• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only times nerves kick in is when the team sheet comes out and there's no Nunez, Szobo, Virgil, Ali.......so very rarely.

Although a win would feel like we've won the title for a few hours/days at least, I see a draw as a good result.

2 hours and 9 minutes - before the game, win and we will go onto win the title, draw/lose - we ain't winning it.

I’m with Woland, if we settle for draws we will fall short in the title hunt. I’d rather lose in the process of trying to win

When I've seen the Arse, in the first 20m, they're unplayable, creating chance after chance, then slow down, and by the 2nd half they're all out of gas and in the last 20m, they're struggling.
They're goanna be after revenge so I'd like us to be compact in the 1st half and then go for it in the 2nd half when they're all tired

They don’t like being under pressure, we need to make them feel uncomfortable from the first minute.

LFC line up

Alisson, Trent, Virgil, Konate, Gomez, Mac Allister, Jones, Gravenberch, Diaz, Jota, Gakpo.

LFC line up

Alisson, Trent, Virgil, Konate, Gomez, Mac Allister, Jones, Gravenberch, Diaz, Jota, Gakpo.

Shame to see Darwin having to be benched. But our sub options of Nunez, Robertson, Thiago, Elliot are very strong. Even more so if we are ahead early in the second half.

Would like to see Jones as the most advanced of those three, let him run at Rice and cause him problems. Gakpo will drop deep too i imagine.

That line up is not confidence inspiring. The difference without Nunez keeping a backline honest means that players like gravenberch who want space are instead going to be in a very competitive midfield.

I think this is a draw or a loss, but if we can keep it tight we could overturn things.

Gakpo and Grav need to step up and perform at their best, this is what having a squad is for. Games like these where they need to show their reliable options. Simple as that.

Liverpool: Alisson, Gomez, Van Dijk, Konate, Diaz, Mac Allister, Jones, Gakpo, Jota, Gravenberch, Alexander-Arnold.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Thiago, Nunez, Elliott, Robertson, Clark, McConnell, Quansah.

Havertz up top for them as Jesus is out so we should be able to get a win against a 10 man side.

Assume Gampo coming in is a tactical thing to try and control possession a bit more with him dropping into the midfield like Bobby did in the past.

The drop off from Szobo to The Grav re pressing and our general shape is what’s worrying me the most…

Yeah, agreed. Dom is one of the best in the league in pressing and winning the ball. Gonna miss his pace as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom