• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ryder cup 2018

Piedro

Very Well-Known
Honorary Member
Anyone having this? I’m not sure we have many golfers on the forum.

I fucking love it. It’s my fave sporting event. Of the lot.

I’ve taken tomorrow off work, I’ll be up at 7am for the first round, then I’m meeting the lads in town at 11am for breakfast and bevvies all day.

Anyway, onto the golf. Europe won’t win this one. The yanks have too many FUCKING good players. Poulter is getting older, Sergio is playing shite, Stenson is playing shite. It’s all on Rory and Rose i think, they need to set the tone tomorrow (first two groups out, with rookies) and hopefully we can get some momentum.

Whatever happens I fucking love this weekend. It’s just the one on the calendar for me, every two years of course.

I can't see Europe even making it close this time around, the American team is ridiculously strong.

I don't follow golf the way you do Pete but I love this weekend as well. It's one of the greatest events in all of sports. (i have to work today though!)

Because i don't watch anything other than the Majors there's about 4 European's i've never heard of before
How are they going to hold up under the spotlight ?

I'm assuming they'll all be partnered with experienced team mates and left out of early singles matches ?

so far:

• 1up Rose/Rahm v Koepka/Finau (3)
  • A/S McIlroy/Olesen v Johnson/Fowler (2)
  • Casey/Hatton v Spieth/Thomas 1up (2)
  • 1up Molinari/Fleetwood v Reed/Woods (1)

Yeah I went to bed at 1.30 and alarm was set for 7am. Been watching it all so far.

I was worried about Olesen, he’s playing with Mcilroy and will need his hand holding all the way round. (He stuck his first shot in the water - shows the pressure on the first tee). I’m a bit concerned about Hatton as well, he can blow hot or cold.

Decent start so far, Rose and Rahm leading the way (1 up at the minute). Need Rory and Olesen to get a win out of their game to gain some momentum and hopefully the other two pairings can do something.

This afternoon will be a cracker. Can see Poulter and Mcilroy together, and Rose and Stenson too.

I fucking love this competition. It’s honestly my favourite sporting event of them all. Fuck the yanks!

Public holiday here so been watching from the start.

USA hasn’t won in Europe since 93.

Their best side ever on paper and the first time ever all the worlds top 10 are involved.

Come on to fuck Europe, strong start, up in 2 and halving 1, down in 1

I’m still fuming Sergio made the cut. Bullshit call.

I absolutely love the Ryder cup.

Fuck the yanks is right, especially Reed the crowd shushing prick

My favourite sporting event as well.
The 1989 at the Belfry is probably the one I look back at with fondest memories.
Is it just me or is the coverage poor so far.
Hardly showing some groups.

Last edited:
Fuck Rory was shocking,not a single birdie in 16 holes.

Rose was sublime and Fleetwood came home strong.

Rahm’s horse shoe was the turning point in that match

Nice turn around by Europe.
First ever foursomes whitewash apparently.
Europe a bit unlucky to be three - one down this morning but totally deserved all four points this afternoon.
Let's hope the wind continues to blow for the next two days.

Well that was a boss afternoon. Haven’t seen a session like that in a long time. Garcia was fucking brilliant as usual. The stars of the day were obv fleetwood and molinari.

And we bumped into Jon fox in town and had a quick beer too.

Boss all round. More tomorrow please.

Rose deserved 2 points today, he played fantastically well in both matches.

Fair play Garcia and Poulter both played really well.

The USA were awful especially Dusty and Phil.

They missed so many short putts.

Makes for a great second day

The galleries are just brilliant. The yanks don't like it up them. Reid on the first tea this morning looked like an American Colin Montogomerie.

Well that was a boss afternoon. Haven’t seen a session like that in a long time. Garcia was fucking brilliant as usual. The stars of the day were obv fleetwood and molinari.

And we bumped into Jon fox in town and had a quick beer too.

Boss all round. More tomorrow please.
I only had one beer & got off!

Fuck me I'm getting old. Knew full well if I had another one I'd not get in til the early hours so had to get off quick sharp before my willpower eroded!

Was nice to catch up with you & nessie though.

I was in town yesterday afternoon you pair of twats
Ha. I'd been helping out my mum's work & had just got off after 11 hours of painting & moving shit about when I literally walked a yard past a massive group of windevers & friends, all pissed, as I walked to Central Station, & was practically forced into a pub.

8-4

If they can match the US tally in the foursomes this afternoon and go into Sunday at 4 up, that would be a great position to be in. Of course giving them a lesson this afternoon would be even better.

I do like watching the golf on the telly, it's just the way they stick all the music and have slow motion of Ian Poulter, who is basically a cross between Tommy Robinson and Brett Kavanaugh, tearing up because he nailed a four foot put, pretend it's a team sport when it's patently not, all that can get to fuck.

That said I watched it all morning and it was ace. Hahaha

USA coming out fighting early on here, up in the first two.

The last match will be a cracker, Rory/Poults v Spieth/Thomas

Happy enough with that lead going into Sunday. I can’t see where the Americans are going to score 8 points from. Mickleson, Reed, Dechambeau and woods have all been garbage so far. No one from the US will want to play Rose, Fleetwood, Mollinari or Poulter. We will win this around the 16-12 mark I think.

Back
Top Bottom