• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Palace (H) Sun 14:00

You'd think Olise is going to move in the summer wouldn't you? He was very close to last year

Reactions: dee
Rumoured team I just read on twatter. (I wasn't looking specifically)

Alisson

Bradley
Quansah
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Szobo
Mac A

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

This will have to surfice until @Hansern hath spoken
That's the TIA forecasted team - and I'd be very happy with it.

Last edited:
Good. Kevin, as good as he’s been, isn’t good enough.
Interestingly I saw the PL keeper save percentages (min X games - can't remember how many) a week ago (doesn't include European games) and he was second to just one keeper and then only by a fraction ... to Ali.

He would be a great keeper for most teams and if we didn't have Ali I'd be happy with him as #1. Look at some of the other dross in the PL !

Last edited:
Reactions: dee
Nice. Good faith in Quansah.

I hope Olise isn’t starting for Palace. They started v well against city, albeit at home.
They scored twice against City and I expect them to score again today - but I also expect we'll do a City on them and put 3 or 4 past them.

Interestingly I saw the PL keeper save percentages (min X games - can't remember how many) a week ago (doesn't include European games) and he was second to just one keeper and then only by a fraction ... to Ali.

He would be a great keep for most teams and if we didn't have Ali I'd be happy with him as #1. Look at some of the other dross in the PL !
See my later post. He’s too slow with our counters and his distribution isn’t at the level I’d want for our starting keeper.

We need a good and professional performance resulting in a win and 3 points.
A clean sheet would be lovely as well.

See my later post. He’s too slow with our counters and his distribution isn’t at the level I’d want for our starting keeper.
Not too sure about being slow but yeah - his distribution can be very hit or miss (and was frankly awful vs Atalanta). But really that's like most PL keepers, we're just spoilt having the world's best keeper between the sticks.

Tue about his distribution, but as 2nd fiddle, he's better than most starting keepers
He’s a fantastic number 2 who probably has aspirations to be a 1 somewhere. There’s just levels between him and Ali and we need every single % increase we can get for these last games.

I'll happily take a scrappy 1-0. But something a vit more statement like would be a good tonic for the last few performances.
I was hoping for a statement performance against atalanta, but ah well

I was hoping for a statement performance against atalanta, but ah well
Aye, we are starting to run out of road to step up into something impressive.

I suppose it is impressive that we are in with a shout in any case.

He’s a fantastic number 2 who probably has aspirations to be a 1 somewhere. There’s just levels between him and Ali and we need every single % increase we can get for these last games.
Because of the LC games and Ali’s injuries he’s played almost the same amount as Ali this season. So no need for him to go anywhere, he’s getting good game time and pretty much guaranteed the gloves when Ali moves on (he’s 32 in October)

This is the team. Jones and Konate starts.

Alisson, Bradley, Konate, Virgil, Robertson, Endo, Jones, Mac Allister, Salah, Nunez, Luis Diaz
That'll do too. Hopefully Jones is up to speed but I don't expect him to last the 90 mins (didn't Klopp say how surprised he was at how he tired vs Atalanta)?

Nice team. Should give Macca freedom to play further up. Let’s hope we have to orthodox full backs and show Klopp this is the way.

Palace with a back 5. They have Clyne who will probably play LCB like last time to try and stop Mo cutting in onto his left. This is where an overlapping full back is critical.

Well.. those ITKs are taking massive pies to the face.. seems like Klopp has caught his leak with the rumoured line up being wrong.

I sense a dominate performance.

Such a funny game. Could end the day out of the running in both the league and the EL and the world has caved in of we could be top with 6 games to go with the title in our own hands and everyone is brilliant again.
Fine margins at the top!!

Helluva bench :

Substitutes​

Joe Gomez
    Dominik Szoboszlai
    Cody Gakpo
    Harvey Elliott
    Diogo Jota
    Ryan Gravenberch
    Caoimhin Kelleher
    Trent Alexander-Arnold
    Jarell Quansah

I think we’ll have to score freely today. We’re defending poorly right now and a front three of Olise, Eze and an in form Mateta might cause us problems on the break.

Time for our front three to prove the doubters wrong.

Back
Top Bottom