• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Virgiling on the vandijkulous

Howedes
Tah
Sule
Koulibaly
All would cost less than VVD and improve us immeasurably.

Koulibaly won't be sold for less than £60M. Sule was always going to join Bayern – no chance for anyone else. Tah is talented, but still quite raw – from what I've seen he would be a 3rd choice CB at LFC (4th if Sakho was allowed to compete). Howedes is decent defender, I like his versatility (can play any FB position as well as CB) and leadership. His weakness is that he's quite slow and not physically dominant. I've watched him and Matip quite a lot the season before Matip joined and my conclusion was that Matip would look better with a quicker/more physical partner than Howedes.

Southampton are in advanced talks to sign Lazio defender Wesley Hoedt, according to Sky sources.
Sky in Italy have reported that the club have made a £15.5million offer for the centre-back but the deal is not yet agreed.

Koulibaly won't be sold for less than £60M. Sule was always going to join Bayern – no chance for anyone else. Tah is talented, but still quite raw – from what I've seen he would be a 3rd choice CB at LFC (4th if Sakho was allowed to compete). Howedes is decent defender, I like his versatility (can play any FB position as well as CB) and leadership. His weakness is that he's quite slow and not physically dominant. I've watched him and Matip quite a lot the season before Matip joined and my conclusion was that Matip would look better with a quicker/more physical partner than Howedes.
Sssssh ! You're spoiling the party line. WTF does it matter if they were never options, would never move to England, had pre-contracts with other clubs or are simply not as good as we've got ... they are CBs FFS !

Spurs have agreed a 40mill deal for a cb called Davinson Sanchez. So chalk another one off the list we could have gone for that was cheaper

Times reporting that the new Southampton owners have told the coach that he had to sell to buy. No money available for players. Hahaha.

Throw another log on the fire.

Southampton owner tells Mauricio Pellegrino he has no extra funds

Matt Hughes, Deputy Football Correspondent

August 18 2017, 12:01am,
The Times

Southampton’s new Chinese owners have no plans to inject additional capital into the business or to spend money on new players because the takeover was largely financed via a bank loan and contributions from third-party investors.

The club announced that Jisheng Gao had paid £210 million for an 80 per cent stake in the club on Monday after Katharina Liebherr, the former owner, said that fresh investment was needed to cement Southampton’s position as a top-ten Premier League club, but did not release any financial details.

Mauricio Pellegrino, the manager, is aware of the situation, however, and has been told not to expect any additional transfer funds this month.

Gao’s takeover bid was a fraught process lasting more than 12 months with the Chinese businessman forced to abandon plans to buy the club through Lander Sports Development, his company, because of restrictions imposed by the Chinese government on taking capital out of the country.

The purchase was completed via Hong Kong using some of Gao’s personal assets, but The Times has learnt that the 64-year-old did not supply all of the £210 million and that the takeover was reliant on money provided by at least three other investors.

Nanyang Commercial Bank Limited, a Chinese-backed Hong Kong bank, is understood to have loaned Gao a significant portion of the purchase price, with several investors from Macau also contributing.

Gao’s backers are demanding a return on their investment and will not grant him a transfer budget so the club will continue to operate as it has done throughout the Liebherr family’s ownership. Markus Liebherr bought Southampton for £14 million in the summer of 2009 and it was inherited by his daughter after his death in August 2010. Katharina Liebherr has made a £150 million profit from the sale to Gao having converted £38 million of loans into shares five years ago.

In their most recent accounts, for the financial year ending June 2016, Southampton recorded a post-tax profit of £4.9 million, but that was reliant on the sales of Morgan Schneiderlin and Nathaniel Clyne for a combined £37.5 million the previous summer. Southampton made almost £50 million from player sales last summer and that will form part of their next accounts.

Pellegrino has been told that he must continue to sell players before he can buy, which could affect the club’s determination to keep hold of Virgil van Dijk amid interest from Liverpool and Chelsea. Ralph Krueger, the Southampton chairman, made an unequivocal statement on Wednesday, saying that Van Dijk is “not for sale during this window”, but it will come down to Pellegrino, who must decide whether it is worth keeping a player who is not training with his team-mates, particularly if doing so denies him funds that could be used to strengthen the squad.

Liebherr has retained a 20 per cent stake in the club that she may sell to Gao at a later date, but in the meantime her statement on Monday that it is “business as usual” for Southampton is an accurate reflection of the club’s position. The only immediate change to the club’s operations is likely to be the addition of Gao’s daughter, Nelly, to the club’s board. Southampton declined to comment last night.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...io-pellegrino-he-has-no-extra-funds-6xz3ff8v6

If that Times report is accurate - and remember Gao financed this out of his own pocket (supposedly 15% of his personal wealth, that's a very large chunk of anyone's cash on a likely non-performing investment) then they will almost certainly have to rely on player sales.

It's happening !

Here we go. Drop the price. Make them take a hit and regret not doing business earlier.
I don't give a shit about the price. Not my money and they know we are just as, if not more if they've been watching, desperate than them !

Just get the damn deal done ASAP. Even if we only end up with VVD and Seri, for the remainder of this window, then it's far better then we have now.

First we're dickheads because we low ball our offers, then we're wankers because we're letting Chelsea sneak in under our noses and now we should lower our (currently non-existant) bid to secure the transfer

It's an exciting thread

First we're dickheads because we low ball our offers, then we're wankers because we're letting Chelsea sneak in under our noses and now we should lower our (currently non-existant) bid to secure the transfer

It's an exciting thread

And all these guys that calls our admin cunts are coming with those genious solutions!! :confused::D

Back
Top Bottom