• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Leicester (H) - Worthington Cup - Wed 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good performance and much improved. More to come.

Wataru Endo vs Leicester City 90 mins
1 assist
2 chances created
11 passes into final third
90% pass accuracy
5/5 accurate long balls
4 interceptions
3/9 ground duels won
3/4 aerial duels won
13 ball recoveries

The thunderbolt took away part of the gloss from Endo's pass. I think this is a glimpse of his chances creating ability.

Untitled2.jpg

Watched the post match press conference.
Klopp mentioned that Gomez "wasn't OK" for today, but will be OK for the weekend.
Too early for Trent.
Had to be careful with Bajcetic (managing his minutes probably).

Poor 1st half (again)
Go 1 down (again)
Smash them 2nd half and score 3.
Win 3-1

Becoming a bit of a trend.

Felt like we had 3 goal line clearances as well?

Poor 1st half (again)
Go 1 down (again)
Smash them 2nd half and score 3.
Win 3-1

Becoming a bit of a trend.

Felt like we had 3 goal line clearances as well?
We weren't poor in the first half.

Tell me you didn't watch the game, without telling me you didn't watch the game.

We weren't poor in the first half.

Tell me you didn't watch the game, without telling me you didn't watch the game.

I was at the game. It was poor, we didn’t create enough openings, too slow in possession and we deservedly went behind.

Straight away 2nd half you could feel the intensity levels were raised a few notches….this has been the reoccurring theme all season so far I’m beginning to wonder if Klopp’s telling tell them to start slow.

You shouldn’t need 45mins to work your way into a game and find your rhythm.

I was at the game. It was poor, we didn’t create enough openings, too slow in possession and we deservedly went behind.

Straight away 2nd half you could feel the intensity levels were raised a few notches….this has been the reoccurring theme all season so far I’m beginning to wonder if Klopp’s telling tell them to start slow.

Seems to be the pattern doesn't it ? but there is another take on this, the teams we have fallen behind against - are those that may not be regarded as typically dangerous. The Aston Villa game don't make sense to me - we made them look like shit, and I think that's because we were on our A game for the full length of that game. If Klopp is telling us to start slowly then maybe we should not start the game with an attacking stance that typically allows any team with a lot of energy to come at us harder than we are prepared for which leads to us conceding a goal.

We had 15 shots in the first half.

Had one crack off the bar and at least two goal line clearances.

You must have been sat right at the back of the Kop if that's your take away.

I'm not saying we were perfect. But it felt like an onslaught from watching the game on TV after we went behind.

So much so that even the commentator said the Leicester goal has lived a charmed life in the first 45.

From the look of the highlights (didn’t watch the game), 3-1 flattered Leicester who were lucky not to concede at least 7 - Gakpo should have had a hat trick, Harvey & Doak should have scored as well as Jotta & Slobbers.

Promising again from Doak. His passing when in possession have gotten much better and he keeps the ball going.
The area were he needs to improve is his decision making and not second guessing once he has committed. There were a few incidents last night were he can take on his man and then cross into the box but opts to stop, check and then the area is crowded and he ends up lofting the ball with little effect.
If he can continue on beating his man (as he does 8/10 times it feels like) and puts in a early cross it will be much more dangerous as the defenders are facing their own goal and crosses are much harder to defend. The few times he did that last night it was dangerous every time.
The lofted crossed into a congested defense set and ready with giants like Souttar is pointless.

But that will come. Promising again though. Love the wee man even if it looks like he is about to burst into tears all the time.

Promising again from Doak. His passing when in possession have gotten much better and he keeps the ball going.
The area were he needs to improve is his decision making and not second guessing once he has committed. There were a few incidents last night were he can take on his man and then cross into the box but opts to stop, check and then the area is crowded and he ends up lofting the ball with little effect.
If he can continue on beating his man (as he does 8/10 times it feels like) and puts in a early cross it will be much more dangerous as the defenders are facing their own goal and crosses are much harder to defend. The few times he did that last night it was dangerous every time.
The lofted crossed into a congested defense set and ready with giants like Souttar is pointless.

But that will come. Promising again though. Love the wee man even if it looks like he is about to burst into tears all the time.
He looks like the original 'Angry man'. Becoming a bit annoying actually. That said I though one of his lofted passes was a brilliant bit of improvisation that nearly came off (when he was doubled up on in the box and there was clearly no pass on).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom