• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spurs vs Liverpool (15/09/2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently there's loads of spare tickets at Wembley for the LFC game, should one risk it?

Fabinho, Firmino and Alisson rested for the next international game for Brazil. Good news!

You are the one person I don't think could blend in, @Mystic

No harm in going. At the Palace game the Liverpool fans clearly outed themselves by filming the away end the whole time - pretty obvious when you have a big phone screen in front of you!

Just don't get cocky or celebrate and you'll be fine.

Back to the game - it has been encouraging to see Kane & Alli looking off form so far, but Moura & Eriksen are in form.

I don't like the fact, but spurs seem to have a very good record against us under Klopp.

Then we have the 'breakfast time' kick off.

I'd take a draw. It's very rare I say that, but playing spurs in that hateful soulless shithole they call a national stadium at 12.30 & getting a draw would be fine with me tbh.

We then have the opportunity to utterly embarrass the star filled PSG just a few days later to get a nice confidence boost anyway.

No good feeling for this one. We have been away too long. We often don't fire on all cylinders just after these breaks, and we have still some games to og until the team is settling 100%. I know Milner has had a good start to the season, and the long break can have done him good. I also feel it is dangerous to do much changes early stages. So maybe keep the midfield as boring as possible With Milner-Wini sitting deep and snapping ancles, and let the Shaq or Keita run at them? I think Hendo was utter wank last game so I don't want to see him for a while. Firmino scored for Brazil but again he has these long travels over timezones. Not too good for us if he hasn't arrived back early.

So defence to remain unchanged, midfield to be finetuned to whatever gameplan we have and the three little pigs to win us the game. I hope. Fuck I have no good feeling for this.

Hendo never looks good alongside Milner.

They both offer very similar things, with Milner at his best offering more in terms of creativity & I would say is a little more direct at times.

Put the two of them together though & there's just too much of the same for me, I feel it makes the midfield, not pedestrian, but not exactly dynamic either, perhaps predictable is the best word.

Play one or the other, not both, imo.

Our fans will be bladdered from their 8am train down on the lash and the Spurs contingent will all be silent due to confused seating, early kick off and general 'meh' about their current stadium situation. I'd much rather be playing them there than at the new place.

I'll be on a stag do and unlikely to get to watch :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom