34919.msg912343#msg912343 date=1248609827]
I like Ryan Babel.. good pace, good strength, good skill, good shot.. some good tools to be a solid player.. despite what others say, even his touch is good (a bit like Nando's, a bit inconsistent). Also, whilst some criticise his work rate, it's just one typical of any forward playing out wide. But anyhow, from what I see, there's one HUGE problem which seems to be stopping him from establishing himself in our team unit..

The guy has next to no game intelligence, at all. He has simply NO clue where to run when we are going forward, or where to be defending/covering when going back. Benayoun, just had a good break forward there, and he whilst N'gog was darting one way and Voronin trying to make space with a diagonal run going the other way, Ryan was literally jogging forward in a straight line with no clue how to make space. Just typical of a lot of his movement.

(.. and I don't think it's laziness either, as i've seen it too often. The guy just has very little football intelligence, which is usually the reason managers invariably play forwards out wide - to improve their game intelligence before moving them up top).
[/quote]

I agree with you on the dumb vs. lazy theory BTW.

[quote author=livvy185 link=topic=34919.msg912350#msg912350 date=1248611183]
Riera makes it 2-0

Lovely control and finish.
[/quote]

Can you post links to the goals, Livvy?
TIA!

[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=34919.msg912352#msg912352 date=1248611413]
good goal - wonder pass
[/quote]

Nicely put.

Voronin

[flash=500,400]http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/71oRCk4EB6a5fmqz3W5S/mov/1[/flash]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom