• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What the fuck. I mean really WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

Will he believe again?
Another poor result and suddenly there are a number of threads asking for this manager of that manager.

Everyone knew from day 1 Rodgers football would take years not months to turn us around. We all knew there would be more downs than ups to start with. Especially in his first season but Jesus Christ.

Already calling for this manager or that manager right now is pathetic.

We've shows some great signs of improvement especially since the Villa game with the Monday game being the only really disappointing result (and even then we missed 2 sitters and a penalty) in a game we dominated for 80 minutes.

With the addition of Sturridge we have looked excellant and while we still have alot of work to do especially at the back Rodgers deserves at least another season before any knives come out.

Please tell me I'm not the only 1 laughing at some of the threads on here today.

I'm with you, Dreamy, but let's not set camps up. The site always goes to shit whenever that happens.
It's already going to shit but the stuff on here today is a new low.

I'm not saying Rodgers is going to go and win the league but he deserves minimum another season after some of the football I've seen this year and the players we are bringing in.

We've shown some signs of improvement in some areas, but in others we haven't addressed a few issues that have been plaguing us since day one, and in the end, we haven't demonstrated any improved results in the league over last year. While I find it premature and unhelpful to pile pressure on the manager, and don't agree that he should be sacked, there's plenty of justification for asking some serious questions.

What players have we brought in that have shown anything that says they'll be something for the future ? Sturridge . That's it . The rest have either been shite (offer whatever excuse you want , they may be valid , but that fact is they've still been shite so far ) or not played alot (coutinho) . Look , they may become something but right now that's just a theory , they've done fuck all to justify this belief that they are bound to be special . Just cause they are young means fuck all , we could have signed 5 Babels .

And this is what wrecks my head at the moment , everything about our club is just a theory . We have a manager who's done fuck all in football and loads of players who we have no guarantees will be successful . It's a plan , a plan 99% of football fans cream themselves over (young "exciting" manager signing loads of young players ) . Fine but we've as much chance of it failing as working . Rodgers has everything to prove .

Anyway there is no point in debating this , rodgers will be here next season regardless , the owners removed a club legend to go down this path , it has to work for them .

Oh and you think this is bad , imagine what it will be like at the start of next season if this one step forwards , one step back rubbish continues .

We've shown some signs of improvement in some areas, but in others we haven't addressed a few issues that have been plaguing us since day one, and in the end, we haven't demonstrated any improved results in the league over last year. While I find it premature and unhelpful to pile pressure on the manager, and don't agree that he should be sacked, there's plenty of justification for asking some serious questions.
Our perfomances have improved the results will follow.

I'd rather took 2 season and played the right way than played like West Brom or Stoke and parked the bus and just hit teams on the break with the pace of Suarez and Sterling even if it meant doing that meant we were 4th or 3rd right now.

The way we played against City, Utd and Arsenal shows me we are moving in the right direction and for the first time in years we are belting all but 1 or 2 of the teams we should be beating.

Of course people can have concerns its natural but talking about up and changing the manager after 20 odd league games is bonkers on every level

Our perfomances have improved the results will follow.

I'd rather took 2 season and played the right way than played like West Brom or Stoke and parked the bus and just hit teams on the break with the pace of Suarez and Sterling even if it meant doing that meant we were 4th or 3rd right now.

The way we played against City, Utd and Arsenal shows me we are moving in the right direction and for the first time in years we are belting all but 1 or 2 of the teams we should be beating.

Of course people can have concerns its natural but talking about up and changing the manager after 20 odd league games is bonkers on every level

I'm all for us playing a good brand of football, but a good brand of football includes doing some of the bread and butter things that every club in this league has to do well. It shouldn't take a full season to be able to have a set piece defense that understands what the marking assignments are and doesn't lose players again and again. I'm not talking about being water tight, because that will never happen because our CBs aren't good enough, I'm talking about competency.

I think Dreamy's telly has a 4 year delay on it. When we were great, he thought we were shite. Now we're totally mediocre, he thinks we're superb. He's probably just watched Benayoun score that goal in the Bernabeu and is wondering what every other fucker on here is on about.

I'm all for us playing a good brand of football, but a good brand of football includes doing some of the bread and butter things that every club in this league has to do well. It shouldn't take a full season to be able to have a set piece defense that understands what the marking assignments are and doesn't lose players again and again. I'm not talking about being water tight, because that will never happen because our CBs aren't good enough, I'm talking about competency.

In fairness marking at set pieces has only been really noticable this season terms of CB's and Rodgers has little options as he doesnt rate Skrtel at the moment and Coates is worse.

I think we'll see new CB signings in the summer

I think Dreamy's telly has a 4 year delay on it. When we were great, he thought we were shite. Now we're totally mediocre, he thinks we're superb. He's probably just watched Benayoun score that goal in the Bernabeu and is wondering what every other fucker on here is on about.
I never said we were great. I said we are playing better football and Rdogers deserves time but good ahead and make a completely irrelevent comment if it helps you pass the day.

When Rafa was hear and we got close, I personally felt while he would flirt with the title he would ultimately never bring it home so thought he needed to go and in the end I think I was proved right. I gave Rafa a long time before finally conceding he couldn't cut it at LFC. Because as Shanks himself said 1st is everything and 2nd is nothing.

But to think we can go from 8th and playing shit football to top 4 and great football in 1 season then our fans really are deluded. It takes time. Will Rodgers bring us the league if given 5 years like Rafa or Houllier before him? I don't know yet. But I do know he deserves at least another f*cking season to show the signs of improvment in our style of play can be built on next season and going forward.

Oh and you think this is bad , imagine what it will be like at the start of next season if this one step forwards , one step back rubbish continues .

And if half way through next season we are in the same position then I would understand.

As for your frustration about all the potential we have brought to the club, well the mistakes of the past are catching up with us and we have no other choice. We don't have the money to buy 5 Sturridges so all we can do is go with youth and see where it takes us. We don't have the money or the CL to attract the Alonso's Mashers or Torres's of old.

On the basis of this season alone, and not their potential, Rodgers signings have been at best a mixed bag.

Borini
Allen
Assaidi
Sahin
Yesil
Sturridge
Coutinho

On the basis of this season alone, and not their potential, Rodgers signings have been at best a mixed bag.

Borini - Injured for the most part after our nightmare opening fixtures
Allen - the biggest disappointment so far but anyone with a little bit of football knowledge can see he will be a star ( my guess is he's exhuasted)
Assaidi - Hard to judge a player who apparently has been injured all season
Şahin - This 1 was disappointing but I doubt anyone who watches German football would have done anything bar wet their pants at us getting him. He just never adapted quick enough
Yesil - He's what 7 years old in a new country? Give the kid a chance.
Sturridge - Nothing short of sensational so far and what I expected Allen to be.
Coutinho - He's been here 15 mins and you putting him in this mixed bag lot??

And let's not forget Rodgers has blooded in very promising players such as Wisdom and Sterling and while some might say so what we havent done that in years and is definitely a bgi plus for me.
Then you also have the obvious up turn in performances from Downing Hendo and Enrique which if nothing else will elevate their price tag come summer if Rodgers decides to cut them loose.

Borini
Allen
Assaidi
Şahin
Yesil
Sturridge
Coutinho

Haven't most managers though? Look at last season, we're only just starting to see good form from Downing and Henderson within the last few months. It does take time, particularly when these players are younger again. Yesil is a kid, he was never brought in to be a first teamer any time soon, I though Sahin looked every bit a classy player but didn't adapt to the physicality quick enough (that's why the loan was a reasonable idea). Assaidi has looked good in what fleeting appearances he's made but there's obviously some issue there. Sturridge is quality, Coutinho just arrived last week (FFS, really?) and Allen & Borini have so far been pretty poor (granted). There's reasons beyond it being a mixed bag, and including a player who's just arrived is, for one, a bit of a poor trick and reminiscent of what Insig posted the other day when Sturridge was injured and Coutinho was making the squad the first time - "So none of Rodgers' signings are guaranteed a first team spot". Really? Are people really that desperate to have a go?

We've been inconsistent and the defensive side of our game needs investment and perhaps a different philosophy but the improvement in the play at times has been obvious and we've put in some good performances and failed to get the rub of the green in others too. It'll take time, the hysterics are as predictable as they are nauseating. I don't think it's fickle to celebrate good performances against City and Arsenal, but I don't think it's harsh to blast us when we capitulate against shite at home either. I can just do without the fickle bullshit of the "fuck him off" attitude every time we lose. People don't want him, they're entitled to express that, but I can't be arsed listening to people get all high and mighty about us acknowledging improvement one week ago, while they're pointing out a defeat as the norm and a good performance against a good side as the blip, "I told you so's" are the fucking bain of this forum. People were quick to point out that City fucked up after our match against them, of course their 6 wins and a draw prior to playing us counts for nothing though.

Borini
Allen
Assaidi
Şahin
Yesil
Sturridge
Coutinho

They have all been Shite except for Sturridge. Coutinho discounted because no one has seen enough of him.

In fact they are so shit, we are now relying on the players he was looking to ship out at the beginning of the season. Yup the 'shit' players that played so poorley it led to the previous managers decline.

The jury is definitely out on Rodgers and anyone who says otherwise, is kidding themselves. He is out of his depth, I want him gone...

Yes, Sahin, Yesil and Assaidi have been "terrible". Really? Why don't people just say Borini and Allen have been poor?

I too am flabbergasted that a kid from Germany bought for buttons hasn't taken the Premiership by storm.

Yes, Şahin, Yesil and Assaidi have been "terrible". Really? Why don't people just say Borini and Allen have been poor?

I too am flabbergasted that a kid from Germany bought for buttons hasn't taken the Premiership by storm.

ok maybe I am being harsh on Yesil, but he hasn't exactly taken the under 21s by storm either.

Another poor result and suddenly there are a number of threads asking for this manager of that manager.

Everyone knew from day 1 Rodgers football would take years not months to turn us around. We all knew there would be more downs than ups to start with. Especially in his first season but Jesus Christ.

Already calling for this manager or that manager right now is pathetic.

We've shows some great signs of improvement especially since the Villa game with the Monday game being the only really disappointing result (and even then we missed 2 sitters and a penalty) in a game we dominated for 80 minutes.

With the addition of Sturridge we have looked excellant and while we still have alot of work to do especially at the back Rodgers deserves at least another season before any knives come out.

Please tell me I'm not the only 1 laughing at some of the threads on here today.

A brief summary of what happened since the Villa game:

Fulham (H) 4-0 - Fantastic response to the poor villa game. Fulham was poor, and made the job easy, but we delievered
Stoke (A) 1-3 - We took the lead we all had said was necessary to win this after 1 minute, and then spent the next 89 being embarrassed and pissed on.
QPR (A) 3-0 - Great game with especially a good midfield for 55 mins or so. Enough to win comfortably.
Sunderland (H) 3-0 - Maybe best performance of the seaosn. Dominating the whole game
Mansfield (A) 2-1 - Who was in PL and who was outside the leagues system? Hard to believe there is such a gap between the teams in a mediocre game. We never dominated and was saved from a huge humiliation. But as people say, who will remember that when we play at Wembley?
Man U (A) 1-2 - They were poor and still controlled us 100%.
Norwich (H) 5-0. Efficient and classy performance against a weak Norwich.
Oldham (A) 2-3 - Humiliated. Really not more to say. Fully deserved to loose agaisnt a league 1 team.
Arsenal (A) 2-2 Encouraging first half were they dominated the play and we created big chances on the counter. Still how we salvage a point there is beyond me. We looked like a beaten up boxer refusing to lay down just hanging in the ropes for the second half.
Man City (A) 2-2 Good performances against a pale City. They were poor, and we dominated. People start talking about our season starts, we are back and Rodgers talks about 4th.
WBA (H) 0-2 - So our season started and yes we are back. Back were we belong. We roll the ball for a lot of the game and creates chances but are beaten by a good margin and have lost 0-5 over the two games against a WBA that we are behind int he league.

So the question is, are those "great" sign of improvement the standard or the exemption? Can you read the list above as progress or decline? One thing is sure, if the list is proof we are heading in the right direction it is going to take many many years before Rodgers turns us around. And that begs another question. Where the hell is the proof that Rodgers is capable of turning anything around? 1 decent season in Swansea, a Swansea that got better when he left? That is the proof people cling on. he made Swansea play some good football in between a pile of shite football. So if there is any potential in there it is probably that we have positioned ourself in where Rodgers capasity lies. He is a midtable manager, and there is nothing suggesting otherwise is it?

I'm with DB on this.

Sack the manager? Again? Brilliant idea, I wonder why no one had thought of that one before....

I love the fact that most teams we dont beat are considered as poor in nearly every game

I love the fact that most teams we dont beat are considered as poor in nearly every game

Nah thats just not true. Stoke were very good, Mansfield looked good, Oldham was at least a class above us and Arsenal run riot on our half for most of the game. However, i claim to know my football well enough to claim City looked poor that day and I was not especially impressed with what united came with.

The boards are busiest when we lose a game which in a way is fairly pathetic.
Lurkers love posting after a defeat too.

The boards are busiest when we lose a game which in a way is fairly pathetic.
Lurkers love posting after a defeat too.

I see why people have a need to relieve some frustration after a game like monday. And it is not that it is unfair critisism after a rare surprising defeat.

Everyone knew from day 1 Rodgers football would take years not months to turn us around.

Did they? Years? How many years? And how do you define 'turn us around'? Challenging for the top four? That surely shouldn't take years - Rodgers himself thought it might be possible in his first season. It can't just be winning things because that didn't need 'turning around'. So what is this multi-year process supposed to achieve? The title? Because if people are going to complain about critics, at least many of these critics manage to come up with substantial arguments. It's about time the fans concentrate and make more of an effort to make THEIR arguments substantive instead of just waffling loftily about some undefined target that demands patience for some undefined period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom