• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Palace (H) Sun 14:00

I dont think Jota starts so soon after that injury, but a 30 min cameo is likely.

We really need Ali back.

Yeah this isn't the time to rush Jota back. Another sub appearance here, possibly on the plane to Italy with the U21s then ready to go for Everton.

Yeah this isn't the time to rush Jota back. Another sub appearance here, possibly on the plane to Italy with the U21s then ready to go for Everton.
Wait what? Jota with the u21s? Oh hell no.
Dude had zero match fitness and did more yesterday than Nunez.

It's actually quite embarrassing that Klopp had to bring him on like that.
I don't think it was the plan at all.

Absolutely is. He is the most gifted and natural finisher in the squad.. And the forward line is not functioning..

Give him 55 - 60 minutes, use Darwin as an impact..

We need him to hit the ground running asap..

Wait what? Jota with the u21s? Oh hell no.
Dude had zero match fitness and did more yesterday than Nunez.

It's actually quite embarrassing that Klopp had to bring him on like that.
I don't think it was the plan at all.

I guess keeping him back for that week would work. But who are we kidding, we will make the whole squad schlep it over to Italy and lose hugely important prep and rest time ahead of a merseyside derby where Everton will be looking to a) avenge another point deduction and b) be the club to kill out title challenge.

I guess keeping him back for that week would work. But who are we kidding, we will make the whole squad schlep it over to Italy and lose hugely important prep and rest time ahead of a merseyside derby where Everton will be looking to a) avenge another point deduction and b) be the club to kill out title challenge.
Oh I misinterpreted what you meant, you want us to give up against Atalanta?
Nah, if they can score 3 at Anfield, we can score 4 in whatever ground they play in.
If we start the game with urgency, anything is possible.

We play Fulham (A) after Atalanta. Not easy but they seem to be heading to the beach at this time of year and start enjoying their summer hols.

Onwards.

Tough line up to call. I think for me Elliot comes into the middle as Jones is still lacking sharpness and Szobo is struggling.

Kelleher

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Endo
Macca
Elliot

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

I’d have Gomez against their pace.

Too soon for Jota to start. Possibly harsh on Gakpo, could Nunez as an impact sub being a good option too.
It is and easy one for me
Kelleher

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Macca
Elliot

Jota
Nunez
Diaz

No Gomez and No Gakpo

It may be a risk to start Jota, but one worth taking.

If he's recovered, in full training and fit to play then it doesn't make a huge amount of difference if he plays in the first half or the second half. He doesn't need to play the full 90.

I'm sick of us failing to take our chances in the first half of games. Sure, it might well be exactly the same story with Jota there, but it's got to be worth a try.

In other news, "BR" in Brizzle stands for Brendan Rodgers

Good. Kevin, as good as he’s been, isn’t good enough.

I actually had this view earlier in the season (made thread with an 11/10 pun) but i would actually say he’s one of the three players who has kept us in the title battle since Jan. Him, Virgil & Macca.

He was poor against Atalanta, but i can’t think of any mistakes in the league. Not sure Quansah’s error should reflect on him.

He was crap against Fulham which i remember most as i was there but he’s been super solid.

However, Ali is the best in the world so should come back in. Knowing Ali he’ll end up with an assist today!

Kevin has been great and we are lucky to have him. But we do need Ali back, his presence alone would be a boost to that back line. Hopefully Mo and Co have been ln the energy juice over the weekend.

Early on in the season it was like he forgot to save the ball. That may have been in the cup which didn’t impact us at all and he’s steadily improved.

It is that he’s not as quick as Ali with everything. A split second slower to saves, takes three times as long to get up and get the ball moving forward. I also hate watching Virgil take goal kicks. Winds me up.

Ali has this presence of just being where the ball is, and that makes the difficult shots look easy.
The sign of a great goalkeeper.
Hope he is back today.

i worry a rusty Ali might drop a clanger or 2. We'll see though

Ibou dead again then aye

Absolutely need to buy a dominant young CB this summer

Reactions: mom
Rumored team:

Alisson, Bradley, Quansah, Virgil, Robertson, Endo, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Luis Diaz, Salah, Nunez.

Same team 😊

Nice. Good faith in Quansah.

I hope Olise isn’t starting for Palace. They started v well against city, albeit at home.

Nice. Good faith in Quansah.

I hope Olise isn’t starting for Palace. They started v well against city, albeit at home.
I think it's less faith in quansah and more ibou isn't fit, but hopefully it's good for the lads confidence

Back
Top Bottom