• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Curtis Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jones gets games, guarantee you will see major improvements to the point where he is better than all of them.
Not often I'd be willing to wager my life savings on something, but this would be 1 of those times.

You either play Jones and develop him or you sell him and take the £20-£30m to re-invest.

The question is - will we get someone better and potentially homegrown without having to add significant additional funds.

The problem we have is, over the last year, we’re neither playing him or looking to sell.

Yes, and he IS a squad player, which means he plays a lot when we have lots of injuries.

Be annoyed that we have injuries so often, and the rest of our midfield is in a state, don't be annoyed at the 21 year old who is just coming back from injury and has done a decent, if not great job in a couple different positions.
Never been annoyed with Curtis Jones. I love the young Scouser, I also loved Minamino 'Cup Destroyer' and at the moment I don't see that much difference between the two players that's all I'm saying.

Hopefully Jones will be here for a long time. If you stay at Liverpool for a long time and your nickname is not Ox or Naby, it means you're probably a decent and good enough, injury free player.

I really dont see the pressing issue with selling Jones or the notion that he has to be in the top tier of talents in his age group to deserve being in the squad.
He is a talented player. I dont think that can be disputed. His issue has maybe been that he doesnt have a fixed position and that he has been unavailable for important parts of the season and his development.
But, he's definitely someone we should keep in the squad going forward. A big reshuffle in midfield is coming and we have no pressing need to get rid of him. He doesnt need to be a top talent to be able to do a great job for us as a squad player. I'd more interested to see how he can develop then trying to replace him.

Of course everything depends on how well he will do from now on. So far in his career, I don’t think you could really say that giving him playing time has hindered us in any way - he came into the team usually when we had no better option anyway and did his best to fit in. I cannot remember a time when I thought “Jones is stealing minutes from another more deserving player” and I don’t feel particularly disappointed when I see his name on the teamsheet. He might not score or dominate in his position, but I know every time he plays he will add something and will not
hide.
I agree that he's rarely keeping a better option out of the team. But that's not because he's Liverpool standard. It's because we've allowed our midfield to rot and the standard has dropped considerably. The fact that we're relying on players like Harvey and Jones as regulars is precisely why we're struggling against mediocre opposition. These players wouldn't look out of place at a mid-table club. Now, I'm not saying that there's no hope for them, but the problem is they've been forced to play much bigger roles than they're ready for.

You are either the most deluded person I've ever come across or the best wum I've come across
Either way.... You make me laugh

Neither delueded, nor a WUM.

I actually believe that the future is going to be a midfield of Curtis, Jude, and one other strong powerful youngster.
Like I said - very hard to find a 6ft guy with the skills of Curtis, what he is not good at - are things he can learn. But I think he is already better than most, - I would not mind if someone found the stats of the games we have played when he has started for us during his time at Liverpool, but also take into account what happens after he is taken off. I know from memory during the pandemic season - we lost at least 3 games straight after he was taken off. I wonder if Klopp is thinking the following for the future - when it comes to attack and midfield:

Diaz/Jt ,,,,Nunez,,,,Salah/Elliot
Curtis --------- Jude
Bajcetic

Or more attacking minded games:

--Carvalho/Jt--
Curtis -------Jude

yeah - that works for me.

MORON

I actually believe that the future is going to be a midfield of Curtis, Jude, and one other strong powerful youngster.
Like I said - very hard to find a 6ft guy with the skills of Curtis, what he is not good at - are things he can learn. But I think he is already better than most, - I would not mind if someone found the stats of the games we have played when he has started for us during his time at Liverpool, but also take into account what happens after he is taken off. I know from memory during the pandemic season - we lost at least 3 games straight after he was taken off. I wonder if Klopp is thinking the following for the future - when it comes to attack and midfield:

Curtis --------- Jude
Bajcetic

--Carvalho/Jt--
Curtis -------Jude

MORON

If Curtis in the future is good enough to play next to Jude Bellingham then I ain't got no arguments with that. I hope he can get to those levels on a consistent basis.

I still maintain that unless you're an elite wonderkid like Trent that it's harder to establish yourself at a club like Liverpool then it would be at a lesser team. Ironically that's the reason why Bellingham is probably excelling at Dortmund because he's playing in a less pressurized team/league where youth is valued.

If Jones can climb and become a first team regular then he would have some it the hard way.

Curtis --------- Jude
Bajcetic

--Carvalho/Jt--
Curtis -------Jude

MORON
See you're doing it again lol

Comedy gold. You must be a professional stand up comedian. Seriously if you arent doing it for a living then you are in the wrong trade

An astute football fan you aren't though but hell that doesn't matter you just never change and keep writing this stuff :):):):):):)

For those who, like me, think Jones' ceiling isn't more than a utility player for us, that's hardly a criticism. To be a useful, versatile squad player in a team of our ambitions requires quality.

I just haven't seen enough to think he will develop into a fully fledged starter who will meaningfully move our team forward. And that's fine, provided we bring in players who will.

It's just a matter of what Curtis' ambitions are and whether he'll eventually want to leave on search of minutes and to see if he can become a starter elsewhere.

Time for the lad to repay the good faith the clubs shown in him and start performing like a Liverpool player.

He has something, as many have said, his problem is finding a nailed position, or showing he's versatile enough to perform "well" consistently in different positions. He's been too up and down with his performance, yet when he's been very good he's looked a good fit and he clearly has game intelligence and quality, while also possessing a few habits that are holding him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom