• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let's talk about Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp must be reading these boards.
As Klopp continued, he laughed at his experiences with replies on social media, noting in particular the release of Liverpool’s teamsheet ahead of the 2-1 win over West Ham.

“Not a lot of them wanted Curtis on the pitch, not a lot of them wanted Cody on the pitch,” he said.

“When they saw that Joel Matip is playing everybody was ‘game off, I watch the other games’.

“People, they like us usually, it’s just I understand that this season makes people nervous. I understand that.

I think every player in a world-class team needs to be a match-winner - they can perform a functional role most of the time, but they need to truly shine and carry the team through a difficult patch at least a few times every season to warrant their place.

So far Jones proved he can perform a functional role next to Trent Alexander-Arnold; his qualities complement Trent well and for now our new system is in its “honeymoon period,” so to speak, when the opponents didn’t have time to develop effective countermeasures just yet. Harder tests are coming and when teams learn how to negate Trent to some extent, it will be up to the likes of Curtis (or whoever is playing at LCM or RCM) to provide that extra match-winning spark - just doing a functional role won’t be enough. That’s the next level he should be aspiring to.
Is that why Real Madrid let Makelele go?

I was watching Redmen TV's assessment on CJ. They were obviously applauding him whilst going through his stats where he makes a lot of side passes like David Batty. Anyoone remember that crab?
CJ is doing a good job at the moment. I mean Naby had good games too, however, none of us want Naby anymore.
What I fear is the board and Klopp thinking CJ solves a problem and we end up not getting a player we need

The difference between Curtis and Naby is that we didn't pay 50m+ for him, he gets a pittance in wages, he can mostly speak English, and is a local lad.

That said, we absolutely need to make the sort of purchases that leave Curtis as a valuable squad option competing for a spot and not a bang-on starter (unless he goes on to earn it).

The difference between Curtis and Naby is that we didn't pay 50m+ for him, he gets a pittance in wages, he can mostly speak English, and is a local lad.

That said, we absolutely need to make the sort of purchases that leave Curtis as a valuable squad option competing for a spot and not a bang-on starter (unless he goes on to earn it).
Well said the man.

I'm working on a new episode.
"Revenge of the 66th"
....am consulting with a lad that goes by the name of Lucas.

Must say, I thought he could have progessed the ball a lot more in that game in the first half especially. Its like he has been told not to take on players when he clearly has the ability. Bir he scored and did not make serious mistakes like his other team mates.

Much like the rest of the team, played well for first 30 mins, took his goal really nicely but then the whole team loses control of the game...him Harvey both went into hiding and it almost cost us big time & that's Curtis all over.

Tired ?I dont think any of them were tired after 30 mins. What I witnessed was a team completely bored of the opposition and just passing the ball around amongst themselves. Some pqrt of me thinks they did not want to humiliate them,, maybe because some of our players have a good relation with the likes of Kane etc. Curtis was not hiding at anytime in this game, and made himself available, pressed etc. Anyone that says he was hiding suggests agenda against him. We win games when Curtis plays.

Agree. IMO one or two on here were heavily overpraising Curtis earlier this season based on what he was (or, more to the point, wasn't) producing on the pitch, but credit where it's due - his recent form has been good and this was an example of that.

20230501-094218.jpg

Agree. IMO one or two on here were heavily overpraising Curtis earlier this season based on what he was (or, more to the point, wasn't) producing on the pitch, but credit where it's due - his recent form has been good and this was an example of that.
I’ve never shied from over-praising a Liverpool player. I do whinge when some think other average players, such as Mount and Gallagher, are better and routinely making excuses for them when that view is challenged.

I have been one of his biggest critics, and I am happy he is making me eat my words. His change in fortune maybe down to Klopp realising he was playing him slightly out of position in a more advanced role.
Don't get me wrong I'd still sell him if a decent offer came in. However, I'd rather keep CJ than buy Gallagher

Last edited:
I think that’s fair enough. I know that there were people a few seasons ago who would happily have sold Henderson.

He was terrific again yesterday. A couple of us at the brewery had him as MOTM.

I worry about him reaggravating the injury as he plays so much down the stretch for us. But he's easily been our best midfielder over the past month.

Not to be the Debbie downer but at various stages of the season our youngest midfielders have coincidentally been our best midfielders. It’s almost like it’s easy to stand out beside senior players who are done.

That being said I’m impressed with the effort Curtis is putting in, i don’t remember him chasing down the opposition keeper late in the game before. If he can run his nuts off and stay fit that’s half the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom