• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Palace Post Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keita made Henderson look decent yesterday, he seems clueless towards the system Klopp deploys , hopefully it clicks but so far he's been hopeless.

Keita made Henderson look decent yesterday, he seems clueless towards the system Klopp deploys , hopefully it clicks but so far he's been hopeless.

A disturbing aspect to Keita that I had not realised before yesterday is that he is quite slow. He was constantly being out-paced by Palace players.

A disturbing aspect to Keita that I had not realised before yesterday is that he is quite slow. He was constantly being out-paced by Palace players.
Im not sure its so obvious because he is rather quick footed when on the ball but yeah i think its more his positional play than his pace or lack of that is impacting us so badly when he plays

He didn't look slow at all (albeit in clips) in Germany, & he didn't look slow in the first couple of games of the season either, in fact when either he or Mane were running at pace it was hard to see the difference between them.

It's entirely possible we have him on a bulking up plan which has slowed him down.

We've done it with quite a few players after we've signed them & it's affected their pace whilst going through it.

I welcome the fact that the knives are out for us on MOTD - it's because we are authentic contenders for the Premier League.

They loved us when they thought we weren't going to win it.

I don't think they really had the knives out. They pointed out Salah's embarrassing dive for what it was. They did say we deserved to beat them, though on the day they might have got something out of it. Can't argue with any of that either.

Last edited:
I don't think they really had the knives out. They pointed out Salah's embarrassing dive for what it was. They did say we deserved to beat them, though on the day they might of got something out of it. Can't argue with any of that either.

Salah did go down easily, which is not something he usually does. However, there was contact, and the usual Lineker/Shearer mantra is "there was contact, so he was entitled to go down." This apparently doesn't apply to Salah.

I don't actually agree with the "entitled to go down" theory as it takes football further away from the contact sport that it used to be.

He went down a second or so after the contact though, & in a quite unnatural manner.

It was the thing that I first thought of this morning when I rewatched the match.

It's a real shame, cos I think that could cost him a genuine penalty shout at some point with refs being too worried about being potentially embarrassed if they give it.

He went down a second or so after the contact though, & in a quite unnatural manner.

It was the thing that I first thought of this morning when I rewatched the match.

It's a real shame, cos I think that could cost him a genuine penalty shout at some point with refs being too worried about being potentially embarrassed if they give it.

I thought that too and maybe he did go down a second late because of the leg contact but at the moment he did go down Sakho had a hand on his shoulder which nobody seems to mention.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mo felt the kick and thought shit I could have gone down for that then decided he'd go down for the next contact.

Salah-dive-1074765.jpg

For me it was a dive, and a bad 1 at that too....lucky not to have been booked.

Has to cut it out.

It was definitely unnatural. And embarrassing. Going down easy with contact is fine but not throwing yourself backwards to the turf.

You're not going to win many fouls looking like you're selling a knife edge chop to the chest in pro wrestling.

Mo did go down very easily but did not seem to be calling for a pen

He's not in his right element on the left imho. Much more effective in his natural central role. I'm guessing Klopp doesnt trust him there yet, but you can see the lad has quality and as with Fabinho he needs a run of games in the side. But the unlucky thing for him as that we have several players that can be and deserve to be involved so his game time will be limited with us being out of the FA cup and Crabsticks cup.

He'll be a great player for us though, just give him some time.

It was definitely unnatural.

I wish this term wasn't used. Falling down isn't natural. I dare say slo-mo of anyone falling down will look quite odd to some. I don't dispute some players fake it/dive, but the tradition that's grown up of people gazing at replays and declaring it's 'unnatural' is not helpful at all. Trip a few people up at work tomorrow and glory in the variety of their falls.

Let s leave the accusations of diving to other team's fans. There's no value in being "holier than thou" and trying to portray an image of superior objectivity by slating our players

Does he dive?
No
How do you know?
'Cos he plays for us!

I wish this term wasn't used. Falling down isn't natural. I dare say slo-mo of anyone falling down will look quite odd to some. I don't dispute some players fake it/dive, but the tradition that's grown up of people gazing at replays and declaring it's 'unnatural' is not helpful at all. Trip a few people up at work tomorrow and glory in the variety of their falls.

It looked bad in real time too. He got nipped at the back of his ankle and his legs went flying out in front of him.

I agree about reading too much into ultra slow mo replays but this was a case where the reaction clearly did not match the offense.

He did not ask for a penalty and someone of his size can be tripped up easily by some massive dood like sakho.

He didn't look slow at all (albeit in clips) in Germany, & he didn't look slow in the first couple of games of the season either, in fact when either he or Mane were running at pace it was hard to see the difference between them.

It's entirely possible we have him on a bulking up plan which has slowed him down.

We've done it with quite a few players after we've signed them & it's affected their pace whilst going through it.

Racist

I thought that too and maybe he did go down a second late because of the leg contact but at the moment he did go down Sakho had a hand on his shoulder which nobody seems to mention.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mo felt the kick and thought shit I could have gone down for that then decided he'd go down for the next contact.

Salah-dive-1074765.jpg

Please stop, it was a horrible dive and it could easily cost us down the line. There is no defending it

Rubbish. He was every bit as entitled to make sure the referee gave a foul (because that's what it was) as Sakho was to try and get away with it.

Let s leave the accusations of diving to other team's fans. There's no value in being "holier than thou" and trying to portray an image of superior objectivity by slating our players

Does he dive?
No
How do you know?
'Cos he plays for us!

Nah fuck that.

Rubbish. He was every bit as entitled to make sure the referee gave a foul (because that's what it was) as Sakho was to try and get away with it.

Jesus do you really think that?

If you do fair enough, you have a very different view of football.

Dunno what Jesus thinks about it TBH but yes, I do. I'd be all for keeping strictly to the rules if everybody else did the same, but I'm blowed if I'll accept my side handicapping itself over the issue when others don't. Besides, why the flying **** should defenders get away scot free with fouls like that one?

Dunno what Jesus thinks about it TBH but yes, I do. I'd be all for keeping strictly to the rules if everybody else did the same, but I'm blowed if I'll accept my side handicapping itself over the issue when others don't. Besides, why the flying **** should defenders get away scot free with fouls like that one?

Then you can’t complain when other players do the same.

I don’t think it was a foul at all btw

Please stop, it was a horrible dive and it could easily cost us down the line. There is no defending it

I think you misunderstand the intent there, explanation rather than defense. Nowhere did I say he was right to do what he did.

I think he has been within his rights to go down in the other instances, and the fuss around him wouldn't be happening if it was sir Harry of Kane. But that was an embarrassing dive that may do him and us harm in the long run.

I think you misunderstand the intent there, explanation rather than defense. Nowhere did I say he was right to do what he did.

Fair enough although if that’s his thought process I don’t like it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom