• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he say? The set pieces stuff and not watering the pitch I couldnt give a fuck about.

The last time I watched a game with @StevieM the result was 2~2.
I watch this game with him and it's two all. I don't like to be a rat but I am pretty sure I have identified who is responsible for today's draw.

Someone’s just upset because yet again the glorious Tayto from the north was found to be superior.

The bars we were in were so ashamed of their muck German-owned cardboard flavoured wannabe Tayto they wouldn’t even sell them.

f1c3ee60a1c279c2bb8c77d94ba337da.jpg

Every pundit and analyst I listened said it should have been a penalty, but Dreamy reckons it shouldn't have been, so that's that I suppose.

Would like to know how he reconciles the non penalty tackle with the one which won a free leading to the equalizer.

Look - it was a penalty by the letter of the law, but the ref would never give that because the distance between him the and ball was like miles away. Klopp can go on about the ref as much as he wants - don't give a fuck about that. But it was a first time he has lost his cool against an opposition team and said some silly shit...about the pitch and the pointless points for them by drawing. Having said that I do remember the first time we faced WBA at Anfield with Klop in charge we drew 2-2 and I remember Klopp saying in the post match interview "We should not lose to a team like WBA" - referring to the way they play (well rather lack of play). We need to get tougher when in the lead - cannot drop points like that - that is the third occasion this season - Seville, Arsenal ,and now WBA. Why Gomez did what he did that eventually led to the 2nd goal just baffles the shit out of me - I don't get it at all.

It's hardly a habit though. It's something we were doing up until about 6 months ago, so three games that teams salvaged a draw in is hardly terrible. It nearly happened against City, but they're the best team in the league.

It stopped once we got shut of playing players like Mignolet and Moreno, we were also less sloppy when we put TAA in there instead of Gomez (give or take the odd game, like United away).

Yesterday was just a case of circumstance, we had to rest players and the ones we brought in highlighted our lack of depth. Put Clyne/TAA and Roberson in that team and we'd have seen the game out.

Moreno should never play for us again and Gomez should go back to sitting on the bench.

Should have signed Emerson from Roma and aked if they would accept cash plus Moreno. Mind you most shit came from the Gomez side. Fucks sake what it wrong with Clyne ? How long does he need ?

Gomez deserves the chance to get fit

He was making mistakes before he got injured, he's been making these sort of mistakes all season. He's a kid, I get it, he'll take time to get to grips with it, but he's making more errors than the less defensive TAA, so he doesn't really deserve to be in the team if he's repeatedly costing us points. I don't think that's harsh, kid or not.

He was making mistakes before he got injured, he's been making these sort of mistakes all season. He's a kid, I get it, he'll take time to get to grips with it, but he's making more errors than the less defensive TAA, so he doesn't really deserve to be in the team if he's repeatedly costing us points. I don't think that's harsh, kid or not.

I genuinely can't be sure, but I don't remember him showing any signs of lack of concentration or positional problems when Rodgers played him on the left. Maybe I've got that wrong?

Watching Moreno and Gomez struggle yesterday was a timely reminder of how easily bad positioning and basic mistakes can lead to completely unnecessary spells of pressure from the opposition. I lost all hope of Moreno ever being good enough after yesterday. It's also a worry how often Gomez fucks up - I know he may have tired yesterday but that awful attempt at a flick was just poor decision making rather than a tired leg.

Klopp's comments were a little undignified, I thought the worst bit was when he said to the interviewer "obviously you've never actually played football" or something like that.

However, in some ways it was nice to see it. Firstly, beneath the laughy jokey image he's obviously capable of being a bit of a cunt, and that's good to see. Secondly, it was also good to see him so upset by the result. And lastly, I think he was upset because he was thinking that we could have the last two league fixtures as dead rubbers, which would mean he could rest players for the CL final. I like that kind of thinking.

Klopp's comments were a little undignified, I thought the worst bit was when he said to the interviewer "obviously you've never actually played football" or something like that.

I'm very negative about how lazy questions are, but isn't it right? Would you REALLY not know why a dry pitch was a problem? I detest this kind of line of questioning. They know full well what they're doing, and most people can see it, and yet all of the focus goes on the interviewee.

I genuinely can't be sure, but I don't remember him showing any signs of lack of concentration or positional problems when Rodgers played him on the left. Maybe I've got that wrong?

I don't think he did, which is strange because he was in a worse defensive set up that exposed him alot more, maybe it was just because he didn't figure that many times before he got injured, he only played 5 games so it wasn't really long enough for us to adequately assess him. The makings of a player is often noticeable by how they react to bad games, TAA got over his United farce pretty quickly, Gomez just seems to make the same errors over and over.

Gomez played several good games before his injury, and the kid has talent.
Need to learn from his mistakes but its way to soon to give up on him.

No one is suggesting giving up on him - I certainly don't but you see the issue don't you ? - we need 6 points from the last few games to qualify for next year's CL on the assumption we don't win the CL, and we lose to Chelsea. Now we have to face a very determined Stoke next week who I have watched doing all that gengen pressing against Burnley. The only way I think I could relax is if we some how beat Roma like 5-0 or some shit like that that ain't gonna ever happen. Fuck knows it's fucked me off - as much as Klopp. No wonder he looked so fucking pissed off and started laying into the pitch, WBA team for even wanting to draw the game for pride or whatever - in his mind they should have just lost !!!

He dwelled on the ball at one point, had it nicked off him and it put pressure on which led to one of the goals. I'm not blaming him or taking focus away from his assist, but there's an overall point about players being focused and digging in when coming off the bench, too many times that hasn't seemed the case and whatever the quality of the player, it's just disrupted the team. I'm not sure he deserved MOTM for an assist, there weren't many good performers but there were players like Milner who dug in and provided good quality throughout. If he got MOTM for that then it's says more about the quality of the team performance overall.

VVD got alot of stick, but he cleared danger more than anyone and repeatedly wasn't backed up on the second ball. Yet he gets crucified for not stepping out when he'd challenged for the ball and momentum had taken him off the pitch. Klavan did ok aside from the confusion with Karius, who seems of late to have reverted to the previous indecisiveness and erratic behaviour.
He did far more than just an assist and I covered the fact that attacking midfielders (like forwards) are going to lose the ball now and again, they are up against multiple defenders and trying passes/tricks that can't all be successful. It's why so many chose him as MOTM (though I agree there were no real stand out candidates).

Every pundit and analyst I listened said it should have been a penalty, but Dreamy reckons it shouldn't have been, so that's that I suppose.

Would like to know how he reconciles the non penalty tackle with the one which won a free leading to the equalizer.

I can only assume you haven't read the thread fully.

No one is suggesting giving up on him - I certainly don't but you see the issue don't you ? - we need 6 points from the last few games to qualify for next year's CL on the assumption we don't win the CL, and we lose to Chelsea. Now we have to face a very determined Stoke next week who I have watched doing all that gengen pressing against Burnley. The only way I think I could relax is if we some how beat Roma like 5-0 or some shit like that that ain't gonna ever happen. Fuck knows it's fucked me off - as much as Klopp. No wonder he looked so fucking pissed off and started laying into the pitch, WBA team for even wanting to draw the game for pride or whatever - in his mind they should have just lost !!!

You'r wrong mate. Chelsea can max get 75 points. With out far superior goal difference we need 4 points more to reach 75. Chelsea also now have the FA Cup to consider. I am sure they are capable to win remaining games, even have the chance to beat us. But there is nothing suggesting we should start loosing games. The last fra weeks now will be watching everyone carefully and keep them Sharp and on their toes for the CL games as well as picking points in PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom