• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
See what you whining bitches did.

Now we are going to lose Trent for pre-season

You have misread the tone of this conversation.

We want Southgate to not select TAA so that we can continue whining, bitching, and abusing him for not selecting TAA.

The charismatic Southgate has hinted that Trent will be tried in midfield in one of the upcoming friendlies.

Which would be interesting enough if it wasn’t in a Southgate system.

If we are eventually going to move TAA into midfield then James would be great for our system ... and he's a better defender than Trent.

I think its a mistake to leave out Lingard. Also i dont get why so many of you are against Trippier, in the last tournament I thought he was excellent and one of Englands best players.

I dont like Southgate, think he is a coward tactician, but nothing wrong with having all of those right backs. They have all been excellent.

Depends how Southgate intends to set up. If he's going to play three at the back, of whom the furthest right will be Walker, fair enough. If he's going with a back four it's too many, however excellent each of them may have been.

It would be interesting to see this line up:

------------------------Pickford

Trippier----Maguire------Stones-----Chilwell

-------Trent------------Rice---------Hendo

Sterling------------Kane--------Rashford

I really hope Trent gets a go at playing midfield on England's dollar. If it works out, brilliant, that's another option for Klopp.

Can they really afford to drop Foden?

I'd go with

Hendo #2

Walker
Maguire
Stones
Chilwell

Trent
Rice
Hendo #1

Foden

Kane
DCL

So seems like it's just the best keeper, defenders, midfielders and strikers left to decide upon a couple of weeks before the tournament. It's coming home. Got it.

Kane can play like Bobby - good passing range, good work rate and can be as dangerous ...
But we all know Southgate will play 5-2-3 or something
With players like Grealish, Rashford, Sterling and Sancho in the squad he's not going to play with two CF.

This is the problem with having no discernible system or set of tactics - you're constantly in the process of trying to pick the best / most in form individuals as well as satisfying other peoples perceptions of what that set of players looks like too.

This is the problem with having no discernible system or set of tactics - you're constantly in the process of trying to pick the best / most in form individuals as well as satisfying other peoples perceptions of what that set of players looks like too.
A bit unrelated maybe, but Spain's team between 2008-2012 was probably the most organised national team in recent history. Only rivaled by France.
Left out players like Raul, Joaquin, Morientes, Reyes, Ibanez etc to have players that fit into their system.

What?! Neither Sterling nor Rashford should be starting on current form.

Aaah, Good to have England fans back:

England fans boo players taking the knee at the Riverside Stadium

The FA via Getty Images
By Tom Doyle
42 minutes ago
E
ngland and Austria players were met with a mixture of loud boos and applause as they took the knee before Wednesday’s European Championship warm-up friendly at the Riverside Stadium.

Gareth Southgate’s England hosted Austria in the first of two warm-up games in Middlesbrough ahead of this summer’s Euros, with the Three Lions also set to face Romania at the Riverside on Sunday.

After renditions of ‘Football’s Coming Home’ and the national anthems, there were audible jeers as the players took the knee before kick-off - the first time an England side have made the anti-racism gesture in front of a home crowd.

Watching the England game.
Trent has been a bit anonymous, is not being allowed to attack like he's used to.

So this game has a load of players who been rejected from the EC Squad.
That's a bit out of order, poor lads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom