• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating, but I guess a point isn't too bad, given what a tricky fixture this was. Moreno is an utter disgrace - he didn't even try, he gave away a stupid free kick and he let the whole team down. West Brom must be the dirtiest team in the league - they fouled even when there was no point to it, and should have been down to nine men. Good riddance to them.

Lovren with some horrendous defending when coming on, their first goal was offside.

Last 10 minutes we switched off like I’ve not seen in a while.
Moreno shite, Gomez clearly unfit.

To be fair, Gomez hasn't played in a while. As he tired, the mistakes crept in.

Same for Moreno. Even though he's gash generally.

There's no excuse for Lovren on that set piece. He just instilled panic when he came on.

Poor substitution from Klopp. The 3 at the back nonsense has never worked and it bit us in the arse again. I don't know why he keeps on going back to it.

There's no excuse for Lovren on that set piece. He just instilled panic when he came on.

Poor substitution from Klopp. The 3 at the back nonsense has never worked and it bit us in the arse again. I don't know why he keeps on going back to it.

Thought the same. Lovren was horrendous.
Better to bring on an extra midfielder

How many times has klopp fucked up our shape when in a winning position which has cost us points?

Negative changes yield negative results.

moreno and hendo were abysmal, klavan also poor and the ref was no better. poor the virgil
Agreed. Happens too fucking often. As soon as I see the extra defender I almost can call what will happen.

To be fair most of the time he's used this, we held the lead. It's just people remember the negative far easier.

Typical from Lovren though. A defender in Klopp's system (with high line and frequent offside trap) needs to be cool as ice under pressure. Lovren keeps showing that he can't control his emotions, I wonder at what point Klopp will have enough.

Moreno was poor but the central pairing were fine all day until Klop took off both salah and mane. This meant no threat up front and encouraged WBA to attack us. The second goal was as a result of the highest laziness from Gomez in giving away that free kick.

To be fair most of the time he's used this, we held the lead. It's just people remember the negative far easier.
I remember him doing this in the league against City and Tottenham at home. Both times we conceded late.

Although maybe you're right and we've held the lead most times. Thing is, every time he does this, I feel like we are under pressure and invite the opposition to pump the ball into the box.

Lovren with some horrendous defending when coming on, their first goal was offside.

Last 10 minutes we switched off like I’ve not seen in a while.
Moreno shite, Gomez clearly unfit.
First goal was onside virgil kept them onside.

Moreno was poor but the central pairing were fine all day until Klop took off both salah and mane. This meant no threat up front and encouraged WBA to attack us. The second goal was as a result of the highest laziness from Gomez in giving away that free kick.
Laziness? The kid looked absolutely dead on his feet. He hasn't played in weeks and it looked that way.

If anything, Klopp should have subbed him off for Trent instead of bring Lovren on.

The amount of times he cleared his lines and wasn't backed up by a team mate for the second ball was ridiculous. Its idiotic to blame him, the shite in both full back positions cost us, not for the first time.
I disagree. Im not interested in what constituted poor defending. I already KNOW that Gomez and Moreno are shit.

Not clearing your lines is fucking criminal.
75m defenders should rightly be called out when they initiate a collapse.

No need to respond. You think the full backs are to blame thats cool. Its too fucking hot for a debate

It's not just Klopp, it's every cunt we've had for the past 20 years, and it always invites more pressure.

Moreno was fucking abysmal. Klavan was poor. Gomez was poor. Lovren was on 10 minutes and made two awful errors one that nearly cost us a goal and the second that did (if he hadn't broken the defensive line then Rondon would have been offside). We have a great first team but zero strength in depth.

Major plus from the game = no injuries. 4 more points required to secure Top 4.

Too casual at times today. And its always a worry when you have a big big game coming. Im just glad its at home so the fans can boot them up the arse if they start with the same intensity as today.

Salah 31 goals + Ings goals only positives. Oh and a delightful reverse from AOC.

Moreno, Klavan and Gomez all a yard off the pace. Hardly surprising but it wasn't the time for wholesale changes at the back.

Granted the second goal was poorly defended ... but it wasn’t a free....

Too often players kept losing the ball for no good reason, Gomes was garbage today as was Moreno.

A poor effort.

That said we threw it away there... stupid....

West Brom deserved a point and they got it, I just wish we hadn’t given it too them via some shady performances all over the park.

Klavan was good .. we went tits up whan Klopp decided to make too many subs. Plus Gomez shit...and the person that said TAA should have come on was spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom