• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Palace Post Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombrown

Resident grammar Trot
Without a timewarped DB

Liverpool 4 Crystal Palace 3: The Match Ratings

by Ben Johnson | Jan 19, 2019 | 0 comments

FOR reasons I can’t go into, I ended up watching it on a stream, in a non-Liverpool boozer, with Jeff and the boys about two minutes ahead of us.
Every time there was a cheer, Palace, United, or some other cunts had scored. Every time there wasn’t a cheer The Reds had scored. Our stream was unstable, to say the least.
If you think these scores are worse than usual — and that takes some fucking doing — it’s probably because I didn’t see about 45 per cent of the game. I mean, I don’t watch the frigging thing when I am in the ground, so why should I start now?
You want something to test your nerves? Watch a 4-3 win, on a stop-start stream, in a boozer where everyone wants you to get beat, whereby you end up watching the last two minutes on Soccer Saturday on the telly, with no volume, and second guessing Jeff and fucking Paul Merson’s facial expressions. Fucking hell.
Alisson: 7
Couldn’t do anything with the goal. Didn’t see the second. Let’s say it wasn’t his fault. Probably should have saved the third, but I like to think he was saving his saves for when they matter.
Milner: 7
Great turn and through ball for the Joel for the chance. Played higher than Trent, pretty much. Got legged by Zaha but in fairness there aren’t many full backs who wouldn’t have been in that situation. Great run and ball onto Speroni’s hand to set up the winner. Got sent off, we have now got no right backs. No one in their right mind is arsed.
Big Joel: 6
Mad one there when he got played in with his big Porcelanosa boots and he was the last fella on earth you wanted in that position. Good save, in fairness. He is dead dangerous on corners but not dangerous at all in the same breath. Boss movement to create himself a chance, head like Kryten. Played the fucking world onside for their goal, didn’t he?
Virg: 7
Don’t know what he did or didn’t do for their goal, but it feels like he’s so good that if he wanted to keep it out he would have done. Genuinely haven’t got a clue how he played, but given we conceded three I’m saying he wasn’t amazing.
Andy Robbo: 7
Good defending to save a corner when they broke midway through the first, but then absolutely emptied his position chasing a shadow and they looked dangerous for a weird little five minutes. Why didn’t he hit that one first half when he played it back? Our only full back available now, but no one in their right mind is arsed.
Henderson: 7
First 10 minutes they broke twice and Henderson legged them and won it back. Loved the sort of middle defensive four we set up with. Twat of a ball to Milner for his second yellow. I was going to give him an eight but thought it was a step too far.
Fabinho: 8
Looked like they decided to let him have the ball first 15 and he pinged it all over the gaff. What a ball for the third goal to Milner. Went off hurt, hopefully something and nothing.
Naby: 6
He is nearly, almost, half a yard away from brilliant first half but instead tends to be ineffective at best, and maybe a little bit shite at worst.
Mo Salah: 8
Touch let him down three or four times in the first half when a possible half chance looked on. When I say let him down, I mean it wasn’t fucking perfect. Lashed himself for a pen there in an absolute don’t touch the red button brainstorm. Great finish off a big, horrible, spawny deflection. The best of goals.
Hahahahaha, his second, la. Their keeper with an assist. Fucking red shite bastards.
Firmino: 7
Fucking horrible, horrible, bobbly, spawny red nose twat of a goal that, weren’t it? Get in. Get in. Get in. Get in. Hahahaha.
Sadio Mane: 7
From what I seen — granted, it wasn’t a lot — he looked to be making some pretty fucking selfish choices. Slaughtering him to myself, watching a stream that seems to have took place in another fucking century, but then he popped up with a goal that may well have been celebrated four times. I don’t know who I am anymore. Are we going to win the league? Can someone just put me out of my misery?
SUBS
I don’t really know who come on, but was Shaqiri playing right back for a bit, there?

Unsure as to why Clyne was sent on loan. No need to gamble on a title challenge.

Clyne was a nice to have but even after today I'm happy with Milner in emergencies. There's only a couple of players in the league as good at going at fullbacks as Zaha, maybe next time it's one of those players and the usual right backs are out we see Fabinho.

I think we're starting to see how highly Klopp thinks of Fabinho because he'd rather play Milner at right back to keep the big man in center mid.

Naby just doesn't look sharp enough but I still think he'll click at some stage.

Huge win.

Go and rest up in the sun and come back super charged.

Hopefully no injuries after this.

I have been waiting for Keita to come good, but I am beginning to worry. Against Palace he was slow and ineffectual - and he was playing in what is supposed to be his proper position.

I feared that Zaha would torment Milner and so it came to pass. I thought Milner could have done with a bit of help.

That Mamadou Sakho is a fabulous CB. Klopp should sign him. ;)

Clyne was a nice to have but even after today I'm happy with Milner in emergencies. There's only a couple of players in the league as good at going at fullbacks as Zaha, maybe next time it's one of those players and the usual right backs are out we see Fabinho.

I think we're starting to see how highly Klopp thinks of Fabinho because he'd rather play Milner at right back to keep the big man in center mid.

Naby just doesn't look sharp enough but I still think he'll click at some stage.
Yeah a week ago he thought so highly of Fabinho that he left him on the bench against City.

So good to know regardless of the city results we will be top playing in our next game after a mini break.

We’ve put the loss to City behind us like true champions do and just got back to winning.

60pts is insane

I have been waiting for Keita to come good, but I am beginning to worry. Against Palace he was slow and ineffectual - and he was playing in what is supposed to be his proper position.

I feared that Zaha would torment Milner and so it came to pass. I thought Milner could have done with a bit of help.

That Mamadou Sakho is a fabulous CB. Klopp should sign him. ;)

Nah, he was still out left. Thats not his preffered position. He was alright today with some nice touches and worked hard, but ineffective. Needs a run of games in the side.
He’ll be good for us, but it could take some more time.

I only saw 2nd half – how was Keita in the first? It seems he's playing way too far forward for his liking, so often Firmino and Mane dropped deep leaving Naby pretty much in CF position – there was no way he was going to be effective playing like this. Sometimes he reminded me of Nuri Şahin being played way too far forward by Rodgers. But I think Keita should be more assertive too – he should tell his forwards to get the fuck out of his way in the middle of the pitch and instead run the channels for him.

Fabinho walked off the pitch without any sign of a limp, so I don't think it can be serious whatever it is.

I only saw 2nd half – how was Keita in the first? It seems he's playing way too far forward for his liking, often Firmino and Mane dropped deep leaving Naby pretty much in CF position – there was no way he was going to be effective playing like this. Sometimes he reminded me of Nuri Şahin being played way too far forward by Rodgers. But I think Keita should be more assertive too – he should tell his forwards to get the fuck out of his way in the middle of the pitch and instead run the channels for him.

Thought he was alright. Some nice touches and worked hard. But isolated on the left and ineffective.
I’d rather have seen him more central.

Naby will be fine. Just need time to find a good rythm. Not sure if we can grant him that luxury this season... But we need him ready to contribute as I am much more confident we can trust him than Lallana

Hello Everyone ( this is long so sorry @Oncy - just read onto the next post but I got so much stress that needs to be written)

I have kind of recovered from all that, I started listening on the radio commentary on the LFC site, as it does not sound so bad when the opposition score (if they do), but for some reason I found an irresistible urge and decided to put myself through hell by trying one of @gkmacca 's stream links, which actually worked - I really wish I hadn't. Great and happy that we won, but you have to ask ' what the fuck was that all about ? '. We hardly concede goals at home and we come up against a side who this season can hardly get goals at their own ground, but they manage to get three at ours. This game was a throwback to the games experienced under Rodgers, and Klopp's first/second season.

The blame is a collective one for the whole team - and really a lack of discipline on the pressing side, I noticed a few times where we looked like nicking the ball from one of the Palace players, it looked like we had about 6 players pressing at the same time leaving three/two at the back to deal with any shit, and I think the first goal resulted from this kind of thing. I don't think Milner was fucked over by Zaha like some have said, he made some good tackles and dangerous runs himself today and I don't even think his first yellow was warranted - he did not even touch him, but he is what 33 and is up against one of the fastest players in the league. It did not help him that Henderson made a very 'unsafe' sideways signature pass - and felt sorry for him when he got sent off.

What was really strange today and Klopp alluded to this in his post match interview was that when we went 2-1 up, Palace did not actually try and score by coming out a bit more - they maintained their defensive shape, and after doing a lot of running to make it 2-1 we decided to still press them more to get more goals. All good but it should have been done with some level of caution by not committing so many players to press as it left us completely open to them to launch a counter-attack , which they did successfully. Just stupid from our team. We were very fortunate that we were not up against a team with quality defenders that would have made it harder for us to score against.

I heard in the post match interview by Klopp that he was saying he has no players left at the moment (or some bollox like that). Well Mr. Klopp this seems to be a recurring theme with you after you get us to winning positions and/or finals. Happens every fucking season but this season - you have had the opportunity to deal with it but instead you loan out a very decent RB in Clyne knowing you want to give Trent a rest now and then because of his age. I don't buy into the Fab being an emergency RB in place of Trent - we bought him for another role which he has now proven to be very good at with his passing range, and we really need him in that position. I don't care that Clyne wanted to play regular - Klopp should have just forced him to stay until the end of the season. Keita is not what we paid for - by now there should be some visible talent and performances on show from him but nothing has materialized that justifies this guys price-tag, and I think we have to accept we may have bought an overrated player - that looked good amongst lesser players in the team he came from. So that leaves the question of the creative Coutinho replacement and no not Shaq - he is a winger and front line man. We need someone in that midfield that can do more with the ball and an ability to fucking score. The shortage of players is all down to Klopp - he has to take the blame for this. I pray that Fab's injury is nothing serious and is back soon, please please - no that Gini/Hendo/Milner combination again please no no no !!!!

Right stress output done, Enjoy your evening and the victory all.

MORON

Naby was being deployed like a left winger too often, but i guess we don’t yet trust him to own a CM slot.

It's worth remembering that palace beat city by playing similar style, there they had three shots and scored three.
There they had 20%odd possession today they had about 30% odd. It's how Roy sets them up, they would have taken great heart from that game Thankfully our strikers managed better with the possession we had than city's did.

Onwards and upwards, it's another 3 in the bag.
Let's keep going game at a time til May.

Hendo after the game said a game at a time mentality allows us to focus on keeping things ticking over per game.
It's helped us when we went behind and then let them back in.
Our focus and commitment is there from everyone.
11 day break and hopefully a few injured players back and ready to hit the rest of the season hard.

Hello Everyone ( this is long so sorry @Oncy - just read onto the next post but I got so much stress that needs to be written)

I have kind of recovered from all that, I started listening on the radio commentary on the LFC site, as it does not sound so bad when the opposition score (if they do), but for some reason I found an irresistible urge and decided to put myself through hell by trying one of @gkmacca 's stream links, which actually worked - I really wish I hadn't. Great and happy that we won, but you have to ask ' what the fuck was that all about ? '. We hardly concede goals at home and we come up against a side who this season can hardly get goals at their own ground, but they manage to get three at ours. This game was a throwback to the games experienced under Rodgers, and Klopp's first/second season.

The blame is a collective one for the whole team - and really a lack of discipline on the pressing side, I noticed a few times where we looked like nicking the ball from one of the Palace players, it looked like we had about 6 players pressing at the same time leaving three/two at the back to deal with any shit, and I think the first goal resulted from this kind of thing. I don't think Milner was fucked over by Zaha like some have said, he made some good tackles and dangerous runs himself today and I don't even think his first yellow was warranted - he did not even touch him, but he is what 33 and is up against one of the fastest players in the league. It did not help him that Henderson made a very 'unsafe' sideways signature pass - and felt sorry for him when he got sent off.

What was really strange today and Klopp alluded to this in his post match interview was that when we went 2-1 up, Palace did not actually try and score by coming out a bit more - they maintained their defensive shape, and after doing a lot of running to make it 2-1 we decided to still press them more to get more goals. All good but it should have been done with some level of caution by not committing so many players to press as it left us completely open to them to launch a counter-attack , which they did successfully. Just stupid from our team. We were very fortunate that we were not up against a team with quality defenders that would have made it harder for us to score against.

I heard in the post match interview by Klopp that he was saying he has no players left at the moment (or some bollox like that). Well Mr. Klopp this seems to be a recurring theme with you after you get us to winning positions and/or finals. Happens every fucking season but this season - you have had the opportunity to deal with it but instead you loan out a very decent RB in Clyne knowing you want to give Trent a rest now and then because of his age. I don't buy into the Fab being an emergency RB in place of Trent - we bought him for another role which he has now proven to be very good at with his passing range, and we really need him in that position. I don't care that Clyne wanted to play regular - Klopp should have just forced him to stay until the end of the season. Keita is not what we paid for - by now there should be some visible talent and performances on show from him but nothing has materialized that justifies this guys price-tag, and I think we have to accept we may have bought an overrated player - that looked good amongst lesser players in the team he came from. So that leaves the question of the creative Coutinho replacement and no not Shaq - he is a winger and front line man. We need someone in that midfield that can do more with the ball and an ability to fucking score. The shortage of players is all down to Klopp - he has to take the blame for this. I pray that Fab's injury is nothing serious and is back soon, please please - no that Gini/Hendo/Milner combination again please no no no !!!!

Right stress output done, Enjoy your evening and the victory all.

MORON

Go and have a G&T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom