• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Well if the ref thinks that's not a foul but the one that to their equalizer is, then you have the answer to the question: Why are there no English referees officiating at the world cup?

Good thing about Klopp is that you know he going to rip into them about that performance, and get a reaction, which shouldn't be hard to do in the CL Semi final

Was really pissed off at Klopps post match interview. Just stupid excuses for that poor tactical defensive fuck up at the end. The last thing you should do is blame the pitch and then say probably would not have raised the issue if we had won. The players should have known better. Fucks sake !!!

Hands up who really gave a fuck about this?

Got a point and no obvious injuries.

Bingo.
I did because we were 2 goals up in the 75th minute..and could not hold onto it for the next 15 mins. Thought we were better than this now. Thats why i give a shit.

I did because we were 2 goals up in the 75th minute..and could not hold onto it for the next 15 mins. Thought we were better than this now. Thats why i give a shit.
The first team is better than that. But then so is VVD.

If we weren't facing a CL semi final on Tuesday we stroll that game though, so I'm not gonna stress out about it.

The first team is better than that. But then so is VVD.

If we weren't facing a CL semi final on Tuesday we stroll that game though, so I'm not gonna stress out about it.
Wise words ... i will take your lead on this advice. Still pissed off..both team and managers post match interview as i thought he was better than some of the drivel shit he was coming out with.

Exactly this. Don't like these comments at all.

Get over it.
Yes & no.

Yes cos he could have said the side should have the game won regardless & it would have been true.

No cos the complaints about the ref & pitch were valid, & many managers would have raised those points.

We're just used to klopp not using excuses.

Thing is there's no way he deflects any blame at all on team selection, cos it means the players coming in are put down, or individual mistakes cos that's not his bag. He'll never blame the team.

This is the first time I remember him chastising a ref & opposition tactics (he may have done so before, I can't remember it though) & I think it's actually a calculated move.

Yes & no.

Yes cos he could have said the side should have the game won regardless & it would have been true.

No cos the complaints about the ref & pitch were valid, & many managers would have raised those points.

We're just used to klopp not using excuses.

Thing is there's no way he deflects any blame at all on team selection, cos it means the players coming in are put down, or individual mistakes cos that's not his bag. He'll never blame the team.

This is the first time I remember him chastising a ref & opposition tactics (he may have done so before, I can't remember it though) & I think it's actually a calculated move.

He has no right to complain about how a home team sets up their pitch. None whatsoever.

That was pathetic.

He has no right to complain about how a home team sets up their pitch. None whatsoever.

That was pathetic.

I don't know, is it really OK for a team to make their pitch intentionally worse/more dangerous to play on to gain an advantage? Where does it end – will teams be allowed to leave the pitch intentionally water-logged, failing to clear the snow or ice on purpose? There could be different opinions on where to draw the line, but I think a German club would be ashamed to try something like this – they pride themselves on creating the best possible conditions for all players, no matter what. I understand why Klopp would find it jarring.

Maybe there should be a new thread on this.

Last edited:
Moreno and Gomez were rusty as fuck and West Brom ( assisted by the ref) got a point...

I've had worse days.

For the first time I didn't like what Klopp said post match, it was very salty and unbecoming of him and LFC, but then in a way I'm glad we are pissed off... stupid performance

Let's refocus go and vent our anger on Roma.

I read that it was him complaining about the pitch people didn't like...

I've no problem with that complaint.

I disliked him basically saying that West Brom have wasted points and are certainly relegated...

Unnecessary and clearly pissed off comments.

I forgive him though.

Let's fuck Roma up... this time with decent full backs not doing stupid shit.

That was pathetic.
Can you show me where he complained? If you watch the interview the interviewer complains. Klopp actually says ‘Teams can set up their pitch how they like’

I get why the press and oppo fans are having a go, but its a joke that our fans are.

Theres a difference between being unbiased to Liverpool and being a cunt for the ‘Oh god look at me im so fucking cool I can even call it when we do things wrong’ sake of it.

Macca, Mark, Keniget, Brendan, Ryan, Me and a million other posters are super critical when its warranted.

Klopp having a dig about them getting relegated when they DID set up the pitch like a fucking park in summer and then commenced to kick punch and trip their way through the next 90 minutes is something maybe we could leave people who dont like us to moan about.

Anyway. Youre entitled to your opinion. Just fact check first yeah. He categorically didnt complain.

I read that it was him complaining about the pitch people didn't like...

I've no problem with that complaint.

I disliked him basically saying that West Brom have wasted points and are certainly relegated...

Unnecessary and clearly pissed off comments.

I forgive him though.

Let's fuck Roma up... this time with decent full backs not doing stupid shit.

Yeah, they do look a bit petty when you read the quotes - 'they can enjoy their dry pitch in the Championship' or whatever he said - but he was annoyed and pissed off, and whatever the real intention, it's hardly important, and who fucking cares really?

I don't mind emotion and honesty and a little bit of needle, if that's even what it was. I was shouting much worse at the telly.

I'm not sure anyone wants a totally neutered, media-trained Liverpool manager, trotting out boring platitudes all the fucking time,

The comments about the pitch are a bit cringe worthy. They wouldn’t have been made had we won. The players coming in are not good enough and that was klopps decision

The comments about the pitch are a bit cringe worthy. They wouldn’t have been made had we won. The players coming in are not good enough and that was klopps decision
It was brought up by the interviewer though. Yeah, he could have refrained. But I like that our manager is super emotional. Just like us.

It was brought up by the interviewer though. Yeah, he could have refrained. But I like that our manager is super emotional. Just like us.

That’s the interviewers job to bait klopp for a response.He was obviously pissed off about the result so fell into trap and responded like he did

Yeah, exactly.

I was more concerned about just HOW angry he was, it was like he'd been given a glimpse into the future and seen the league table after the last game had just finished.

Which is incredibly irrational of me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom