• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, exactly.

I was more concerned about just HOW angry he was, it was like he'd been given a glimpse into the future and seen the league table after the last game had just finished.

Which is incredibly irrational of me
I imagine his nervousness about injuries through rough play and pitch condition compounded to his disappointment in letting 2 late goals in against West Brom of all teams.

Yep, there was certainly some quite bad challenges, tackles and fouls. And that penalty we should have had.

But anyway, he was also annoyed that there too many poor displays and his subs didn't work

Yeah, they do look a bit petty when you read the quotes - 'they can enjoy their dry pitch in the Championship' or whatever he said - but he was annoyed and pissed off, and whatever the real intention, it's hardly important, and who fucking cares really?

I don't mind emotion and honesty and a little bit of needle, if that's even what it was. I was shouting much worse at the telly.

I'm not sure anyone wants a totally neutered, media-trained Liverpool manager, trotting out boring platitudes all the fucking time,

Yeah me too... I didn't like the saltyness, the result, or the performance, but at the same time actually seeing the manager clearly fucked off is not that disheartening...

In a way, I would much rather a poor result in that match to spike the venom up a bit than a poor result on Tuesday... it certainly isn't guaranteed but I'm still very hopeful we will get the points we need for the CL next year, or of course we could just go and win the fucker... And there many of us are assuming that Chelsea will beat us at the bridge... its a 6 pointer but that doesn't mean they are gonna get them does it... I'd love it if we made sure they don't get back in next year...

Our defence was rusty as fuck, what in the world of fuck was Gomes doing.... but it wasn't just him... there were a few occasions when I spewed invective at others on the pitch who were basically doing truly dumb shit.

Maybe we had become overly confident or were lackadaisical, nobody thought we would concede two late goals, maybe the players got lazy in their heads.

Over-confidence is not always advantageous, there is something to learn from that game... it was a poor result for us but not catastrophic and I hope it serves as a wake-up call.

We didn't play well but at the same time knocking some rust of the full-backs is not necessarily a bad thing and growing some anger in the team itself and obviously in the manager may well help us for the midweek game...

that's my logic anyway...

now I hope we go and smash the fuck outta Roma, but if we don't I hope we do it the game after... and the game after that... I still can't avoid the feeling that that team of ours is fucking nifty... it's like they are actually genuinely really good...

Yeah me too... I didn't like the saltyness, the result, or the performance, but at the same time actually seeing the manager clearly fucked off is not that disheartening...

I didn't see anything wrong with his presser. And I can't remember the last time I saw a game, when it wasn't raining, where the pitch didn't get the sprinkler system at half time. If Salah had twisted his ankle on that pitch I doubt fans would have found criticism of the dry pitch at all irrelevant. Their strange man mountain of a manager, who seemed to lose himself in personal exercises during the game, said afterwards that 'it was just a hot day'. Well, that usually means it's more important than usual to put the sprinklers on at half time.

Their strange man mountain of a manager, who seemed to lose himself in personal exercises during the game, said afterwards that 'it was just a hot day'.

One advantage of being a black guy is that nobody is allowed to criticise you. You have broken the law with this message. Expect to hear Plod ringing your doorbell very soon.

I don't know, is it really OK for a team to make their pitch intentionally worse/more dangerous to play on to gain an advantage? Where does it end – will teams be allowed to leave the pitch intentionally water-logged, failing to clear the snow or ice on purpose? There could be different opinions on where to draw the line, but I think a German club would be ashamed to try something like this – they pride themselves on creating the best possible conditions for all players, no matter what. I understand why Klopp would find it jarring.

Maybe there should be a new thread on this.

Surely a less slippy pitch is more dangerous?

In any case pl pitches are superb water or not, it's hardly the same as the examples you mentioned above.

Can you show me where he complained? If you watch the interview the interviewer complains. Klopp actually says ‘Teams can set up their pitch how they like’

I get why the press and oppo fans are having a go, but its a joke that our fans are.

Theres a difference between being unbiased to Liverpool and being a cunt for the ‘Oh god look at me im so fucking cool I can even call it when we do things wrong’ sake of it.

Macca, Mark, Keniget, Brendan, Ryan, Me and a million other posters are super critical when its warranted.

Klopp having a dig about them getting relegated when they DID set up the pitch like a fucking park in summer and then commenced to kick punch and trip their way through the next 90 minutes is something maybe we could leave people who dont like us to moan about.

Anyway. Youre entitled to your opinion. Just fact check first yeah. He categorically didnt complain.

If he didn't fair enough.

Although his comments that their points were wasted was classless.

If he didn't fair enough.

Although his comments that their points were wasted was classless.
I think you have just heard from someone that he said something he didnt.

I don’t feel that point will help West Brom massively. It feels like a complete waste of points; they don’t need it. We would have needed it.

Hes saying its no good to them and no good to us. Hes not saying THEY wasted points hes saying there were 3 points available for either side and neither took them. As in the 3 points the premier league allotted to that game were wasted.

This is exactly what I mean, its like Superfan in negative. Youve gone looking for shit to beat him with based on media spin and oppo fans. He neither brought up the pitch, nor did he criticise them insisting it was within their rights, nor did he suggest they wasted points.

Stop being a cunt Patrick.
Hes OUR guy. Let the other fuckers find bullshit to have a go at him about. If you want to be Mr Controversial then moan about the fucking CB coming on and playing to not lose rather than playing to win. For me thats the ONLY thing he did wrong all weekend.

Having for many years laughed at how easily Arsenal could be bullied out of a match, I am loath to over criticize a team for using strong arm tactics.
However, what I do expect is fairness and the ability to respond like for like and not expect to be unduly punished more so than the opposition by the referees.
It seems teams like West Brom are allowed to get away with roughing some teams up because that is simply their level while we are penalized because we are better than that.
The got some soft frees yesterday while simultaneously getting away with some outrageous stuff going unpunished.
It's simply not consistent.

Yeah, Klopp was entitled to have a moan really. They did their upmost to not play football and to just fight their way through 90 minutes. Maybe that stems from their previous manager, maybe it's why they are being relegated. Either way, their Egyptian centre half got away with murder and should have had a couple of cards aside from what should have been a sending off for the punch.

But we're crying over spilled milk. Since the derby we've looked like we want play games in bottom gear and hope that we come away with something, we've not been beaten in any of these games, despite being half arsed and having bellends like Moreno playing.

Joe Gomez is a real problem. Maybe he is just a victim of being an accomplished centre half playing out of position, but it's not really washing any more with me. He's made more mistakes that have led to goals than any individual in the squad this season. He lacks concentration and consistency in his performance and it cost us again yesterday, he needs alot of work. I'm just not sure you can coach things like bad concentration levels, out of players.

I like Joemez, but it's incredibly worrying how he switched off at RB

Maybe league games we try him at CB for the last few?

Unbecoming and a bit embarrassing. Only understandable as he was deflecting the blame from where it lays. With himself

Probably yeah, I can just about stomach it because he's playing a juggling act with the CL and just trying to get through these games, but really there's no excuse for playing renowned colossal fuck ups like Moreno, or more shite subs (the whole idea of throwing a centre half on late does my head in, it repeatedly disrupts things).

As soon as lovren came on I backed the draw. The only thing that cunt is good for is stealing money off bookies

And then he'll probably be a man mountain on Tuesday, you just can't call it with him. He's useless because of how inconsistent he is, but when he's good they look like a good partnership. You just know he'll undo it in the next game though.

When everyone's fit, we've had a very strong and varied-looking bench. But at the moment there's not really many good options at all. Aside from improving the first XI, we're going to have to improve the quality of the players on the bench, and that's going to be even trickier.

And I do think we need to get tough with any player who doesn't seem to learn. If we're stuck with him and his wages for at least half a season, then we need to make him earn those wages. Moreno sat around all last season and half of this, and has not learnt a single lesson. That's why I said he should have been put in the under23s and played at CB as well as more attacking positions - yes, it's ridiculous him at CB, but it would've been worth it to force him to think. He plays without the slightest understanding of what his actions and movement do to his teammates' actions and movement. He constantly gets whatever poor sod plays alongside him almighty grief from fans who don't seem to understand what it does to a left CB when the left back just buggers off all the time. He's been an almighty waste of money, he's lost us key games, and a final, and he still wanders around Melwood as if he's the most popular player on the planet. He should at least have been worked in the reserves. For him to come on yesterday and play like that, it's an absolute disgrace.

Last edited:
When everyone's fit, we've had a very strong and varied-looking bench. But at the moment there's not really many good options at all. Aside from improving the first XI, we're going to have to improve the quality of the players on the bench, and that's going to be even trickier.

It's more a sense that you're not going to get any particular variation or impact from there. You don't look at Ings and think, here's a good chance of a goal (I do like him though). And even though AOC changed it a bit, he also looked lackluster in other respects and gave the ball away in the build up to one of their late attacks. Our subs in general seem to lack purpose or focus. And as I said, the late centre half sub option is counterproductive. The best thing to do in that respect is to put a player infront of the back four to protect them more. You don't throw another player in there, it just sparks confusion and a bigger lack of cohesion.

It's more a sense that you're not going to get any particular variation or impact from there. You don't look at Ings and think, here's a good chance of a goal (I do like him though). And even though AOC changed it a bit, he also looked lackluster in other respects and gave the ball away in the build up to one of their late attacks. Our subs in general seem to lack purpose or focus. And as I said, the late centre half sub option is counterproductive. The best thing to do in that respect is to put a player infront of the back four to protect them more. You don't throw another player in there, it just sparks confusion and a bigger lack of cohesion.
To the contrary I thought AOC looked anything but lackluster and it's why so many seem to have chosen him as MOTM despite the fact he only played ca. 30 mins ! Attacking midfielders are going to give the ball away now and again, it's part and parcel of being creative and attacking. That's why Hendo and Gini, Gomez (AA) and Moreno (Robertson) should be there to back him up when he loses possession.

To the contrary I thought AOC looked anything but lackluster and it's why so many seem to have chosen him as MOTM despite the fact he only played ca. 30 mins ! Attacking midfielders are going to give the ball away now and again, it's part and parcel of being creative and attacking. That's why Hendo and Gini. Gomez (AA), Moreno (Robertson) should be there to back him up when he loses possession.

He dwelled on the ball at one point, had it nicked off him and it put pressure on which led to one of the goals. I'm not blaming him or taking focus away from his assist, but there's an overall point about players being focused and digging in when coming off the bench, too many times that hasn't seemed the case and whatever the quality of the player, it's just disrupted the team. I'm not sure he deserved MOTM for an assist, there weren't many good performers but there were players like Milner who dug in and provided good quality throughout. If he got MOTM for that then it's says more about the quality of the team performance overall.

VVD got alot of stick, but he cleared danger more than anyone and repeatedly wasn't backed up on the second ball. Yet he gets crucified for not stepping out when he'd challenged for the ball and momentum had taken him off the pitch. Klavan did ok aside from the confusion with Karius, who seems of late to have reverted to the previous indecisiveness and erratic behaviour.

VVD was boss, but let down by both full backs and Lovren when he came on.

In hindsight 1 point away is not bad. Never got out of second gear, rested players, no injuries and we’re ready for Roma.

I think we’ll beat Stoke next Saturday and that will probably be enough for top 4.

I cringed when I read the comments because at the end of the day it reads like a manager of a big club saying a smaller club are irrelevant no matter what the original context / intention was.

That said, I don't particularly care. Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger and a load of others have gotten away with being obnoxious pricks for years. Klopp is generally a good guy and if people are going to get all pissy about him saying some shit when he's angry about a result, they can get fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom