• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Leicester (H) - Worthington Cup - Wed 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Leicester are flying so this has Banana skin potential. I’d rather see a strong team here than our home EL game next midweek.

Full strength back 4 for me with rotation elsewhere.

Kelleher

Gomez
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Gravenberch
Jones

Salah
Gakpo
Diaz

Prioritise youth if we’re on top.

Leicester are flying so this has Banana skin potential. I’d rather see a strong team here than our home EL game next midweek.

Kelleher

Gomez
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Gravenberch
Jones

Salah
Gakpo
Diaz

Doak for Salah surely and you can't leave out Bacjectic

I shall be in attendance for this one and I'm very much looking forward to it, been a long time coming.

Expect Klopp to ring 11 changes. Kelleher Baj Ibou Quansah Kostas Endo Grav Elliott Doak Gakpo Jota

Ohhh this'll not please Modo. He was promised the cups to keep him sharp in case he needed to step in the the league. I see tantrums

Modo has Europe & The FA cup. Anything goes in The Coca Cola Cup!

No way are Mo and Virgil starting this. Rest fine with it, Trent possibly for some fitness…

Irish Kevin,
Badger, Konate or Gomez, Quansah, Greek Scouser
Harvey, Endo, Gravy
Doak, Gakpo, Jota.

Choice of captain out of that lot would be interesting - Gomez if he started.

I’d like to see Bobby Clarke get a good chunk of time as well, on for Gravy - load the bench up with a few kids and a couple more seniors - maybe Diaz, Nunez

------------------------------- Kelleher

-- Badger -------- Konate ---------- Quansah ----- Tsimikas

------- Elliot ------------------ Endo --------------- Gravenberch

Doak ------------------------ Gakpo ----------------- Jota

Win 3-1 (Jota, Mo & Gakpo)

Kelleher

Gomez
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Gravenberch
Jones

Salah
Gakpo
Diaz

No way should Virgil or Mo be starting this. We've got to do a better job of managing their mins on the pitch.

We should ideally be building a core 2nd team that will play EL and cup games. The likes of Kelleher, Quansah, Doak, Elliott, Endo, Tsimikas, Bajectic should start these games and mix in the likes of Gakpo, Jota, Thiago, Gravenberch as required to keep the squad ticking over and build match fitness.

I’d like to see Bobby Clarke get a good chunk of time as well, on for Gravy - load the bench up with a few kids and a couple more seniors - maybe Diaz, Nunez

I think the bench has to be the first team, just in case, for Leicester. Second string with kids on the bench for the home EL games

i think doak needs to start, as he needs a klopp touchline bollocking to help develop him
What he needs to do is work on his awareness, decision making and weaker foot.
Many of his runs look pleasing to the eye, but they don't lead to anything. Leicester are better than LASK and imo he didn't look that great against them.

My line up:

---------------------------Kelleher

Trent-----------Konate----------Quansah--------Tsimikas

-----------------------------Endo
--------------Bajcetic---------------Gravenberch

Elliott------------------Gakpo----------------------Jota

Trent will hopefully be ready to play because he needs some minutes (subbed after 60 for Gomez). Doak on the bench, with Clark and some other senior players.

Last edited:
Swear to god if anyone mentions a 17 year old needs to improve one more fucking time, I’m going to rip someone’s head off…actually I’m going to rip a few people’s heads off.

What he needs to do is work on his awareness, decision making and weaker foot.
Many of his runs look pleasing to the eye, but they don't lead to anything. Leicester are better than LASK and imo he didn't look that great against them.
Exactly. He needs to play against a more difficult opponent so he is found out, and works harder. Playing him against weak sides and youth teams wont develop him. Against LASK he had a decent highlight reel, but it was all worthless

Exactly. He needs to play against a more difficult opponent so he is found out, and works harder. Playing him against weak sides and youth teams wont develop him. Against LASK he had a decent highlight reel, but it was all worthless
That's gonna hurt his confidence even more

My line up:

---------------------------Kelleher

Trent-----------Konate----------Quansah--------Tsimikas

-----------------------------Endo
--------------Bajcetic---------------Gravenberch

Elliott------------------Gakpo----------------------Jota

Trent will hopefully be ready to play because and he needs some minutes (subbed after 60 for Gomez). Doak on the bench, with Clark and some other senior players.

I like that line-up but I think Gakpo should go on the left, I prefer Jota as the central focal point, he did well in that position when Mo was away the season before last I think. Remember those goals against Arsenal ? - was very good. I have this horrible feeling though that Klopp will play Bajcetic at RB again and Elliot in midfield, and Doak in Elliot's position in your lineup. So kind of like against LASK but having Gakpo and Jota starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom