• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool's rising star Conor Bradley is mourning the death of his father. Bradley has been playing amid the background of his dad, Joe, bravely battling serious illness. His passing was confirmed on Saturday, just three days after a coming-of-age performance from the 20-year-old defender in the Premier League.

Hopefully his da got to see him against Chelsea and told him what he thought, that would be a nice thing to hang on to.

On a serious question guys, it is my belief that we need to win this game, not draw but win it to actually be on top of City all the way through to the end. I don't think we should under any circumstances play for the draw, and we should only play to win this this game. So with that in mind - I don't think we should play it safe, and unless its the last few seconds of the game and the score is even - we should be fighting for the win. If we go back to our 1 point losses of the league - I have always put it down to games we have drawn - especially that first 1 point draw - where draws against Everton and others away from home cost us. I really hope we go for it.

I have to believe that Bradley is back in Northern Ireland to be with his family. I know that Alisson went through the same but his country isn't an hour away by air.
Hopefully Szobo wakes up tomorrow feeling better and can make it down to London and join the squad but I kinda doubt it.

So I'd go with the following team.

Alisson

Trent/ Gomez
Konate
Van Dijk
Gomez / Robbo

Macca
Gravenberch/Trent
Jones

Jota
Nunez
Diaz

Alternatively, switch Gomez to right back, move Trent up to midfield and play Robbo.

It Szobo doesn’t travel it’s a huge game for one of Gravy or Elliot in that slot.

Not ideal to be without Salah, Szobo, Endo and Bradley. But we have the squad to do it if we’re clinical. Maybe Szobo being out increases likelihood of Thiago being used.

I think based on these late fitness changes we’ll see

Ali

Trent
Ibu
Virgil
Gomez

Macca
Jones
Gravy

Diaz
Jota
Nunez

I would also not be surprised to see Robbo come on for Gravy with Gomez switched right and Trent central later on.

Ali

Trent
Ibu
Virgil
Gomez

Macca
Jones
Gravy

Diaz
Jota
Nunez

I would also not be surprised to see Robbo come on for Gravy with Gomez switched right and Trent central later on.
boondocks-smarter.gif

Ali

Trent
Ibu
Virgil
Gomez

Macca
Jones
Gravy

Diaz
Jota
Nunez

Most likely scenario. Not good at all that we lose the pressing and energy that Dom brings. Gonna miss that box to box element.

Most likely scenario. Not good at all that we lose the pressing and energy that Dom brings. Gonna miss that box to box element.

true, but Elliot does cover a hell of a lot of ground. I think I’d like him as part of an attacking line up to keep Arsenal‘s midfield of Havertz & Odegaard on the back foot.

If Szobo is really out then that's devastating. Elliott can't match him in any capacity and it greatly degrades our midfield. There's no way Thiago is starting so even if a rusty Thiago can make the pitch it'll not be as a starter otherwise Thiago-Jones-Mac would be a good alternative.

Ditto Bradders being out (sorry for your loss lad) reducing our exciting options at RB/MF.

That said note the outlet that made this claim (Szobo) is Anfield Talk. With other outlets just repeating their claim with no sources named. Hopefully there is another reason for his not being seen with the squad.

When I've seen the Arse, in the first 20m, they're unplayable, creating chance after chance, then slow down, and by the 2nd half they're all out of gas and in the last 20m, they're struggling.
They're goanna be after revenge so I'd like us to be compact in the 1st half and then go for it in the 2nd half when they're all tired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom