• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Palace Post Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any of them are actual dives, he's not simulating contact. He's going down when he feels it. There's a difference.

The pundits in the media flip flop and just go with the current narrative. One week they'll say a player is right to go down if they feel contact, the next they'll say players need to stay on their feet. Meh.

That's all well and good, and in an ideal world nobody would care.

However, referees and other officials certainly pay attention, and if a particular player is subject to a witch hunt, the media attention can impact that player negatively. We saw it when Slur Alex called Suarez out for being a diver and referees stopped blowing up for fouls against him.

To further my earlier point, everyone in the media thought that the Lovren/Calvert-Lewin one last season was a penalty because Dejan "gave the ref a decision to make" by placing his hands on the striker. DCL was also deemed to be within his rights to go down once he felt the contact. No different from Salah here. What's the difference? It's a witch hunt.

"He went down like he was pole-axed", errr no he didn't, he went down and still took a swipe at the ball to keep possession (amazing that no one has even acknowledged this factor). Completely fair my fucking arse.

And as for this bollocks about there being no media agenda. Here's a few headlines from the last day or two:

Echo: Liverpool Forward Mohamed Salah slammed for embarrassing dive against Palace.

BBC: Shearer blasts "embarrassing" Mohamed Salah dive.

Daily Mail (Chris Sutton): Salah risks Liverpool losing the title with his diving "antics" (that's probably the most laughable one yet, considering he scored 2 goals that secured the win)

Andy Gray: “I think in any big game now, certain coaches might just remind officials that he is going to ground… easily.

Keith Hackett (former ref via The Express): Mohamed Salah slammed for diving AGAIN: Former referee brands Liverpool ace 'less savoury'

Telegraph: Mo Salah is getting a reputation as a diver, referees need to get tough.

Daily Star: Mohamed Salah slammed after Danny Rose booking, Spurs fans are fuming - LIVERPOOL star Mohamed Salah has been criticised by Tottenham fans after Danny Rose was controversially booked for diving against Fulham this afternoon. (really? WTAF)

BBC (Garth Crooks): Liverpool star Mo Salah is ‘breaking my heart’ with ‘grotesque’ play. You're messing with your credibility, your reputation. Soon not only the professionals will call him a cheat but the fans as well.”

BBC (Kevin Kilbane): ”It's pathetic. We don't want to see this in any player's game. It's poor from Salah given his talent."

There isn’t, that’s the media talking about an incident.

I could quote a thousand headlines showing us in a positive light.

The media loves us this season

Again, I really meant SOCIAL media.

The actual media do like us as a team (although their coverage of Salah recently has been poor) and because of that, it actually fuels even more hatred, envy and jealousy towards us on social media.

The problem for Salah is that the haters questions his recent penalties as to whether he dived so when he blatantly did it in the last game everyone is going to jump on it.

I don’t blame them at all. He doesn’t need to go down there. Save it for when he can actually win a penalty and there is a foul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom