• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im all for us signing some homegrown talent, because I agree we’re short there (for now).

However… who the fuck is John Swift and what fucking point would their be to signing him?

That has “Ben Davies type transfer” written all over - look how he turned out.

If we are going to sign homegrown talent over the age of 21 they either need to be reasonably good, at least a veteran with loads of experience.

Id prefer us to stick with what we’ve got rather than sign someone for the sheer hell of it.
You should know Bluebell by now ! He's all for selling half the squad ... and then seems to want to replace them by posting links to obscure (or unproven) players. Fun to watch with a shake of the head.

If we are looking to tap into the lower leagues, then surely it should be like the Joe Gomez type signings - young talent at low risk fees?

Nottingham Forest's Brennan Johnson looks like a good prospect but they rejected a £18m bid from Brentford in Jan so he'll probably be a no-go.

Last edited:
You should know Bluebell by now ! He's all for selling half the squad ... and then seems to want to replace them by posting links to obscure (or unproven) players. Fun to watch with a shake of the head.
Yes, Keita, Gomez, Ox and Matip because they were so injury prone. Matip seems to have suddenly developed some endurance, so would keep him. I would have loved if we had signed Michael Olise but CP got to him 1st, still wouldn't object to us making a £25m bid for him.

If we are looking to tap into the lower leagues, then surely it should be like the Joe Gomez type signings - young talent at low risk fees?

Nottingham Forest's Brennan Johnson looks like a good prospect but they rejected a £18m bid from Brentford in Jan so he'll probably be a no-go.

These lot think we have owners that will sign 100m players. Bellingham is good but well overpriced at £100m.

Im all for us signing some homegrown talent, because I agree we’re short there (for now).

However… who the fuck is John Swift and what fucking point would their be to signing him?

That has “Ben Davies type transfer” written all over - look how he turned out.

If we are going to sign homegrown talent over the age of 21 they either need to be reasonably good, at least a veteran with loads of experience.

Id prefer us to stick with what we’ve got rather than sign someone for the sheer hell of it.

If not for their ages, we could be looking at a decade of domination if we pair up Swift with Ryan Frasier.

They’re just going to make sure we pay more. We should really go elsewhere at this point.

I’d imagine the reason they wanted to buy someone quietly like this is that in the summer we will have a ton of cash from selling salah and we don’t want to buy people after that is known - as teams will just want to raise the price too high

Emile Smth Rowe gets only a £1m a year, the kid looks brilliant. I think a £40m bid from big club could make his head turn. I think the kid is brilliant,

I don't get the hype with smith-rowe. Decent player, but thats about it. Can't see him turning in to an ever present for them

I don't get the hype with smith-rowe. Decent player, but thats about it. Can't see him turning in to an ever present for them
Dude, 9 goals in the Prem this season. Hyped he most definitely is not.
Let's talk when Jones is anywhere close to that.

He's got 'it' - not that fast, but smart on the pitch, fearless, really dangerous passer and he scores goals ... 9 goals in a premier league season?
Arsenal have a scary young nucleus developing as I said a few months ago - ESR, Saka, Martinelli etc

its a decent return but thats because near enough everything is pulled back to him.I think jones could get those kind of figures in an arsenal setup. I dunno. I think his form will fall off a cliff and he won't do much over the next few years.

He's got 'it' - not that fast, but smart on the pitch, fearless, really dangerous passer and he scores goals ... 9 goals in a premier league season?
Arsenal have a scary young nucleus developing as I said a few months ago - ESR, Saka, Martinelli etc
That's the reason I don't want Arsenal to get top 4.. we could try and poach Saka. He's brilliant.

If Jones was an Arsenal player and played as much as Smith Rowe, and he probably would, then their figures might not be so unalike.
edit as @Fabio said

That's the reason I don't want Arsenal to get top 4.. we could try and poach Saka. He's brilliant.

Tbh, I think Martinelli could explode into a Suarez like player ... he's tenacious, smart player, never stops and seems to have a knack for scoring goals when they play him centrally.
If we could get either him or Saka ...

4th will be Wolves anyways - that's what Momo told me.

its a decent return but thats because near enough everything is pulled back to him.I think jones could get those kind of figures in an arsenal setup. I dunno. I think his form will fall off a cliff and he won't do much over the next few years.
If Jones was an Arsenal player and played as much as Smith Rowe, and he probably would, then their figures might not be so unalike.
edit as @Fabio said
Yes, Smith-Rowe is playing more than Jones, but he's also better imo.

Yes, Smith-Rowe is playing more than Jones, but he's also better imo.
Personally I think that if Jones was playing regularly without the pressure of having to perform to a very high standard every single opportunity he is given then his end product would significantly improve.
We may never find out as he also could be the type that has a career that fizzles out before it ever really takes off

Personally I think that if Jones was playing regularly without the pressure of having to perform to a very high standard every single opportunity he is given then his end product would significantly improve.
We may never find out as he also could be the type that has a career that fizzles out before it ever really takes off
I get what you're saying but Smith-Rowe isn't exactly playing without any pressure. Arsenal are looking to make top 4. The boy has to perform and has.
Like I've stated in other threads, best thing for Jones right now would be a loan move to a Championship team.
If he stands out, bring him back, if not sell.
Elliott did it and I think it helped him a lot.

I get what you're saying but Smith-Rowe isn't exactly playing without any pressure. Arsenal are looking to make top 4. The boy has to perform and has.
Like I've stated in other threads, best thing for Jones right now would be a loan move to a Championship team.
If he stands out, bring him back, if not sell.
Elliott did it and I think it helped him a lot.
Arsenal have only really been in with a top 4 shout since December. Before then they were shite and arteta was lucky to still have a job.

There was no pressure and now there is. It'll be interesting to see how they hold up. Personally expect them to collapse again because Arsenal

Arsenal have only really been in with a top 4 shout since December. Before then they were shite and arteta was lucky to still have a job.

There was no pressure and now there is. It'll be interesting to see how they hold up. Personally expect them to collapse again because Arsenal

Yes, they are the most pointless, pompous, smug, twatish, pathetic bunch of whining cunts in the league. Can't wait for Arteta to get sacked. Actually, hopefully thay'll keep him on for years as they will never be a threat with that little prick in charge.

I've done a ross and looked back on his scoring.

He scored; the 5th against norwich, the 4th against leeds, only goal versus watford, the second against Leicester, 3rd against villa, first against spurs (fair enough), first against brentford. And theres one i'm missing

I mean... most of them are in stat-padder games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom