• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just fake news excuses. If he knew his 26 he would have named it, then named a few reserve picks in case of injury (inshallah let it be) in the finals. Like every other manager in the world does. He didn't because he's a pussy and hasn't worked up the courage to make a decision yet, because he's petrified of the criticism heading his way.

That's just fake news excuses. If he knew his 26 he would have named it, then named a few reserve picks in case of injury (inshallah let it be) in the finals. Like every other manager in the world does. He didn't because he's a pussy and hasn't worked up the courage to make a decision yet, because he's petrified of the criticism heading his way.
He'll only get criticism if Trent somehow doesn't make the final squad. I don't think he can get much else wrong other than that.

I think I'm right in saying he's the only manager so far who hasn't just picked his final 26. This pratting about picking 33 players just makes him look inept, indecisive and confused. He's been England manager for quite a few years, he knows these players very, very well, he watches them play every week, he knows their strengths and weaknesses......not picking his final 26 now just makes him look weak.
Well 3 English teams in two finals this week means there could well be an injury or two no?

Somewhat unrelated, but why did Ward choose to go to Leicester of all teams after having a good season at Huddersfield?
He's made 12 appearance for them in 3 seasons, zero in the Prem.

Somewhat unrelated, but why did Ward choose to go to Leicester of all teams after having a good season at Huddersfield?

Good question. Not somewhere to go if you intend on playing.

As I recall, when Ward signed for Leicester, it was expected that Schmeichel was going to be sold, but then he decided to stay at Leicester. The better question is perhaps why Ward then chose to stay at Leicester.

I think his granny is most certainly Irish, he should tear up his passport, rejoin the EU with a crisp new Irish passport and hope to get a place in the Irish team*.

*He will need to fight FIFA and UEFA about the whole having international caps with England thing, but fuck those guys.

Southgate's penalty against the Jairmens at a previous Euros tournament comes to mind. Once a bottler, always a bottler.

Greenwood has provided a note from his doctor and pulled out. Hahaha you love to see it. For a scum player you have to admire his bollocks.

Don't know about full support exactly (it is Scotland after all) but I certainly won't be crying into my beer if Robbo comes steaming up for a corner and slams the winning goal in.

Don't know about full support exactly (it is Scotland after all) but I certainly won't be crying into my beer if Robbo comes steaming up for a corner and slams the winning goal in.

What if his momentum takes him on straight into Pickford's planted ankle? Yeah thought so, you'd be throwing your beer into the air and celebrating like a lunatic.

I have downloaded a 442 wallchart. Now to print it and set up the Euro 2020 command centre.

At this rate, Wales likely to have more LFC players than England.
Southgate couid have so many excuses to include him. Walker can be part of CBs, since they may play 3 at the back especially with Maguire not fully fit. Trent can possibly be used in RW/CM but guess he just doesn’t fancy him.
He better win the Euros or they will always come to this.

Obviously i think Trent is the pick of the bunch but from Southgates pov two of his right back options were in the champions league final, another won la liga. It’s difficult for him to go against that

That's a fair point and I must admit it hadn't occurred to me but ultimately, if that's how he's approached the question, isn't it a bit of a copout? Whatever those players' teams might have won, doesn't he have the responsibility of looking honestly at what they bring to the table individually?

I think his granny is most certainly Irish, he should tear up his passport, rejoin the EU with a crisp new Irish passport and hope to get a place in the Irish team*.

*He will need to fight FIFA and UEFA about the whole having international caps with England thing, but fuck those guys.
I may be wrong, but I think he hasn't played for England since Brexit, so maybe he can make a case that due to border changes he can rescind his national allegiance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom