• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton (A) - 24 April 2024 - Premier League

I guess the Donkey will lead the line for next few game. I wonder if it'll be Diaz or Gakpo alongside on the left. I'd possibly look to Gakpo and give him a welcome boost of confidence. Nothing worse than playing well and losing your spot (could say same about Diaz, but lesser extent IMO).

I'd think we'll see:

Ali

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Macca
Jones / Elliot

Salah / Diaz (i'd prefer to see Diaz on the right, but let's add some realism to the line up)
Nunez
Gakpo

Gapko has done well of late, but I'd say Diaz is more direct and harder to defend against. I know his end product is as hit and miss as the rest, but he makes space and puts defenders on the back foot. The bigger decision is whether it's Gapko or Nunez IMO.

I guess Danns is going to get minutes now.
a73c2cb1c7a668b4342ab754db9b932a98f7fd51_2_690x388.jpeg

Gapko has done well of late, but I'd say Diaz is more direct and harder to defend against. I know his end product is as hit and miss as the rest, but he makes space and puts defenders on the back foot. The bigger decision is whether it's Gapko or Nunez IMO.

Maybe, but Gakpo's upturn in form has come from being on the left where I guess there is a) less responsibility on scoring and b) more natural ability to drop deep, get the ball and run with it. I would hope that if we do start him it is on the left so he can build some rhythm.

Didn’t we have a jota thread ages ago where loads of people were happy to sell him at the right price because he’s good but too injury prone.

Then he got fit and played fantastically for a short period and loads of people were going on about how good he was, mocking those who wanted to sell, before another lengthy injury set in.

Group A is correct unless Jota is resurrected and leads us to the title

Didn’t we have a jota thread ages ago where loads of people were happy to sell him at the right price because he’s good but too injury prone.

Then he got fit and played fantastically for a short period and loads of people were going on about how good he was, mocking those who wanted to sell, before another lengthy injury set in.

We outed the whole midfield last summer and may need to do the same to the attack this.

It's not going to be possible to replace 3 strikers in one summer, just not realistic especially when the midfield rebuild is still work inprogress. Will be a case of 2 out of 5 I suspect.

Tbf I was in both camps. Have always loved him but was willing to sell if the money were right.

Much like Sturridge, I've just gotta think that our medical team can melt down one of our healthy, shit players for parts though and rebuild Jota.

Are you fucking kidding me? Is Jota really out?
Edit FFS...
Don't they do injections anymore?

Season over.

Another do or die game for jurgens tricky reds, so you know it's gonna be a draw

We are going to fucking muller these cunts into next week. They’re so shite even Nunez and Salah will get shit loads.

Arsenal have a level of team spirit we haven’t shown in 2 seasons. Our only hope is Spurs playing that fixture like it’s their cup final.

Everyone thinking it'll be a walkover later, I don't see it against us. I know they were shite against Chelsea and others, they've been solid in other games and have a few players capable of an upset.

Back
Top Bottom