• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 games for us, not sure I can judge based on Div 1 games. I don't think anyone is saying it's a cup final or league decider, but it is our toughest game since City away hence why start with our strongest available 11.
Well no I literally just posted '6 starts and 3 subs for us (555 mins) this season', so 9 games. And there is argument to be had that he (currently, until Trent is back up to speed) is in our strongest XI at this moment in time.

Well no I literally just posted '6 starts and 3 subs for us (555 mins) this season', so 9 games. And there is argument to be had that he (currently, until Trent is back up to speed) is in our strongest XI at this moment in time.
5 or 6, whatever full games I have seen as I said and only 2 of those in PL. Trent has only had what? 3 weeks out, yesterday's game was his game to get up to speed.
Like I said, not sure he needs anymore games to get going unless it's down to Klopp's preference over whom he prefers at RB for this game.

Klopp was a bit coy regarding Mo.
He got injured two weeks ago.
Have a feeling that he might be involved on Sunday.

Nunez played 90 mins and so did Diaz...

So who's the sacrificial lamb?

Gosh, in many ways I'd want to start Bradley and bring TAA off the bench to deal with a tired (Martinelli) or Trossard. But I reckon Kloppo will go the other way around. TAA for 70mins. Bradley for 20.

Gosh, in many ways I'd want to start Bradley and bring TAA off the bench to deal with a tired (Martinelli) or Trossard. But I reckon Kloppo will go the other way around. TAA for 70mins. Bradley for 20.
I agree, we didn't play well in the first half of that Arsenal game in the FA cup. If it wasn't for Konate we probably would have conceded a goal or two. We obviously have a stronger team now because Szobo, Salah and Van Dijk didn't play, meaning it could be a totally different game.
Despite all this, either convince Trent to be a bit more defensive minded against Martinelli or play Bradders and either bench Trent until he's 100% or move him up the field.

Mo on the bench? Is this the League cup?
Well we have just put on our display of the season, probably one of the display of the Klopp era........without him & it isn't really any surprise considering another one of our displays of the Klopp era (smashing Barca), we also did without him.

Hit Norwich for 5 (couldv'e been 10), hit Bournemouth for 4 (could've been 10). I'd say we're doing alright and at times looking more fluid.

Unchanged. If you lost your place cos you got injured or fucked off to africa you'll have to wait to win it back. We've just scored nine hundred goals in January cos some new kid took his chance and the chaotic front three are playing with the kind of freedom usually reserved for radicalised American racists. Keep everything the same.

Well we have just put on our display of the season, probably one of the display of the Klopp era........without him & it isn't really any surprise considering another one of our displays of the Klopp era (smashing Barca), we also did without him.

Hit Norwich for 5 (couldv'e been 10), hit Bournemouth for 4 (could've been 10). I'd say we're doing alright and at times looking more fluid.

Remember this:

I have a weird feeling that we're gonna perform a lot better when Salah is away.
Not in any way saying that Salah is a problem, but it feels like the type of discussion that we'll have when he's off.
Would be typical if we just went on a crazy win streak and @binomial starts a thread with the topic being "Do we even need Salah?"

Then Salah comes back and everyone turns to shit again.

Yep that's how imagine the story goes

Start a thread!

Remember this:

Start a thread!
You cover your tracks tidily Modo, I'm almost impressed. Say one thing in one thread, then the complete opposite in the other......make a note of the 2 and keep tucked away until such time you need to show either in evidence that you're some guru freak and BAM! We arrive at this point ;)

You cover your tracks tidily Modo, I'm almost impressed. Say one thing in one thread, then the complete opposite in the other......make a note of the 2 and keep tucked away until such time you need to show either in evidence that your some guru freak and BAM! We arrive at this point ;)
It's not about what I want, I agree with @Woland. Don't change a fucking thing.
I'm just saying that I don't think I've ever seen Salah get benched unless it's obvious that he's being rested cause it's a midweek cup game.

It's not about what I want, I agree with @Woland. Don't change a fucking thing.
I'm just saying that I don't think I've ever seen Salah get benched unless it's obvious that he's being rested cause it's a midweek cup game.
Tbf he's never had to come back from an injury before (certainly not in his LFC career anyway).

I can understand and stand by those who say same XI, myself I'd only make the 1 change and it's not exactly the worst change you could make. Just nice to see Robbo playing high and wide again which we haven't seen much of the last 12 months....think Diaz has also lost a bit of form in the absence of having those overlapping runs.

Klopp was a bit coy regarding Mo.
He got injured two weeks ago.
Have a feeling that he might be involved on Sunday.

Nunez played 90 mins and so did Diaz...

So who's the sacrificial lamb?

None. Mo won't start.

I agree, we didn't play well in the first half of that Arsenal game in the FA cup. If it wasn't for Konate we probably would have conceded a goal or two. We obviously have a stronger team now because Szobo, Salah and Van Dijk didn't play, meaning it could be a totally different game.
Despite all this, either convince Trent to be a bit more defensive minded against Martinelli or play Bradders and either bench Trent until he's 100% or move him up the field.
The first half was with Trent on the pitch. Bradders came on after 69 mins with the score at 0-0 (Trent stayed on and caused the damage but with Bradley at RB).

Just saying FFS ! ;)

Tbf he's never had to come back from an injury before (certainly not in his LFC career anyway).

I can understand and stand by those who say same XI, myself I'd only make the 1 change and it's not exactly the worst change you could make. Just nice to see Robbo playing high and wide again which we haven't seen much of the last 12 months....think Diaz has also lost a bit of form in the absence of having those overlapping runs.
I think the fact Robbo/Tsimi haven't been at LB has led to more defensive stability (I'd like to know if that is true though @King Binny ? Any stats between the 3) ? Gomez for defensive stability (and he's already nullified Saka once) or Robbo for a more attacking output. I'd go with the former as we don't have any issue scoring goals.

And Diaz was very good yesterday, with the bonus of a goal and an assist. I think his goal came after Robbo came on though, not that he had any involvement.

And Diaz was very good yesterday, with the bonus of a goal and an assist. I think his goal came after Robbo came on though, not that he had any involvement.
Yes pretty sure it did, Robbo coming on allows Diaz to be more involved in and mix up his game rather than just wait out wide for the ball to come to him, do a few stepovers and jinxes before laying it off to Jones or Gomez again.

I think his last min goal at Arsenal in the cup also was down to this?

The first half was with Trent on the pitch. Bradders came on after 69 mins with the score at 0-0 (Trent stayed on and caused the damage but with Bradley at RB).

Just saying FFS ! ;)
hehe thats absolutely true, but for Trent to start we need another...

the-star-forgot-how-to-lamb.gif

I think the fact Robbo/Tsimi haven't been at LB has led to more defensive stability (I'd like to know if that is true though @King Binny ? Any stats between the 3) ? Gomez for defensive stability (and he's already nullified Saka once) or Robbo for a more attacking output. I'd go with the former as we don't have any issue scoring goals.

Appearances as substitute not included:

Untitled.jpg

Details of Robertson's games at LB this season here
Details of Gomez's games at LB this season here
Details of Konstantinos Tsimikas' games at LB this season here

Just saying FFS ! ;)
I may be getting mixed up but I feel certain that when Bradders came on he went to Right Mid

Trent for Szobo for me. Szobo has not been great at passing lately or with free kicks, although pressing has been superb.

I like the idea of Trent and Mac and Gomez sliding in on rotation to Bradley up and wide.

I may be getting mixed up but I feel certain that when Bradders came on he went to Right Mid
Did he? I thought Trent's cross (that the defender turned in) came from Trent in the LM position? I may be way off, at my age my memory does whatever it likes.

Trent will come back in but not in midfield.

Ali
Trent Konate Virgil Gomez
Szobo Macca Jones
Diaz Jota Nunez

Trent v Bradley the only question for me. Rest of the team picks itself.

Trent is the safe play. Bradley might have the bigger upside on current form but is a risk because if he falters it puts him, Trent and Klopp under the spotlight.

I expect Klopp will choose Trent but it could go either way.

Trent v Bradley the only question for me. Rest of the team picks itself.

Trent is the safe play. Bradley might have the bigger upside on current form but is a risk because if he falters it puts him, Trent and Klopp under the spotlight.

I expect Klopp will choose Trent but it could go either way.

If we lose this game it will be the narrative regardless of who starts. If its Bradley we'll say he should have gone with the experience, if its Trent we'll say he should have gone unchanged.

I am thinking of about this "from the best result for us" point of view, Klopp might drop Nunez and Bradley for Gakpo and Trent just to have fresh legs. Trent will be fired to take his position back in the team and I favor angry Nunez coming off the bench to not hit the post and actually score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom