• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

CL Draw. Thursday 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, Midtjylland. KHL to send live streams from outside the stadium for 48 hours
Phew!
Untitled.jpg

Champions of English Premier League, Champions of Dutch Eredivisie, 2nd runner up of Serie A with almost 100 goals in the league, Champions of Danish Superliga.

Untitled.jpg

I'd rather Porto and Olympiaccos.

But Ajax have lost a lot of players. Atalanta will be tougher.

FC Mittyland is also a good draw (I think).

That's a great draw for us. NL, DK and ITA as the furthest away. As well as no top rated team (a Barca or Atletico for example). Brilliant.

This guy is or has recently been employed by 3 out of the 4 teams in the group. The throw-ins are going to be some tactical battle...

We need a report from KHL.

How do you pronounce that???
Midt-jy-land. I don't know how to explain it.. but Midget-land is not far off really in terms of pronunciation.

The Wolves (their nickname) is a pretty fun team to watch at the moment. And whilst we shouldn't have too many problems beating them I guess we are at least in for some entertaining games.

Pione Sisto is their starman - on paper at least. However he has struggled to get his career back on track after he had a fall-out with Celta. Still finding his feet but on his day he'll be a handful.

They have a few above decent Brazilians, LB Paulinho and AM Evander and a very interesting young holding midfielder from Sweden with the wonderful name; Jens-Lys Cajuste. Tall, calm and composed. Could turn into a real player one day.

Sisto, Anders Dreyer and Mabil are their main wingers - with highly rated youngster Gustav Isaksen as their 4th choice. A pacy flok - skilled too - and they will to some extent cause problems out wide for all in their group.

Their best player overall is probably 27-year-old defender Alexander Scholz. Powerful, pacy, strong and skilled. I really think he could end up in a Top 6-8 club in the best European leagues. Alongside him another strong character in 28-year-old Erik Sviatchenko, former Celtic-player. Not as pacy as Scholz and could end in trouble against Mane/Salah. But physically he'd win most duels.

Their main weakness is their striker. Sory Kaba. For all his physical acumen, he is simply not good enough on the ball. Will win headers and intense physical duels but is often positioned wrong or making the wrong runs. FCM might buy a player for this role before the window shuts mind.

Alongside Cajuste in central is another very decent player in 22-year-old Nigerian Frank Oyenka. Athletic, fast, strong, dynamic and technical sound too.

Summed up;
I think we'll beat them, twice, but it won't necessarily be easy - and especially at their place it could become intense why we need to be on our toes. FCM could beat Ajax and perhaps upset Atalanta too. 8-1 in total against the champions from Switzerland and Czech is not without merit.

In terms of current class they are probably a bit like Genk/RB Salzburg from last season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom