• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let's talk about Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Fred has given more blow jobs than Velma and Daphne combined.

*can’t believe my first post in over a year is about which Scooby Doo character sucks most cock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were they on Velma?

Last edited:
Tbh he’s putting in a very strong claim to be a regular starter or at least in the first subs you bring on.

His big question mark is can he stay fit now.

I think it's a no brainer to keep jones.

That said, more damning is the fact that anyone, and I mean anyone, with a bit of life in their legs and an appetite to make a name for themselves is the best midfielder in our system, next to our two dead-legged veterans.

He is the best midfielder at the club right now. He is still very young for a midfielder. I hope next season we buy enough midfielders so that we don't have to rely on Jones starting every game. Not because I don't rate Jones. But given his injury troubles, he should be given the time to develop at his own pace.

I didn't think he looked as good today but those stats speak for themselves. And he still looked far better than Fabs, Hendo, or Thiago.
He was ok, keeps the ball well and his endeavour in winning ball back goes unnoticed at times, far more pleasing on the eye than Fab and Hendo will be from now on, those 2 are genuinely finished…even when we play well and win games those 2 still look shit.

He is the best midfielder at the club right now. He is still very young for a midfielder. I hope next season we buy enough midfielders so that we don't have to rely on Jones starting every game. Not because I don't rate Jones. But given his injury troubles, he should be given the time to develop at his own pace.

Mofo’s acting like they forgot about DreTAA.

Tbh he’s putting in a very strong claim to be a regular starter or at least in the first subs you bring on.

His big question mark is can he stay fit now.

Good - because he has to be registered as a home grown player in the squad of 25 next season

He was ok, keeps the ball well and his endeavour in winning ball back goes unnoticed at times, far more pleasing on the eye than Fab and Hendo will be from now on, those 2 are genuinely finished…even when we play well and win games those 2 still look shit.

I think this is a major part of the problem we have, he looks better than Hendo/Fabinho but that's a relatively low bar to get over now. He's started 5 in a row and I'd assume starts the next game unless he requires a rest. But I'm not convinced he's good enough to start regularly.

I think this is a major part of the problem we have, he looks better than Hendo/Fabinho but that's a relatively low bar to get over now. He's started 5 in a row and I'd assume starts the next game unless he requires a rest. But I'm not convinced he's good enough to start regularly.
We’ve drawn 2 and won 3 (last 3) with him starting.

He’s more than good enough.

Of course he's good enough. I wonder which team half of you are watching most of the time. He's very technically capable, it's the injuries and his mindset that are the known unknowns here, and if he's sorted all that out then he should start.

As for the 'if we buy three better midfielders then he won't be starting' tautisms, behave captain obvious. Of course that's the case, and of course we won't. If we buy a better keeper than Ali, if we buy another left sided winger, if FSG have optimised an AI to win the league and it becomes sentient and rinses all their other businesses in this nobel pursuit. If if if my arse.

Curtis played well last night and he gives us something that we currently doesnt have in midfield. His work rate impressed me last night and there has never been a question about his technical ability. Hopefully he stays fit for the rest of the season and continues to improve.

Back on-topic though

il_1588xN.3284444818_metz.jpg

I’m not sure you’re making a case of his not being good enough, mate.

Last edited:
If we want to win leagues, Curtis Jones isn’t one you turn to start the majority of games. Is he our second best midfielder this season? Yes. But would you start him ahead of Badger? I wouldn’t. The likely inbound midfielders will be higher quality which pushes him further down the pecking order.

I dunno what I’m saying (for a change). Would I keep him ahead of Milner and Hendo? Deffo. Is he the messiah? Nah.

If we want to win leagues, Curtis Jones isn’t one you turn to start the majority of games. Is he our second best midfielder this season? Yes. But would you start him ahead of Badger? I wouldn’t. The likely inbound midfielders will be higher quality which pushes him further down the pecking order.

I dunno what I’m saying (for a change). Would I keep him ahead of Milner and Hendo? Deffo. Is he the messiah? Nah.

I'm not sure many people would say you could win a league with Gini or Hendo ...
I'm not seeing CuJo will ever be at that level, but our midfield has never needed greatness in the Klopp era.
Maybe that changes with Jude?

As for Cujo - thought he was average yesterday, but still glad he's getting minutes and building up his confidence and understanding of what he has to do to be a bigger contributor next year.

Depending on who’s beside him he might be.
Jones, TAA and Jude?

I overall agree with the idea behind this, but if Jones keeps going from strength to strength, who knows?

For me I'd still like him to be first backup, rather than consistent starter. I like him, but he's not done enough yet the faith

I thought he was average in a below average midfield.
That's a fair assessment.

I've noticed we've had ridiculous amounts of possession/play an obscene amount of passes before we go anywhere.

73% yesterday, 850 passes and we need a corner to win the game.

82% against Forest, 650 passes and we needed 3 set plays to score our goals.

Leeds was more like it with similar stats.

Depending on who’s beside him he might be.
Jones, TAA and Jude?
Trent won’t be the midfielder everyone is predicting. He will remain the right quarter back so he’s out of the equation.

The main middle trio for next season should be new midfielder 1, new midfielder 2 and Badger. Jones in first or second backup.

Nobody is despite all hoohah about a certain English player who plays in Germany.

That's a fair assessment.

I've noticed we've had ridiculous amounts of possession/play an obscene amount of passes before we go anywhere.

73% yesterday, 850 passes and we need a corner to win the game.

82% against Forest, 650 passes and we needed 3 set plays to score our goals.

Leeds was more like it with similar stats.

Well, that was a large part of our game when we came 2nd and won titles. When teams put 10 men behind a ball, there aren't going to be many openings, so we resort to set plays. My annoyance was that we weren't doing that earlier in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom