• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spurs vs Liverpool (15/09/2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This because we want to win the title, and also it's fucking Spurs.

I hope we bumfuck them, we certainly owe them after the game last season, on the plus side Lovren isn't playing this time.

We must play Keita, and I wouldn't be averse to seeing Shaqiri either
Agree. I think our best chance against them is to be as direct & aggressive as possible & try to blow them away.

You let their side get a grip of the ball against you & they can really hurt you, & for some reason they seem to possess the players to do that against us more so than any other side has managed (excluding City in that one game Mane was sent off).

I'm hoping the new trend we have for managing the match in periods helps this weekend, being able to attack quickly & effectively & then sit back without necessarily conceding possession or control of your area of the pitch, to wait for a counter opportunity or for the next wave to start (first five minutes & last ten of each half it seems so far) has always appealed to me, the best sides have usually been masters at that.

Our fans will be bladdered from their 8am train down on the lash and the Spurs contingent will all be silent due to confused seating, early kick off and general 'meh' about their current stadium situation. I'd much rather be playing them there than at the new place.

I'll be on a stag do and unlikely to get to watch :(
If you're on a stag do then surely a pub with the match on that serves food & beer at dinnertime is fucking ideal?

Do we prioritise this or PSG?

Maybe, they will definitely be more concerned about Inter for financial reasons, they lose that one and it's pretty much over for them in terms of getting out of the group. I'd assume they've spent the break getting themselves into a defensive mindset, to be solid, keep a clean sheet, in preparation for scraping past Inter on Tuesday, so we might get away with less effort in this game.

Our fans will be bladdered from their 8am train down on the lash and the Spurs contingent will all be silent due to confused seating, early kick off and general 'meh' about their current stadium situation. I'd much rather be playing them there than at the new place.

I'll be on a stag do and unlikely to get to watch :(

Put the stag on a brothel during the match. The only way you miss it then is if you'r the stag, but then again the consolidation is that someone pay a stay in a brothel….

I think the early kick off is generally a bit of a leveller. Since there isn't a whole lot between us I don't know what that means. I'd love an old fashioned embarrassing destruction of Spurs, but I'm suspecting a tight affair is on the cards. Sneaky 1-2 to the Mighty Reds.

Put the stag on a brothel during the match. The only way you miss it then is if you'r the stag, but then again the consolidation is that someone pay a stay in a brothel….

Consolidation is what happens when you eat dinner at lunchtime like a cunt.

If you're on a stag do then surely a pub with the match on that serves food & beer at dinnertime is fucking ideal?

I think we are going to be in rage buggies whilst the game is on, and not expecting the place that runs it to have sky... or internet in general!

Do you eat dinner at lunchtime? What's Next?

Lord_Snooty.gif

This could go absolutely any possible way. If we can take 4/6 points off each of the Top 6 that would go miles to winning the league though. 2-2 maybe 2-3 to us.

It would be nice to see him start to feature. Hendo hasn't gotten up to speed yet although I thought he changed the game when we were under the cosh against Palace.

I think i'd rather see Milner, Gini & Keita for this game to take it to them rather than Hendo for Naby.

Nice to have such selection "problems".

As far as selecting Fabinho himself goes, for me it depends 100% on how things have gone in training. He's going to be ready sometime - why not now?

Nice to have such selection "problems".

As far as selecting Fabinho himself goes, for me it depends 100% on how things have gone in training. He's going to be ready sometime - why not now?

Because he's not ready yet and that "sometime" isn't now?

I don't know the ins and outs of why some players come in straight away and some don't, and certainly for all the bollocks spouted about Robertson and how Klopp held him back and then "unleashed" him at just the right time ignores two facts:

1) He made his debut against Palace. In August.
2) He only won a regular spot because Moreno got injured in December.

That's certainly true as far as Robertson is concerned but IMHO it leaves untouched the point I'm trying to make about Fabinho, namely that Klopp and the coaching team are a lot better placed than we are to decide if Fabinho is ready now.and, if they think he is, I'd be quite happy to see him line up against Tottenham.

You miss out Chamberlain though. He didn't try to throw him straight away & it certainly seemed to help him.

Yeah, I suppose, although his full debut was actually a fucking disaster, and he then didn't start any more games for nearly two months. He also didn't make his first league start until Klopp had almost no choice, with Lallana, Wijnaldum, Mane and Coutinho all injured.

So, again, circumstances dictated much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom