• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What the fuck. I mean really WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, DB. While some of Rodgers' tactics and player selections have had me baffled, calling for his head is way out of order at this early stage. He said it will take time, and I still have faith in him. Sacking manager after manager is NOT the way forward. It doesn't work. The manager can only do so much.

Since you've asked, what are your details?

I don't need to repeat posts I've been making for the past few months - that's the point! Go and search if you're that bothered, I'm not Stepin Fetchit. The problem with most of the pro-Rodgers people is that they settle for 'I have faith' and 'It'll take time,' which aren't actually substantial arguments. You might disagree with the critics, which is your right, but at least they SAY something rather than just keep announcing they have faith. Mark doesn't do that, LTW doesn't do that, Hansern doesn't do that, but too many do and then they complain about the critics.

He said himself that it would take time. We're not making this shit up, y'know.

Again, what does it mean? I'm not impressed that these vague comments are based on someone else's vague comments. George Osborne says his financial plans will take time - convinced by that, too? Hodgson said his plans would take time at LFC - few accepted that. It's no good just talking in this vague assertions and then expecting people to nod their heads meekly and wander off smiling.

I don't think there's ever been 'instant success' in any top league in the world, with the exception of Chelsea. That took mega, mega bucks to achieve.
Rodgers took over a side that finished outside the top 5 for 3 straight seasons.
He needs time. Is that faith? Partly, maybe, but it's more to do with percentages.
You can see the positives and negatives of Rodger's system but to me the positives, with better players brought in this summer, will far outweigh the negatives.
Challenging for the top 4 or better is the minimum for next season. If not, bye bye Brendan.

I think people are allowed a moan. We're no better off than last season (and crap in the cups) and that's without our best player being suspended for eight games. I know Rodgers sees this as a long term project and he should be afforded time, but we really should be making progress as we go. The only real progress I see this season is that he's blooded some youngsters, like Sterling and Suso, whereas we play similar football, achieve similar results and are not as good at the back as we were last year.

I don't think there's ever been 'instant success' in any top league in the world, with the exception of Chelsea. That took mega, mega bucks to achieve.
Rodgers took over a side that finished outside the top 5 for 3 straight seasons.
He needs time. Is that faith? Partly, maybe, but it's more to do with percentages.
You can see the positives and negatives of Rodger's system but to me the positives, with better players brought in this summer, will far outweigh the negatives.
Challenging for the top 4 or better is the minimum for next season. If not, bye bye Brendan.

Instant success.. Sounds like we havent achieved anything since the swinging 60's.

We have a squad filled with internationals. We have 3 players who are Captains for their country. We have World and European Champions plus semifinalists. A majority of the players are worth more than 10, many of them close to 20 million pounds. We are allways on the top ten turn over and richlist and that is without CL football. We are not Reading just to make that clear.

Rodgers have all the time talked about top four. And this season some of the normal top four contenders have a nightmare season. We have new players, but so have the other teams. I agree with gkmacca when he points out that time is not enough in itself. What time do we need, and what is to be expected during that time?

I believe Rodgers is there as he proved a cheaper solution than many alternatives. he is not a top earner among managers, and he has done allright with limited resources earlier. hence he is a cheap gamble, and we have managed to cut the cost of the squad as well. So we look profitable if any new buyers come to check our books. That again mean that there are someone who will make profit on our rich history without bother to put in a dime themselves. And that gamble might pay off, but I believe we will spend the next 2 years cementing a mid table finish more than clsoing the gap up to the top four.

Again, what does it mean? I'm not impressed that these vague comments are based on someone else's vague comments. George Osborne says his financial plans will take time - convinced by that, too? Hodgson said his plans would take time at LFC - few accepted that. It's no good just talking in this vague assertions and then expecting people to nod their heads meekly and wander off smiling.
I've also stated why we should stick with Rodgers in various other threads. And I wasn't vague about it. This thing of sacking managers after only 6 months is ridiculous. A manager needs to be given a chance. You name me one manager who achieved overnight success (when money was no factor) when he took on the job? Rodgers took over a very poor Liverpool team. If people are expecting miracles, they're deluded.

perhaps i'm wrong but i get the feeling alot of people just don't like rodgers. i'll hold my hands up and say i'd probably fall into that group and to be honest i don't really know why . There's just something about him that gets on my tits . he just doesn't feel like a liverpool manager to me and yes i am aware how ridiculous that statement is .

but anyway that matters fuck all , he's had backing financially and for the best part from the fans , it's up to him and the team now .

Personally I think we are actually heading in the right direction.
The problem in the last few games has not in the main been tactics or who the manager has or has not played. It has been almost exclusively being let down by individual mistakes and performances from senior key players, ones that we thought we could rely on over the last few seasons and on whom we should be able to rely on considering their reputation and the money they are on.
Reina has been culpable of more than his share, Agger and Skrtel have been fucking woeful, and in one of those games where it looked like we would never score unless it was a set piece or a pen, Captain Fantastic strolls up and misses our first penalty, soft as it might have been, since half of you were born, we would have won that fucker if it was scored.
So at the risk of repeating myself, its not the kids, its not the manager, its a bunch of established players who should be hanging their heads in shame.
But, as Dreamy said, this was a season of transition and nobody should have had any high hopes, but the fact that there is this wailing and gnashing of teeth about losing ground on a chance of fourth spot should be taken as a positive and in fact we might be ahead if schedule.
Stop giving Rodgers all this cyber shite every time he apparently gets something wrong its pretty fucking tiresome and driving some people away

regards

Well 50m in two windows is a decent amount is it not ?
Probably closer to 40m, when you offset it against the sales of Kuyt, Aqualani and Adam.

But my point is, Chelsea have probably spent about twice that, on an already strong squad, and they're still struggling to make an impact. For a team looking to compete at that sort of level, a budget of 40m is about what would have expected, for an ailing team like Liverpool. I'd put it at about average.

I've also stated why we should stick with Rodgers in various other threads. And I wasn't vague about it. This thing of sacking managers after only 6 months is ridiculous. A manager needs to be given a chance. You name me one manager who achieved overnight success (when money was no factor) when he took on the job? Rodgers took over a very poor Liverpool team. If people are expecting miracles, they're deluded.

Here we go again with that sad old myth. If the team that he took over really was 'very poor,' it must be fucking shit now.

Miracles? I think you underrate the club slightly.

Well it WAS very fucking poor. I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

Not fucking poor enough not to beat many teams in the top half of the table and get to two cup finals. Unlike this season. Keep rewriting the tablets, Moses.

It wasn't very poor, but it wasn't good enough to challenge for the top 4. The one we have now isn't really much better, but it's a lot younger and cheaper, which is a start in the right direction.

That's exactly what we have to do, build a squad that will challenge in the next few years, and not be hampered by overpaid, past it players, which we had too many of last season. If we manage to add to this squad, and replace older players with better younger ones, we'll be on the right track both financially and on the pitch. Our finances have held us back for too long now(not that we haven't spent money, but that we've spent it extremelly badly), and it looks to me that we are starting to get control of them again.

I'm with DB on this.

Sack the manager? Again? Brilliant idea, I wonder why no one had thought of that one before....

I happen to believe there is a gap between asking serious questions and wanting the manager sacked. Let me be open upfront, I have serious reservations but I dont want the manager sacked immediately or in summer. My reservations are because of certain technical flaws which have been occuring over and over again as Farkmaster highlighted in the other thread. I do understand that this is the managers first season and it will take time to implement his ideas. But do we have the right coaching setup to even implement these ideas. Let us look at his coaching team.

Mike Marsh - First Team Coach

After retiring from playing he was, until recently, on the coaching staff of Southport. In 2008, Northwich Victoria appointed him as their first-team coach. He quit Northwich, to become assistant manager at Bradford Park Avenue in November 2008. Later that month he was appointed caretaker manager of Park Avenue after Dave Cameron resigned following a defeat against bottom-placed Witton Albion; he shared the role with goalkeeping coach Gary Stokes because he had commitments in Spain. Marsh is currently the Head Academy coach of the ambitious Accrington & Rossendale College in East Lancashire, the team competes in the Lancashire F.A under 18 league on a Monday night and a British Colleges Elite league on a Wednesday afternoon. Marsh combined this role with his Academy coaching job at Liverpool F.C (under 16's) and with his Master's football commitments. In May 2011 Liverpool announced he was to move up to coaching the under 18 side. Marsh has since moved up to first team coach at Liverpool FC.

John Achterberg

Played and retired from Tranmere in 2009.

Chris Davies

Davies was captain of Reading’s youth team under Rodgers and was also a Wales youth international.But in 2004 he began studying at Loughborough University and obtained a first class honours degree in sport and exercise science.
He had a stint as an academy coach at New Zealand club Hawke’s Bay United before making the switch to Swansea in 2010.

Colin Pascoe

Most experienced person in our coaching setup. Has been coaching since 2005.

Other than pure faith, there is no hard evidence or pedigree as a player or as a manager/coach that the current setup can deliver results. Mourinho atleast had the Bobby Robson and Barcelona experience. Rafa had the Madrid experience and he also took a sabbatical and interacted with some of the legendary coaches in the game. What we have is a bunch of talented individuals with no big club experience working together. I would be less worried about our situation if we had an experienced setup backing a young manager. Our young manager is actually the most experienced of the lot.

Thank you. A bit of honesty doesn't undermine the 'pro' argument at all, so I don't see why others feel the need to persist with all of the negative hype.
TBF, Macca, you're the one that's constantly criticising the manager.

Not constantly, that's just untrue, but yes, I'm a critic, but what does that have to do with rewriting last season? I don't think you understood what the post was in response to.

I just can't see any improvement from the first game of the season. I'm not one calling for the manager's head, he should be given next season at least but I see no difference to last season under Kenny. Plus his signings, Sturridge apart, look average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom